The Official Super Joe Burrow Dress Rehearsal Game Thread

16 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If I am Burrow I tell Mikey  - I am all in but you had better be as well. I am here to win but you had better be as well. Once my contract ends (plus maybe a franchise year if this team is still sucking and minimal changes have been made, I am out of here. 

I would add that I would tell the Tree Sloth this before he drafted me and I would tell him I will state publicly that I want to win and the Brown family does as well and will look to make changes to improve the overall organization. It would put 100% onus on the Inbreds to actually change. If they don't you walk away after a few years. EVERYONE knows where the shortcomings are in the organization - fix them or my time here will be very short. 

If I were Burrow, I'd tell the Bengals now to upgrade the O-line in free agency, and generally to use the large amounts of cap space they have. If they don't do anything significant in free agency, then tell the team not to draft him. And sit out the year if required. Going later in the draft in 2021 to a good team will be better for Burrow than butting his head against the limitations of the Bengals modus operandi. 

31 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If I were Burrow, I'd tell the Bengals now to upgrade the O-line in free agency, and generally to use the large amounts of cap space they have. If they don't do anything significant in free agency, then tell the team not to draft him. And sit out the year if required. Going later in the draft in 2021 to a good team will be better for Burrow than butting his head against the limitations of the Bengals modus operandi. 

There is no guarantee he would go to a better team in 2021.  There is no reason to give up 1 year of $8 million in earnings either, its a year he can't get back.   He is the MOST marketable he will ever be unless he makes it to an  AFC Championship game or better.  If he skips a season his marketability goes down the toilet and he will look like a whiner.   

Burrow is going to sit in the room, wait for the Bengals to call his name, put on a smile on, put on the #9 jersey and be the face of the franchise for at least 5 years.  Get used to it. 

Are people actually overlooking the fact that Joe actually likes Cincinnati?

Easy three hour drive for his parents from Athens.

Come up the night before the home games, stay at the Westin, dinner at a Jeff Ruby restaurant, Ruth's Christ or

Mortons, sit in the owners box for the game,

dine on Gold Star Chili after the game.

Does it get any better than this?

No, I don't think so.

50 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Are people actually overlooking the fact that Joe actually likes Cincinnati?

Easy three hour drive for his parents from Athens.

Come up the night before the home games, stay at the Westin, dinner at a Jeff Ruby restaurant, Ruth's Christ or

Mortons, sit in the owners box for the game,

dine on Gold Star Chili after the game.

Does it get any better than this?

No, I don't think so.

Lol.... staying at the Westin means you've have arrived.

Btw...he hates the chili

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/1/15/21067438/joe-burrow-doesnt-like-skyline-chili-oh-well

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

LOL at this notion that Burrow doesn't care about landing on the most dysfunctional organization in pro sports because he just loves Ohio so much.

He's the chosen one, he's going to lead the Bengals to the promise land. 

I think the Nebraska connection will help Joe feel comfortable coming to the Bengals.

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Fake news. 

But, I would do it in a New York second. 

Why... outside of Burrow this QB class is questionable at best. Burrow is the best QB prospect in the college and I don't Lawerence or Fields are better. 

Just do the obvious thing a get a great player, the Bengals had 10 draft picks last year and got a whole lot of nothing. Quality over quantity

I like how every talking head outfit in the football world are only talking about one of a couple of things right now:  either a) how Burrow should try to avoid getting picked by the Bengals or b) which teams could *really* use Burrow, and what kind of trade do they need to make with the Bengals to get there?  The common denominator is, of course, the Bengals don't deserve him and shouldn't have him.

I think it was ESPN who had Schefter on to talk about option b).  Their base premise was that some teams out there are only missing a QB and should shoot for... the unproven rookie QB?  So accepting that premise, the question becomes how do they get him?  What do they need to trade?  Of course it's only the Dolphins who have any kind of obvious package to offer, but they talk about teams like the Panthers (because Joe Brady) and the Chargers (because QB)... hello?  Guys?  The Bengals need a fuckin' QB!  At least Schefter did preface it by saying "this isn't necessarily even likely to happen, but..."

Option a) has mostly been coming from Stephen A., who says Mike Brown doesn't deserve a guy that good while in the same breath saying the Bengals have some of the best fans.  Weird logic there Stephen, punish the owner to.. help the awesome fans?  Oh wait, right, you don't actually *care* about the fans, just that there is some vain chance your shitty team might get Burrow.  Dumb.

It would be nice to hear some talking head outfit outside of the Cincinnati bubble talk about how Burrow could help turn *this* franchise around.  How it'd be a great story for him to return to southern Ohio and bring some happiness and hope.  But nope, it's gotta be all about how other teams might be able to get their grubby paws on this guy; how AMAZING the Panthers would be if they were able to get Burrow and reunite him with Brady; how he'd be an awesome understudy to Brees if he somehow got to stay in Louisiana and join the Saints.  Imagine if, say, the Giants hadn't picked Jones last year and ended up with the first pick this year.  Would we be hearing anything other than "well the Giants are saved, they got their QB... maybe better than Eli!" etc and so on?  Of course not.

I know, it comes with the territory and it's nothing new, but I have to admit, I'm as nervous as anyone that the Bengals will screw this up until I hear Goodell say "The Cincinnati Bengals select... Joe Burrow". 

I always wonder how long it will be until the NFL is as corrupt as the NBA with stuff like this; allowing teams to play fast and loose with the roster rules to not just allow, but help create "dynasty teams".  I mean, as a Raptors fan we've been screwed by this countless times, literally from day one - Toronto and Vancouver were banned from getting #1 overall from 1995-1998, and thus even though the Raptors won the #1 overall pick in the lottery in 1996, they couldn't draft Iverson.  Several free agent signings by the Raps have been cancelled by the league because of "operational mistakes", allowing that player to join one of the dynasty teams (and thus only using the Raptors as leverage for a higher payout - sound familiar?).  I firmly believe that if Kawhi hadn't been coming off injury last season they never would have allowed the Raps to complete that trade.  And of course, we may have been able to keep Kawhi (I actually doubt it) if not for the league once again helping teams collude to orchestrate the *precise* trade one star player wanted to allow a dynasty team to be formed.  I believe it's coming to the NFL, it's just a matter of when.

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I was thinking the same thing, some one needs to hire a PI to find BJ so he can come home and complete the prophecy scrolls.

The Prince who was Promised has arrived and his name is Joe Burrow. 

BJ is a FB friend Ill let him know once the draft pick is official

As tempting as that offer is you take Burrow. If we did not need a QB I would jump all over that offer, but you can not risk hoping you get back to the top of next years draft to draft a QB then. We have the need and a great QB is there, pull the trigger.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

LOL at this notion that Burrow doesn't care about landing on the most dysfunctional organization in pro sports because he just loves Ohio so much.

Jim Burrow on Joe Burrow possibly being drafted by the Bengals: "We've talked about it. I can be in my seat in 3.5 hours from Athens (Ohio), that's certainly a positive.

"He's excited to be in that conversation and if the Bengals do draft him, he's going to be happy." #TSN690

11 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Why... outside of Burrow this QB class is questionable at best. Burrow is the best QB prospect in the college and I don't Lawerence or Fields are better. 

Just do the obvious thing a get a great player, the Bengals had 10 draft picks last year and got a whole lot of nothing. Quality over quantity

So much this ☝️

Unknown-2.jpeg

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

With his amazing prowess at everything, he'll just create a new recipe that will reinvent both organizations. 

Maybe with his money he can buy our LaRosa's and replace that shitty sweet sauce they drown everything in.

Just don't fuck with Graeter's.

6 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

I love idiots that act like Price is a bust. He’s been in the league a couple of years and has had multiple line coaches. How long has Hopkins been in the league or Zeitler before he became solid. Just stfu if you have no clue what you’re talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

WTF are YOU talking about?  Zeitler was a day 1 starter and has been a solid starter his entire career. You don't get 3yrs $32mil by being average.   Price is a part time starter that lost his job to an undrafted FA and had to share time at guard with a 4th round rookie.   You pick players in the first round to immediately plug into the lineup, not develop over a few years into average starters. 

Can Price turn it around and become an OK starter?  Sure but the team drafted him in the first round to be a good starter in 2018 not a long term project. 

It is why I get annoyed when people bash Dalton.  Dude was an emergency 2nd round draft pick to replace the quitter. The team actually got lucky if you consider all the QBs drafted before him except Cam.  12 QBs were drafted in 2011, only 1 has over 200 TDs, 30,000 yds passing and 70 wins.  That player's name is not Cam Newton.   Jake Locker was the 8th pick that year, he won 9 games in his career.   

Don't get me wrong, if you have a chance at a possible generational QB, you have to take it. The game is far easier when you have a Brees, Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, or Wilson.

Archived