Building the 2020 Bengals

30 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

What's the significance of the picture? 

There's more stuff in his locker than I would have expected in the offseason. 

If you follow the link there's a caption suggesting he was clearing out his locker

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If you follow the link there's a caption suggesting he was clearing out his locker

What sucks is now I will have to learn the name of the new guy that gets toasted on 3rd and long. 

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Jonathan Joseph is available.

He can pick up where he left off.

Former GM Mark Dominic was just on Sirius NFL talking to Jonathon Joseph and he said "I remember seeing Mike Zimmer after the Bengals did not re-sign you, and he was fuming..in fact i have never seen such a disconnect between a coach and a head office"

And of course this is Dufus Tobin talking the other day (reference is to Mixon)

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-north-notes-bengals-browns-ravens-Stealers-85/

31 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

No amount of draft picks will be able to pry the new 'bell cow' out of Mikey's hands

Rumor has it Mike likes Herbert.  But it would take a lot more than 5, 18, and some 2nds to get me out of 1.  

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Because the franchise that has 1 playoff appearance in the last 10 years is so much better than Cincinnati.  They couldn't even tank properly.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

I wonder what brand of crack-crap this moron takes everyday. How unprofessional is it of this half-baked so-called journalist to still be trying to spew this garbage when Joe himself came out and said that this garbage did not start with his camp. FO all of them.

It was just a hypothetical.

But his mysterious GM source that said Miami wouldn't have to offer all 3 of their 1sts is probably wrong. Mike Brown isn't the sort to sell assets cheap and Burrow comes to the draft off the best season in college history. He should fetch more than RG3 in trade. 

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

It was just a hypothetical.

But his mysterious GM source that said Miami wouldn't have to offer all 3 of their 1sts is probably wrong. Mike Brown isn't the sort to sell assets cheap and Burrow comes to the draft off the best season in college history. He should fetch more than RG3 in trade. 

3 firsts in 2020..

1 second and 1 4th rounder in 2021..

Thats a nice haul if the Phins truly want JB..

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Who plays QB in this (highly unlikely) scenario?

With bengals first pick maybe Herbert or Love...then get their backer (Murray) and a olineman (Austin Jackson to round out round one..

We still have number 33 to get a receiver..

It is time (since we have so much of it) to discuss a possible Joe Mixon extension. The last few years have seen interesting developments - Levon Bell, Gurley, Gordon - each in its own way showing the large value over term is risky and for those backs that refused 'good' offers they later paid the price in much lessor offers. So i would propose a solid offer to Mixon and if he thinks he will get a better one let him play out his deal. We need him BUT if we had a better OL we need him less. 

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

With bengals first pick maybe Herbert or Love...then get their backer (Murray) and a olineman (Austin Jackson to round out round one..

We still have number 33 to get a receiver..

And then for 10 years we all bitch that we need an upgrade at QB....

There is overwhelming consensus that says - if you think you have a shot at a franchise QB you take it and run every time. 

13 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd take Burrow rather than multiple picks.

For Mixon, we should offer him 3 or 4 new years at about 8-9 mil per on average. Just structure it so we can get out of it after each season along the way without a big cap hit. That's not hard to do.

I wouldnt give any runni g back a 4yr deal...but as you put the structuring i would..

Archived