Building the 2020 Bengals

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Any trade out of Burrow MUST include at least one first and second round pick next year.  If not Joe or Tua, I want Lawrence or Fields next year.

There is zero guarantee that the Bengals will be in a position to draft either one of them.Know who they ARE in a position to draft? Joe Burrow. Miami needs a lot help as well. If they are willing to give up multiple picks to get Joe Burrow,that tells me we should just make the selection.

40 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Guess we ll keep JB then..

Im more than ok with that..

17 minutes ago, Sox said:

There is zero guarantee that the Bengals will be in a position to draft either one of them.Know who they ARE in a position to draft? Joe Burrow. Miami needs a lot help as well. If they are willing to give up multiple picks to get Joe Burrow,that tells me we should just make the selection.

I am quite content with staying at 1 and taking Burrow.  I'm just stating what I would want to move out of 1.

And if we do, I'm starting Finley, good shot at picking first if we do.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I wouldnt give any runni g back a 4yr deal...but as you put the structuring i would..

Yeah, we could announce a 4 year, 35 mil extension for Mixon. It would be an 8 mil signing bonus he gets this year, but he'd keep his current base salary for 2020. His 2020 cap hit goes up by 1.6 mil.  The 8 mil prorates over the next 5 years at 1.6 mil per. The other 27 mil would go something like 6, 7, 7, 8 mil per year in salary.  If he has a career ending injury in 2020, it would cost 400K to release him in 20201. In later years it would be a cap gain.  Of course we would have to find a replacement in those situations. Mixon should be willing to agree to this structure because he gets an extra 8 mil up front he wouldn't otherwise have which is financial security for life.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I'd take Burrow rather than multiple picks.

For Mixon, we should offer him 3 or 4 new years at about 8-9 mil per on average. Just structure it so we can get out of it after each season along the way without a big cap hit. That's not hard to do.

just have to get mixon to agree to a one sided for the club contract lol 

Saw an interesting stat on backer Kenneth Murray who mite be theur at 33..

He missed 55 tackles the past 3 years..

Now looking at alot of the others they described one as "only" missind 30 tackles in 3 yrs ..

Point being collage players certainly do miss more more but 55 was a red flag imo...

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Saw an interesting stat on backer Kenneth Murray who mite be theur at 33..

He missed 55 tackles the past 3 years..

Now looking at alot of the others they described one as "only" missind 30 tackles in 3 yrs ..

Point being collage players certainly do miss more more but 55 was a red flag imo...

Excellent point.

When you think about it, the fact that he was targeted enough times to be able to miss 55 tackles is 

a scary thought in itself.  And he is certainly going to be facing a lot of bigger, meaner, better coached cats in the NFL.

And Cream was one of the best and now most overlooked rock bands in history.

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Guess we ll keep JB then..

Im more than ok with that..

The Brown family is not going to pass on Burrow for obvious reasons.  1. If he goes somewhere else and becomes the next Peyton Manning they will never hear the end of it.  2. Not picking him means less butts in the seats unless they start winning now.  3. If they pick Herbert or Love and they suck, they will never hear the end of it.  

Basically, it is the safest pick PR wise. 

50 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The Brown family is not going to pass on Burrow for obvious reasons.  1. If he goes somewhere else and becomes the next Peyton Manning they will never hear the end of it.  2. Not picking him means less butts in the seats unless they start winning now.  3. If they pick Herbert or Love and they suck, they will never hear the end of it.  

you make a good point and no doubt those would all be devastating scenarios - but it's also the safest pick to improve the team

17 hours ago, spicoli said:

I’m a big Zac Baun fan at 33. 
Baun, Mims and Delpit are my faves at that spot. 

All goid players..

Baun has played as. DE for the most part but drops into coverage...

Mims is a good one..like him

Delpit would be a luxery pick at 33 imo..

20 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

What do u think his agent is looking for?

a 3 or 4 year 9-10  mil  average  might get it done if 20-25 mil is guaranteed   but no agent/player is looking for a contract that is easy for the team get out of. The only reason to sign a longer term deal is for at least 3 yrs security 2 if there is a big enough pay out in the 1st 2 years ... so  a big signing bonus or guarantees, which for the most part dissuades "easy for the club to get out of" 

i just dont see Mixon , (playing a position that does have a higher chance of career ending or limiting type or injuries signing ) or his agent recommending ..... a contract easy for the club to void early. 

would i like to see it , sure,

i just dont see it happening 

22 hours ago, stryker57 said:

just have to get mixon to agree to a one sided for the club contract lol 

Why wouldn't Mixon agree to that? The alternative is he plays on his rookie deal in 2020 and gets tagged for 2021. Or maybe gets cast aside after 2020 if he gets hurt or has a poor year. What I suggested is a better deal than Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon got on the open market. PFT had a piece that it was wise of Kenyan Drake to sign his transition tag for 8.4 mil rather than search the market for a better deal. They think the Cards might have withdrawn the tag. 

32 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

I wouldn't be opposed to trade up from 33 to 26 with Vikings to secure one of Queen or Murray. 

Also wouldn't be opposed to stay at 33 and roll with Baun. He adds a lot of value in several areas. 

Ive read some Raven reports and theyre definately looking at Murray and Queen at pick 28..

I believe they fancy Murray more for his 

north south tackling ability...

Both can go sideline with Queeen may having thee edge in covering ..

26 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Why wouldn't Mixon agree to that? The alternative is he plays on his rookie deal in 2020 and gets tagged for 2021. Or maybe gets cast aside after 2020 if he gets hurt or has a poor year. What I suggested is a better deal than Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon got on the open market. PFT had a piece that it was wise of Kenyan Drake to sign his transition tag for 8.4 mil rather than search the market for a better deal. They think the Cards might have withdrawn the tag. 

2020 franchise tag is 10.278 mill 21 tag is going to be over 11mil.  and he's making 1.2 mil this year so yes  your 16-18 mil for this year and next would be a gain and also a risk that they could cut him after this year anyway, with that club friendly deal your offering.

but  he'd still be 6 mil or so plus signing bonus ahead 

he might go for it truthfully i didnt realize his salary was so low.  👍

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Does being an Ohio guy factor into it at all? 

Archived