Building the 2020 Bengals

50 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Well i know I like the fact that a small town kid from southern Ohio is taking the reins in this new era...

Living in SoFla I don't get the local flavor obviously. What I was trying to ask is there a local (radio, fan talk, sports bars, gas station) excitement about him being local or is it about the same as when CP was on deck being a SoCa guy?

Personally I think it's pretty cool, but the bottom line is I want the best for the team no matter where they come from.

Burrow is popular in the Athens area, so much so the town became LSU fans for 2 years. It would help the Bengals marketing to move upriver toward Pittsburgh. If 3 years from now, JB is a probowler leading a winning Bengals team while the Stealers are suffering under BR's replacement, it will be a savvy marketing move to take him. 

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Burrow is popular in the Athens area, so much so the town became LSU fans for 2 years. It would help the Bengals marketing to move upriver toward Pittsburgh. If 3 years from now, JB is a probowler leading a winning Bengals team while the Stealers are suffering under BR's replacement, it will be a savvy marketing move to take him. 

Hopefully they will recovery their marketing moves in their own area..

But yeah..

1 hour ago, membengal said:

FYI - not sure basis of this rumor list but...

I was wrong about fantasy..

I read that article about those players and i can believe the reasons behind each player movin on..

Dunlap is 31 and coming off one of his best years..

They owe him 24mil next two yrs..

The mindset is to give Carl Lawsin more snaps this year with Hubbard swinging over to LE ..

Dunlaps value will never be higher

than right now..

Theyre looking to get younger everywhere..

See what is offered...{behind closed doors)

Remember that came from a good article someone put together..

Dunlap earned his money and then some last year..

24mil per yr for 2 more seasons seems a bargain imo..

Hes a respected leader ..

And who in the hell would fill his role in their rotation as well as he plays it?

Im keepin him....

2 hours ago, Jason said:

If you'll remember in my "decisions the Bengals must make the next few months" post, the possibility of trading Dunlap was mentioned.  If we could get a 2 for him you'd have to think seriously about it.

Yep. You really do.

His “replacement” is likely on the roster, as was mentioned earlier in the thread.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

If you'll remember in my "decisions the Bengals must make the next few months" post, the possibility of trading Dunlap was mentioned.  If we could get a 2 for him you'd have to think seriously about it.

Agree.  I like Dunlop.  He's an all time Bengals DE, but I'm not so sure he's not damaged from all the losing of the past.  The "Employee96" bit and all....I'm not so sure that a change in scenery would do he and the Bengals some good.

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Just saw that the Ravens deal with Brockers fell through just like the Dennard deal. What's going on this FA? I hope all of the Bengals signings go through.

Are these guys failing physicals?  I certainly can see that happening to Dennard.  He seems to be injured all the time.

6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Are these guys failing physicals?  I certainly can see that happening to Dennard.  He seems to be injured all the time.

They said Dennard's was in the language. Brockers was injury related, but he already got re-signed with the Rams.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I'm now beginning to wonder if that's why the Bengals didn't re-sign him in the first place.

Waiting to see if the Jaguars back out on Eifert, too, for the same reason.

11 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I'm now beginning to wonder if that's why the Bengals didn't re-sign him in the first place.

Waiting to see if the Jaguars back out on Eifert, too, for the same reason.

I believe theyve decidrd to tank for Trevor Lawrence..

On 3/27/2020 at 6:23 AM, Jason said:

I know that's realistic so don't take this as an argument otherwise, but..   How the hell is Dunlap only worth a 2nd round pick?  It's amazing to me how NFL GM's covet magic beans over proven, reliable players.  How is a highly productive, healthy DE not worth more than a completely unproven, hasnt-done-shit-yet draft pick?  IDK how many career sacks Dunlap has offhand but I know the sack numbers of every single DE prospect in the 2020 draft:  zero.   

So yeah..  Let's trade Dunlap for a 2nd round pick, then draft a DE with it and hope he turns into Carlos Dunlap!  Brilliant!!

:huh:

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I know that's realistic so don't take this as an argument otherwise, but..   How the hell is Dunlap only worth a 2nd round pick?  It's amazing to me how NFL GM's covet magic beans over proven, reliable players.  How is a highly productive, healthy DE not worth more than a completely unproven, hasnt-done-shit-yet draft pick?  IDK how many career sacks Dunlap has offhand but I know the sack numbers of every single DE prospect in the 2020 draft:  zero.   

So yeah..  Let's trade Dunlap for a 2nd round pick, then draft a DE with it and hope he turns into Carlos Dunlap!  Brilliant!!

:huh:

For one thing he's over 30, and for another, he WAS a second round pick.  If we move to a 3-4 base he may be the most expendable.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

For one thing he's over 30, and for another, he WAS a second round pick.  If we move to a 3-4 base he may be the most expendable.

Not sure why it matters where he was drafted.  Right now he's one of the better DE's playing.  He's 31, hasn't missed many games & I see no reason he can't keep playing at a high level for another 4-5 years.  

Switching to a scheme that makes one of our best defensive players expendable in favor of..  what exactly? That speaks for itself.  

M22uvUi.jpg

Not only do I think the lions and bengals staffs have a leg up during the draft and evaluation process due to having been the senior bowl coaching staffs under the Covid social distancing regime, but I also think the bengals and lions will be uniquely positioned to do VERY well in the UDFA scrum as they will immediately be familiar with some of the undrafted players they saw at the senior bowl but those players and their agents may want to be with coaches that have already spent time with them...

51 minutes ago, membengal said:

Not only do I think the lions and bengals staffs have a leg up during the draft and evaluation process due to having been the senior bowl coaching staffs under the Covid social distancing regime, but I also think the bengals and lions will be uniquely positioned to do VERY well in the UDFA scrum as they will immediately be familiar with some of the undrafted players they saw at the senior bowl but those players and their agents may want to be with coaches that have already spent time with them...

Damn good point...

Archived