Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I read that USA Today article yesterday and it fits the pattern we've seen all along.  The national media is pushing this narrative.  They want Burrow to pull a power move so they have a bigger story to write about.  They want someone to challenge the NFL order and stick it to one of the worst owners in professional sports.  It is 100% their agenda and they don't care how it affects Burrow or his reputation. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I read that USA Today article yesterday and it fits the pattern we've seen all along.  The national media is pushing this narrative.  They want Burrow to pull a power move so they have a bigger story to write about.  They want someone to challenge the NFL order and stick it to one of the worst owners in professional sports.  It is 100% their agenda and they don't care how it affects Burrow or his reputation. 

The reality is everyone in the national media has a favorite team not named the Bengals. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SF2 said:

The reality is everyone in the national media has a favorite team not named the Bengals. 

Or, if you're Dan Patrick you could be one of those former Bengals fans so disgusted with the Brown family that you make every effort to stick it to them.  Chris Collinsworth is the president of that club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, membengal said:

Turns out Jordan Palmer has been great for this process - this is a good listen :

 

 

 

Thanks, came here to post this.  An excellent statement by Jordan.  Regardless of it being about Joe it gives me a new respect for the guy, he said exactly what any rational person should say in that situation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McShay saying he'd take Tua over Joe if they both would be "guaranteed healthy for the next 10 years".  I'd respect his opinion more if he put up a trait of Tua's that puts him over the top that... isn't precisely the thing that Joe did better than anyone ever in history this past season (command the offense):

 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/clip?id=28792841

 

With that said, time will tell.  I do expect Tua to be a good NFL QB, and I'm sure McShay thinks with the health question that you can't take him #1 anyway.  Just more chum for the media to throw out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

McShay saying he'd take Tua over Joe if they both would be "guaranteed healthy for the next 10 years".  I'd respect his opinion more if he put up a trait of Tua's that puts him over the top that... isn't precisely the thing that Joe did better than anyone ever in history this past season (command the offense):

 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/clip?id=28792841

 

With that said, time will tell.  I do expect Tua to be a good NFL QB, and I'm sure McShay thinks with the health question that you can't take him #1 anyway.  Just more chum for the media to throw out there.

If it weren't for health Greg Cook could have been a hall of fame QB. 

 

You aren't any good if you aren't in the lineup for whatever reason.  See John Ross.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, membengal said:

Turns out Jordan Palmer has been great for this process - this is a good listen :

 

 

 

Impressive.  Sometimes guys who didn't have what it takes, or didn't do what it takes can make the best coaches because they know what needs to be done, even if they couldn't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Carson and I are totally different...he has nothing to do w my QB training." Says Burrow feels "he can win anywhere."

 

I'm having a difficult time believing the full interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

"Carson and I are totally different...he has nothing to do w my QB training." Says Burrow feels "he can win anywhere."

 

I'm having a difficult time believing the full interview.

I believe it.  Can you imagine Carson Palmer's arrogant ass actually working with college QBs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

I believe it.  Can you imagine Carson Palmer's arrogant ass actually working with college QBs? 

I've watched the interview 3 times.  Same feeling each time.  Especially when asked directly about Carson.  I think you are right that Carson probably doesn't work with college QBs.  However, there's a feeling that Jordan has had a Carson-like conversation with Joe although he states, "Carson and I are totally different..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

I've watched the interview 3 times.  Same feeling each time.  Especially when asked directly about Carson.  I think you are right that Carson probably doesn't work with college QBs.  However, there's a feeling that Jordan has had a Carson-like conversation with Joe although he states, "Carson and I are totally different..."

I get the odd vibe.  I took it more as a "I don't want to talk about Carson" thing.  Kind of a Jan Brady moment. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Numbers said:

I've watched the interview 3 times.  Same feeling each time.  Especially when asked directly about Carson.  I think you are right that Carson probably doesn't work with college QBs.  However, there's a feeling that Jordan has had a Carson-like conversation with Joe although he states, "Carson and I are totally different..."

Didn’t get that feeling in the least.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Didn’t get that feeling in the least.

Me neither. Mostly Jordan stressing that he and his brother are very different people when that came up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw an interview with LSU safety Grant Gilpit.  They asked him about having Burrow as a teammate.  Talked about being around him and how tough he was to practice against every day.  The then said the one thing about all others  about Jeaux was, "he brought us a swagger that we hadn't had in some time."  Kinda caught my attention because I've always thought LSU was one of the swaggiest programs around (maybe more swag than production some seasons).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...