The Rest of Our Draft Picks

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Here are some Bleacher Report-approved standouts from the PB Cup Bowl.  tl'dr  WR & OL looked deep, couple standouts at CB & DT.   Big drop-off for QB's in case Miami wants to give us their draft and a new alligator.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2817773-2019-senior-bowl-matt-millers-biggest-nfl-draft-winners-and-losers#slide5

There's also a list of injuries if you want to see who we're really drafting :ninja: :badger:

That linked to a 2019 article. But I hope we don’t take Daniel Jones...

Stenberg has great size & motor as well as a wicked nasty streak and is good at his job.  At times though, his aggressiveness can have a bit of a downside in jumping early and the occasional personal foul/unsportsmanlike conduct.   Fearless, he'll be the first in the face of any defender that takes a cheapshot at a teammate (especially his QB).  A definite enforcer-type.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, bfine said:

As to this year's roster. Turner liked him some Richie Ingonito; and that guy is there in the form of Logan Stengerg. Also keep your eye on DB Kyle Duggar. 

Stenberg and Duggar did not disappoint. You saw a huge difference when the South pulled Stenberg out of the game. It was so bad they had to put him back in. 

9 minutes ago, bfine said:

Stenberg and Duggar did not disappoint. You saw a huge difference when the South pulled Stenberg out of the game. It was so bad they had to put him back in. 

You're right there. I was actually starting to feel bad for Jalen Hurts for a sec. 

10 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

One of the signings that Dufus Tobin refers to in his blabber about free agency - has to be the right guys at the right price..ugg

I always thought getting guys who could actually play professional football was important as well.  The first clue is always when your draft team shows no interest in bringing you back after 4 years.  Those are called Red Flags.

I wouldn't mine a KJ Hill. My issue with him, is if he is not involved early in the came, he seems to shut down. Other than that I want at least one good o-line , a LB that can actually play LB, and a DB/SS that will hit people and make the opposing O afraid. I want this generations version of David Fulcher.

My guess on the rest of the draft - they will focus early on the OL and at WR; I think they realize the OL is the hardest position right now to fill via FA. It would not surprise me if they went OL in 2 and 3 and if they trade down from the first pick in the 2nd round then they go with a WR and 2 OL. Just thinking they know they can draft d later and next year, focus on getting Burrow more tools and keeping him upright. 

If we cut Dre and franchise Green and trade/cut AD and trade Glenn we could look at getting a LB or two plus a DB in FA - I know, I know, this is already a tall order for the inbreds. 

Tags haven't been announced but this should be a decent year for O-linemen in free agency. At least for players who are better than the Bengals current starters. It's a good tackle class in the draft too. The draft is thin at LB but free agency is also deep. 

Assuming they tag Green, they can negotiate an extension with lower cap number than the tag amount. An extension for WJ3 is also in order and should have a lower number than his 5th year tender. Mixon deserves an extension and might get 8-9 mil per year. The team starts about 50 mil under the cap and the draft class will cost about 12 mil. They can easily clear another 40 mil by trading or cutting some guys like Dalton, Glenn, Hart, Kirkpatrick, etc. 

The team doesn't have any must-sign free agents. We're likely to re-sign Dennard and Billings, maybe Eifert. Beyond that we should hope for 2 free agent LBs and 1 O-lineman. Maybe a CB too.

Bengals have plenty of cap space to accomplish this but I have considerable doubts they will manage to get it done. At a minimum, they need to upgrade the O-line before the draft and that might be within their competence. But these are the people who watched Bobby Hart try to play in 2018 and decided he needed a large raise.

There will be. The LB tag numbers are getting ridiculous as they are set by 3-4 edge rushers. Bears have 3 LBs heading to free agency who are better than anyone we have. Danny Trevathan is getting older but Kevin Pierre-Louis or Nick Kwiatkowski aren't. Browns don't seem to want Joe Schobert back. Rams want Corey Littleton back but are cap strapped. Etc. 

Archived