What would YOU do with AJ Green?

AJ Green Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Read the post. What would you do?

• Long term extension
    • Tag and keeo
    • Tag and trade

10 hours ago, Cricket said:

If they haven’t changed the rules (and if I remember correctly), once he signs the tender, that money is guaranteed and he and the team can not negotiate a new contract until after the season.

A team and tagged player have until July 15 to agree on a multi-year deal. After that, they have to wait until after the season.

7 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Well you would know how healthy he was by then

Ideally yes. He'll have to pass a physical after signing his franchise tender. If he doesn't sign the tender, he has no obligation to the team. If he does sign the tender while demanding a multi-year deal, he might skip mini camps so the team might not get a chance to see if he's back to form or not. 

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Ideally yes. He'll have to pass a physical after signing his franchise tender. If he doesn't sign the tender, he has no obligation to the team. If he does sign the tender while demanding a multi-year deal, he might skip mini camps so the team might not get a chance to see if he's back to form or not. 

I thought I read that once a player signs the tender, he must go to all team practices/mini-camps...which is why many hold off for some time before signing.

I'm shopping him in a mock offseason for a tag and trade. Asking for a low first, early 2nd in value. Only team to inquire so far is Ravens. I guess Harbaugh's thinking is if you can't cover him, sign him. If we don't trade him, I'll give him an extension but apart from signing bonus, each season will be for veteran minimum plus incentives plus per game roster bonuses. If he stays healthy and productive he could earn 102 mil over 6 years but it will likely be a 2 or 3 year deal. 

6 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I haven't really read through this thread, but I heard on the radio the other day that the patriots were interested in Andy and AJ.. 

2nd and 3rd/4th would be fine with me...

are the Pats really moving on from the goat? 

spacer.png

11 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I haven't really read through this thread, but I heard on the radio the other day that the patriots were interested in Andy and AJ.. 

2nd and 3rd/4th would be fine with me...

are the Pats really moving on from the goat? 

There's been a lot of speculation in Boston and Kraft and Brady want him back but Belichick doesn't. 

IMO, they were a good TE and WR away from another Super bowl. 

14 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'm shopping him in a mock offseason for a tag and trade. Asking for a low first, early 2nd in value. Only team to inquire so far is Ravens. I guess Harbaugh's thinking is if you can't cover him, sign him. If we don't trade him, I'll give him an extension but apart from signing bonus, each season will be for veteran minimum plus incentives plus per game roster bonuses. If he stays healthy and productive he could earn 102 mil over 6 years but it will likely be a 2 or 3 year deal. 

I wouldn’t trade A.J. to the Ravens or any AFCN team for anything less than 3 first round picks. 5 for pit. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I wouldn’t trade A.J. to the Ravens or any AFCN team for anything less than 3 first round picks. 5 for pit. 

I was going to offer him for the Ravens 2nd plus Justin Tucker plus Patrick Ricard. ZT doesn't use a fullback in his offense but I fired the coaches in my mock. 

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Down the road maybe. Ceedee Lamb and Jerry Juedy are really the only two guys in the draft that are at or close to that level right out of college, IMO.

I wad thinking Mims in round three..pribably too high but think he ll be gone in 4th..

Hell he might be gone earlier..

Read a report on him...

Crazy but he reminds me of Jordy Nelson

who i wanted as a Bengal when he came out..

I think the fact that this is a very talented WR class makes our decision on AJ much easier. As I've mentioned the Transition Tag makes the most since, but before we applied it I'd communicate to him we're willing to sign a 1-year incentives laden deal to give him a chance to re-prove himself. Out side of that he can walk hobble out the door. 

19 minutes ago, bfine said:

I think the fact that this is a very talented WR class makes our decision on AJ much easier. As I've mentioned the Transition Tag makes the most since, but before we applied it I'd communicate to him we're willing to sign a 1-year incentives laden deal to give him a chance to re-prove himself. Out side of that he can walk hobble out the door. 

Agree....incentive only..im not trusting his health at all..fragile now..

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Drafting a WR at 2-1 with quality LB & OL still on the board sounds like the Bengals thing to do

edit:  then we draft another in the 6th round, who outplays the 2nd rounder, has a great preseason, then gets cut in favor of Ross.

So much this.

Like I said, Mike never met a wide receiver he didn't love.

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Drafting a WR at 2-1 with quality LB & OL still on the board sounds like the Bengals thing to do

edit:  then we draft another in the 6th round, who outplays the 2nd rounder, has a great preseason, then gets cut in favor of Ross.

Plausible. Also may draft two 6-4 highly athletic WRs that can’t catch nor run a route. 

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

There might be an OL worth the pick. It’s much less likely a LB worth 33 will be available. There are only 3 as of now, one of which will go in the top 10. The other 2 have been gone by 28 in all of the “expert” mocks I’ve seen. 

Archived