What would YOU do with AJ Green?

AJ Green Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Read the post. What would you do?

• Long term extension
    • Tag and keeo
    • Tag and trade

Yeah I doubt there’s a LB there worth taking at 33. My guess is it’ll likely be a corner but a WR is definitely a possibility just based on the ridiculous amount of talent at that position this year. If they can actually fill a few needs via FA, there’s nothing at all wrong with getting another playmaker or two to go along with Burrow. 

9 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Yeah I doubt there’s a LB there worth taking at 33. My guess is it’ll likely be a corner but a WR is definitely a possibility just based on the ridiculous amount of talent at that position this year. If they can actually fill a few needs via FA, there’s nothing at all wrong with getting another playmaker or two to go along with Burrow. 

They could also have a clone vat underneath the stadium cooking up a HoF MLB.  That seems about as likely. 

They're going to wait for the market to settle and pick up another Preston Brown or AJ Hawk at a discount, maybe a Dhani Jones type if we're really lucky.  The odds of them signing a difference maker in free agency are slim to none. 

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

The odds of them picking up a impact LB at 33 are pretty much slim to none as well. 

The Rams are in cap hell and Dante Fowler is an FA.   You can stop laughing now.  There are some good LBs who are currently FAs but the easiest thing to do it to re-sign Vigil of course. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The Rams are in cap hell and Dante Fowler is an FA.   You can stop laughing now.  There are some good LBs who are currently FAs but the easiest thing to do it to re-sign Vigil of course. 

In before Hobson's fluff piece telling us how many good boy points Vigil has earned this offseason.   Our guys may not be able to block or run or catch or tackle, but they can sure plant a tree with the best of them.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

In before Hobson's fluff piece telling us how many good boy points Vigil has earned this offseason.   Our guys may not be able to block or run or catch or tackle, but they can sure plant a tree with the best of them.

Trees clean the air of carbon dioxide.  Why do you hate the Earth?  

59 minutes ago, spicoli said:

No one can say that given we cant see the Bengal wizards draft board - last draft there was no good TE available in round 2 and look what happened. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Is Malik Harrison gonna be an impact LB? I think they could get him with a tradeback in round 2 or even at the top of round 3 - at least as of now based on current pre-combine Big Boards and the mocks I am doing. 

I do like Harrison a whole lot. He’d definitely be a nice target in a trade back scenario but 33 seems a little rich, IMO. 

25 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I’d rather have Littleton because of his coverage skills. 

No doubt he would be fine too.   Hell,  there are 20 other players I would rather have than what we currently got ( minus Pratt).

Just now, spicoli said:

I meant over Fowler

Oh I know.  Either would be way better than what we have minus Pratt.  And the cold hard truth is we really don't know how good Pratt is.  He could be a long term guy or the prettiest girl in the leper colony.

I wonder if Mike Brown feels any pressure to buy some good free agents this year? Burrow would be justified in pulling an Elway if we simply overpay dreck or try to frontload contracts for mediocrities to hide our 80-90 mil in easily available cap space. 

Reasonable expectations: we move on from Dalton (with or without a trade), we tag AJ, we re-sign Eifert, Fedejelem, and maybe Dennard and Billings. We add another CB and DT if we lose Dennard and Billings. We sign 2 above average veterans at LB and 2 more on the O-line.

If we did all that, we could go into the draft free to take the best players and with Burrow set up for success from the get go.

Raise your hand if you think the Bengals will manage to do that. My hand is down.

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I wonder if Mike Brown feels any pressure to buy some good free agents this year? Burrow would be justified in pulling an Elway if we simply overpay dreck or try to frontload contracts for mediocrities to hide our 80-90 mil in easily available cap space. 

Reasonable expectations: we move on from Dalton (with or without a trade), we tag AJ, we re-sign Eifert, Fedejelem, and maybe Dennard and Billings. We add another CB and DT if we lose Dennard and Billings. We sign 2 above average veterans at LB and 2 more on the O-line.

If we did all that, we could go into the draft free to take the best players and with Burrow set up for success from the get go.

Raise your hand if you think the Bengals will manage to do that. My hand is down.

The Tree Sloth feeling pressure...funny guy

On 2/13/2020 at 8:54 AM, T-Dub said:

They could also have a clone vat underneath the stadium cooking up a HoF MLB.  That seems about as likely. 

They're going to wait for the market to settle and pick up another Preston Brown or AJ Hawk at a discount, maybe a Dhani Jones type if we're really lucky.  The odds of them signing a difference maker in free agency are slim to none. 

There are about 7 or 8 WR's I wouldn't hate at 33, but agree they must score in FA to  justify it.  I know Mikey doesn't like spending big in FA and doesn't like jeopardizing precious comp picks, but wonder if he might take a page out of Castellini's book with the Reds and go stronger than normal with a coupla three of decent signings to throw a bone to the base?  Not talking about the 1st day of FA cream of the top tier, but there are both OL's and LB's a step down (and a step above Hart, Jerry, Miller, Brown, etc.)

Archived