Bengal bum Alex "Linus" Van Pelt moving to the Clowns

4 hours ago, bfine said:

It was a very lazy hire. 

Its what they do.  "Here is a new job title and name tag for you Sonny."  "Thanks Mr. Brown.  Does it come with a pay raise."  "Sure, you get Alex's parking spot.  Its 2 closer to the door!" 

22 hours ago, saphead said:

Maybe Carson the dullard wants to move back here to be QB coach. Then he can be see his other ahem....child every once in awhile. 

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/31/nfl-draft-2020-joe-burrow-picks-jordan-palmer-pre-draft-training/

Ironically, Joe the Savior is working with Carson's brother, Jordan as a quarterback trainer for his pre draft showings.

Per the article, actually looks like kind of a good deal.

Maybe the Bengals would consider bringing him in to replace the guy who replaced Van Pelt and be the next man up

when (if) that guy is pirated.  Interesting pipe dream fodder.

Plus Jordan could visit his little niece/nephew once in awhile.

If they are still around.  Which I doubt. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/31/nfl-draft-2020-joe-burrow-picks-jordan-palmer-pre-draft-training/

Ironically, Joe the Savior is working with Carson's brother, Jordan as a quarterback trainer for his pre draft showings.

Per the article, actually looks like kind of a good deal.

Maybe the Bengals would consider bringing him in to replace the guy who replaced Van Pelt and be the next man up

when (if) that guy is pirated.  Interesting pipe dream fodder.

Plus Jordan could visit his little niece/nephew once in awhile.

If they are still around.  Which I doubt. 

:lmao:

What I don't understand is why, of all the QB's and coaches out there, this guy is working with Jordan Palmer.  Did his clipboard-holding game need work or what?  Was there literally no one else available? Maybe Jordan is paying Burrow just to get his name out there.  It really doesn't make much sense.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

:lmao:

What I don't understand is why, of all the QB's and coaches out there, this guy is working with Jordan Palmer.  Did his clipboard-holding game need work or what?  Was there literally no one else available? Maybe Jordan is paying Burrow just to get his name out there.  It really doesn't make much sense.

I'm sure Jordan lobbied for it, but from the Burrows' perspective maybe getting a guy who played in Cinci was appealing just to get some perspective.  I realize everyone assumes the Palmer family will have nothing positive to say about the team, but it sure as hell better not be Jordan, because NOBODY benefited more from Mike Brown's nepotistic and mom-and-pop style than Jordan "Carson's brother" Palmer.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Did Carson actually have a child out of wedlock in Cincinnati? Or is it just a gag?

There were rumors to that effect when he left.  Forcing a trade after signing a $100 million contract for reasons reported as "100% wife-driven" certainly makes you wonder.  The official line was that she was scared after some raccoons fans threw trash on their yard, which I find absurd.

Still, let's say for the sake of argument it was about the trash.  Why then has he changed the story to it being about the organization's "desire to win" or whatever?  We're supposed to believe he was happy signing an extension, but then forced a trade because his wife said so.. because she didn't think the Bengals had a winning attitude? Again, ridiculous.

I can only think of a few reasons why someone's wife would react this way, with a freshly-inked 100 million dollar contract on the line..  and some trash in the yard ain't one of them.

3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I'm sure Jordan lobbied for it, but from the Burrows' perspective maybe getting a guy who played in Cinci was appealing just to get some perspective.  I realize everyone assumes the Palmer family will have nothing positive to say about the team, but it sure as hell better not be Jordan, because NOBODY benefited more from Mike Brown's nepotistic and mom-and-pop style than Jordan "Carson's brother" Palmer.

Spot on. I was thinking this when I got to your post. 

Jordan outta tell Joe how kindly the Brown family is, while not being football operational savants.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

There were rumors to that effect when he left.  Forcing a trade after signing a $100 million contract for reasons reported as "100% wife-driven" certainly makes you wonder.  The official line was that she was scared after some raccoons fans threw trash on their yard, which I find absurd.

Still, let's say for the sake of argument it was about the trash.  Why then has he changed the story to it being about the organization's "desire to win" or whatever?  We're supposed to believe he was happy signing an extension, but then forced a trade because his wife said so.. because she didn't think the Bengals had a winning attitude? Again, ridiculous.

I can only think of a few reasons why someone's wife would react this way, with a freshly-inked 100 million dollar contract on the line..  and some trash in the yard ain't one of them.

Perhaps. But, there are some real chickenshits in the world.

I completely forgot about the Bengals being stupid enough to bring Laura Palmer's sister here as backup QB.   In fact Laura could use that as proof that the Bengals aren't serious about winning

"I told them to sign my sister to make me happy as a joke, and then they did it"

13 hours ago, tibor75 said:

I completely forgot about the Bengals being stupid enough to bring Laura Palmer's sister here as backup QB.   In fact Laura could use that as proof that the Bengals aren't serious about winning

"I told them to sign my sister to make me happy as a joke, and then they did it"

While amused by the TP reference, I have to say it's unfair to Laura.  We never saw this kind of fire :ninja: out of Carson

maxresdefault.jpg

A recent article on bengals.com says that Housh will be one of the receivers to help Joe and Jordan during this preparation period.  Whoever interviewed him asked directly about some Bengal fans' worries that Jordan will bad-mouth the Bengals based on what Carson said.  Interestingly, thankfully and I'd say not surprisingly, he says he and Jordan talked about it specifically and agreed there will be no negativity from them.

Here's the quote, which sounds a lot like what we were discussing in various threads:

"Teams are bad because their players aren't good enough. If they get that player that's good enough, guess what happens? Your team isn't so bad anymore. I'm sure that's what they're thinking. I'm sure that's what Joe thinks. Negative? Not at all."

And for any of those people that would prefer to discuss all options and not just "Joe or bust", Housh also said that if, for example, the Dolphins offer all 3 of their firsts for the #1, you really have to consider it because it could change the team dramatically.  I can certainly agree with that.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Had a couple of good coaches, though.  Puzzling.

I passed by ol' Stingaree Stadium last Friday. 😆

Of course, you HAVE to listen to trade offers. The issue is regarding if the Bengals staff can use those extra picks wisely and not on garbage like PJ Dawson and Dontay Moch, for example. 

3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

A recent article on bengals.com says that Housh will be one of the receivers to help Joe and Jordan during this preparation period.  Whoever interviewed him asked directly about some Bengal fans' worries that Jordan will bad-mouth the Bengals based on what Carson said.  Interestingly, thankfully and I'd say not surprisingly, he says he and Jordan talked about it specifically and agreed there will be no negativity from them.

Here's the quote, which sounds a lot like what we were discussing in various threads:

And for any of those people that would prefer to discuss all options and not just "Joe or bust", Housh also said that if, for example, the Dolphins offer all 3 of their firsts for the #1, you really have to consider it because it could change the team dramatically.  I can certainly agree with that.

I wonder if every time Housh drops or misses a ball if he will throw a temper tantrum complaining that he was interfered with even through there is no one else on the field?

But, hey, maybe Housh can do for Bengals Burrow the same thing he did for his quarterback when he was on the team, Akili Smith.

Archived