1. 1. Do you hate the 49ers?

• I’m old enough to remember the SB losses and yes
    • I used to but now neutral
    • I used to but now like them
    • I never hated them
    • I’m not old enough but I hate them for it anyway
    • I’m not old enough and don’t hate them
  2. 2. Who are you rooting for Sunday

In retrospect I have a hard time hating those 49er teams.  They were legit.  Those two Super Bowls were some of the only decent ones of the 80s.  Most were blowouts.  It sucked that the Bengals came up short, but wasn't like they got jobbed or blew it to an inferior team.  And yes, those playoff wins mattered.

10 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

In retrospect I have a hard time hating those 49er teams.  They were legit.  Those two Super Bowls were some of the only decent ones of the 80s.  Most were blowouts.  It sucked that the Bengals came up short, but wasn't like they got jobbed or blew it to an inferior team.  And yes, those playoff wins mattered.

I had the exact opposite feeling. I thought I could root for the Niners to get one step closer to the Stealers, but when i saw those Red and Gold uniforms and all those Montana-Rice celebrations I said "Kick their Ass KC!"

33 minutes ago, bfine said:

I had the exact opposite feeling. I thought I could root for the Niners to get one step closer to the Stealers, but when i saw those Red and Gold uniforms and all those Montana-Rice celebrations I said "Kick their Ass KC!"

I don't care one way or the other about the current 49ers.  I was commenting about my feelings about the 80's Niners.  It sucks they beat the Bengals, but they were a great team to watch.  I hold no grudge. 

5 hours ago, bfine said:

Here here!!

On 2/1/2020 at 7:04 PM, tibor75 said:

Unlike the Stillers, the 49ers didn't cheat to win so I can't hate them

Bengals choked in SB 16

They overdosed, dropped an INT, and Boomer sucked ass (people forget this) in SB 23.

I prefer other teams to be as miserable as the Bengals.

KC, NY Jets, and Miami all won super bowls but nothing since I have followed sports (1984) so it doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.

Hope for continued misery for KC, NYJ, Miami, Cleveburg, Detroit, SD, Atlanta

The Niners were notorious for chop blocking, and Ronnie Lott absolutely demolishing airborne receivers with uncatchable footballs sailing ten feet over their heads inspired the league to change some rules.  I hated them back then for that. They were definitely pushing the envelope of "not cheating".

Archived