Ridiculous Dan Patrick BS

So Patrick continues to bring people on his show who are trying to convince Joe Burrow to refuse to play for Cincinnati.  These same assholes were the ones praising the Browns and their front office last year for building the next AFC Championship team.   Sick of these fucking assholes. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Here it is, Patrick is from Mason and no longer considers himself a fan but a Bengals follower.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/02/05/dan-patrick-defends-joe-burrow-remarks-wasnt-blasting-bengals/4674255002/

The biggest lie in sports journalism is that they don't care who wins.  As if they suddenly cease to be human and no longer have biases.  Everyone has biases.  I would trust a journalist more if he or she admitted as much.  They should try to be objective, but know everyone has biases and stop lying about it.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

The biggest lie in sports journalism is that they don't care who wins.  As if they suddenly cease to be human and no longer have biases.  Everyone has biases.  I would trust a journalist more if he or she admitted as much.  They should try to be objective, but know everyone has biases and stop lying about it.

The Bengals have lost a multitude of fans over the last 30 years, Patrick being one should be the least surprising.  He actually gets to mingle with all of the players and owners and can reach a much more informed opinion. Us pathetic die hards are not the norm. 

29 minutes ago, saphead said:

Solomon Wil-cocks is another one that can go suck a big fat bag of goat dicks. Ooooh such hot takes! 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/02/06/solomon-wilcots-joe-burrow-bengals-culture-sucked-life-palmer/4683033002/

Again with the Palmer Pity Party.  This sort of crap is why I hope his alleged baby momma puts him on blast.  Shut that no-heart turnover machine pretender up for good.

"The Bengals gave me a sad!  LOL they suck right guys? Right? I'm still relevant! Right? Guys?!"  - Carson "Aint Done Shit" Palmer

I will say it one more time, the easiest way to fix this is to spend BIG money in FA on the Oline (if a guy is out there) and possibly WR based on Green’s actual status.  

2nd thing is simple:  You must resolve the Cordy Glenn issue before draft day.  Yes, there is an issue. The issue is what the fuck happened last year.  Trade him or he needs to step up to a mike and loudly proclaim he is all in and will play where he is needed. He needs to convince us minions he is all in.  Right tackle?  Left guard?  He is a good player. 

43 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I will say it one more time, the easiest way to fix this is to spend BIG money in FA on the Oline (if a guy is out there) and possibly WR based on Green’s actual status.  

2nd thing is simple:  You must resolve the Cordy Glenn issue before draft day.  Yes, there is an issue. The issue is what the fuck happened last year.  Trade him or he needs to step up to a mike and loudly proclaim he is all in and will play where he is needed. He needs to convince us minions he is all in.  Right tackle?  Left guard?  He is was a good player. 

Trade or cut him.  He's another one that hasn't been healthy in years, coasting along cashing checks.  He's obviously not part of the future and he can't play now so WTF is he doing here? 

I don't begrudge any former Bengals fan or player their attitude towards this team. That said, they need to keep in mind they are really only hurting the fans when they do this shit publicly.  Burrow is going to be fucking compensated and compensated more - no matter what..

We on the other hand get dry tit. 

26 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Trade or cut him.  He's another one that hasn't been healthy in years, coasting along cashing checks.  He's obviously not part of the future and he can't play now so WTF is he doing here? 

He was by far the best lineman on the field the last 6 games.  

55 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He was by far the best lineman on the field the last 6 games.  

Best lineman not named Hopkins, maybe.  That video that somebody posted of the analysis of the line over the season (as piecemeal as it was) reinforced considerably that most of the time Hopkins was the only consistently competent lineman out there.  Glenn had some really bad games in there and he gave up the back-breaking sack more than once (when the rest of the line was actually holding up ok).  And most interesting to me, in the aforementioned video there was one play, a run that looked *really* suspicious wrt Glenn... it was a run to the right behind the guard, and it was Glenn's job (of course) to chip and then get to the second level.  He got there, really quickly in fact, and was in prime position to absolutely crush the linebacker that was there.  For no obvious reason Glenn "stops up" and lets the guy go, and that guy stops Mixon where otherwise it looked like he had a chance to break it.  (I looked it up, Miami game, about 40:48 into the video).  Now I don't think it was a case of Glenn quitting or punking the team or Mixon, it looks to me like a guy who wants no part of the mess that is a mass of bodies during a run play, i.e. he looks scared of another injury.  There are also pass plays that he "allows" himself to get turned inside, away from the mass of bodies again for no reason because the guy is a fuckin' tank.  If there is any pattern to that in more games then you have to cut bait on the guy, because it truly does mean he is in it for the pay cheque.

Hopkins plays a FAR easier position than left tackle.  That is why the Price pick was so utterly stupid.  Even if Price was really good, it simply isn’t a high value pick.  

BTW, I want Glenn the hell out of here, I just want a proven vet in place to take his spot before the draft. You will never convince me he wasn’t sandbagging last year.  Sorry, cynical old fucker here.  I would hope the club has an idea if the guy is a turd or not. 

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Hopkins plays a FAR easier position than left tackle.  That is why the Price pick was so utterly stupid.  Even if Price was really good, it simply isn’t a high value pick.  

BTW, I want Glenn the hell out of here, I just want a proven vet in place to take his spot before the draft. You will never convince me he wasn’t sandbagging last year.  Sorry, cynical old fucker here.  I would hope the club has an idea if the guy is a turd or not. 

Granted in a one-on-one situation LT requires a unique and top-shelf physical skill set, but the center needs an array of talents (especially mental acuity and "vision"/play and read recognition) but even worse is that a poor center makes the *whole line* worse, no matter how talented the rest are (remember how far Ghuiciuc set the line back?).  A shaky LT can in some ways be papered over if the rest of your line is good.  I think the difference here is that a solid-to-good LT is probably easier to find than a good, consistent center - usually they're deficient in one or more of the requisite skill sets.  So far I'd say we're very lucky to have Hopkins, he's a good base to build around.

Fair enough on Glenn specifically, I question his heart so... yeah, hit the road.

4 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Fair enough on Glenn specifically, I question his heart so... yeah, hit the road.

How could you not after last season?  Again there's all the talk about changing the culture but cutting guys like Glenn or Pacman Jr are how you do that.  Feelings are going to get hurt & Good Boy Points will be spent.   

I would add that they could avoid some of the locker room arguments reported between Glenn & Turner by instead hiring mature, professional grown men that the players respect instead of the guy inclined to make dick jokes to your grandmother at Thanksgiving.   They seem to think team culture is made by painting inspirational quotes on the locker room walls or some bullshit.  

17 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Best lineman not named Hopkins, maybe.  That video that somebody posted of the analysis of the line over the season (as piecemeal as it was) reinforced considerably that most of the time Hopkins was the only consistently competent lineman out there.  Glenn had some really bad games in there and he gave up the back-breaking sack more than once (when the rest of the line was actually holding up ok).  And most interesting to me, in the aforementioned video there was one play, a run that looked *really* suspicious wrt Glenn... it was a run to the right behind the guard, and it was Glenn's job (of course) to chip and then get to the second level.  He got there, really quickly in fact, and was in prime position to absolutely crush the linebacker that was there.  For no obvious reason Glenn "stops up" and lets the guy go, and that guy stops Mixon where otherwise it looked like he had a chance to break it.  (I looked it up, Miami game, about 40:48 into the video).  Now I don't think it was a case of Glenn quitting or punking the team or Mixon, it looks to me like a guy who wants no part of the mess that is a mass of bodies during a run play, i.e. he looks scared of another injury.  There are also pass plays that he "allows" himself to get turned inside, away from the mass of bodies again for no reason because the guy is a fuckin' tank.  If there is any pattern to that in more games then you have to cut bait on the guy, because it truly does mean he is in it for the pay cheque.

If you can see that you know the coaches and his teammates saw it.  I have all the compassion in the world for concussion sufferers, but if you can’t play full out, you can’t play. He needs to go. 

On 2/7/2020 at 3:46 PM, BENGALS666 said:

I don't begrudge any former Bengals fan or player their attitude towards this team. That said, they need to keep in mind they are really only hurting the fans when they do this shit publicly.  Burrow is going to be fucking compensated and compensated more - no matter what..

We on the other hand get dry tit. 

like they give two shits about that.

The quitter running his mouth again is just him still trying to make himself look good...  fuck him

It's more than just Dan Patrick. Many of the talking heads are trying to convince Burrow that he will be ruined in Cincinnati. The problem is going to be of he starts to believe it. I'm sure he's listening to these former players and talking heads. What if he pulls an Eli?  I wouldn't want to draft a guy if he doesn't want to be here and isn't going to buy in. It sucks that we are considered such a joke.

My understanding is the Burrow could not pull an Eli even if he wanted to. I believe that the NFL changed the rules so that if that is the case he would have to sit out the year and re-enter the draft next year. I cannot see ANYONE taking a complete year off and expecting the be a high draft pick, Kapernick the exception.

Burrow will be the next QB for Cincinnati or mickeyboy will have a full on riot on his hands at PBS. Even he isn't that stupid, I hope.

5 hours ago, fluhartz said:

like they give two shits about that.

The quitter running his mouth again is just him still trying to make himself look good...  fuck him

100% this.   When he's not bashing Cincinnati for air time nobody cares about Carson Palmer.  He sounds like a salty ex-gf.

Archived