Ridiculous Dan Patrick BS

18 hours ago, SF2 said:

The Bengals will never get any respect until they win.  

If the hate for Redeemer is really that strong, and I can easily believe that it is, winning will make no difference.  It would probably make the other owners hate him even more, if anything.

This team had 5 winning seasons in a row & it didn't move the needle.  Since then they act like 2015 is the highwater mark & keep bringing back that same roster, trying to recapture what was really the most disappointing Bengals season in recent memory.

Can't "change the culture" when they keep trying to unscramble that old egg.

Despite Joe Burrow saying:

"The only thing I've said is I didn't want to be presumptuous about the pick," Burrow said. "So, that's why I've been noncommittal, because I don't know what's going to happen. They might not pick me. They might fall in love with someone else. You guys kind of took that narrative and ran with it. There has never been anything like that from my end."

Charean Williams writing for PFT:

Burrow downplayed the “leverage” comment Tuesday. He said he was referring to the Combine process, even though the LSU quarterback never mentioned the Combine process in his original quote in Fort Worth.

“I haven’t really thought about it like that,” Burrow said Tuesday of his leverage. “I was kind of talking more about the Combine process. Just so everyone knows, I’m not going to throw. I’m not going to workout. That’s kind of what I was talking about. But yeah, I’m going to just try to be the best player I can be for whoever drafts me and try to fit in in any way that I can.”

It is a good cover, if anyone believes it.

It appears to me, that Charean Williams is the one pushing a false narrative regarding Burrow and the Bengals.  She's specifically picking and choosing parts of what Burrow and others have said as well as injecting her own opinion of what was said to push the BS.  I don't know what her angle is or why she has an axe to grind with the Bengals, but she's actually looking worse than Florio in that regard.

Dan Patrick is still pushing it too, but it's more a means of filling time on his show.

34 minutes ago, BBR said:

It appears to me, that Charean Williams is the one pushing a false narrative regarding Burrow and the Bengals.  She's specifically picking and choosing parts of what Burrow and others have said as well as injecting her own opinion of what was said to push the BS.  I don't know what her angle is or why she has an axe to grind with the Bengals, but she's actually looking worse than Florio in that regard.

Dan Patrick is still pushing it too, but it's more a means of filling time on his show.

Charean only heard the words in bold.  Joe Burrow DID say this:

I haven’t really thought about it like that,” Burrow said Tuesday of his leverage. “I was kind of talking more about the Combine process. Just so everyone knows, I’m not going to throw. I’m not going to workout. That’s kind of what I was talking about. But yeah, I’m going to just try to be the best player I can be for whoever drafts me and try to fit in in any way that I can.”

So there it is...

:sleep:

Brady Quinn at least gets this. He stated: "From first hand experience, I can say Joe is saying exactly what he should. He can't paint himself in a corner in case there's a trade." 

He further said he feels 100% that the Bengals will go Burrow and Burrow will suit up.

Like Burrow, Brady's an Ohio kid. I hope that's about all they have in common

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That is because the joke moved from a dismal team to a playoff clown show culminating with the absolute disaster at the end of the 2015 game. 

Amazing that people somehow knew this back in 2011.  They really should have told someone!

48 minutes ago, bfine said:

Burrow was interviewed by Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller. There's absolutely no way anyone can spin Joe won't play for the Bengals if drafted, He flat out said he would. Time for folks to make up something else. 

They have, his hands are too small!

Sadly, reporting isn't about "reporting" anymore.  It's about clicks, hits, viewers, listeners and whatever it takes to get attention, even if it means stirring up a fabricated shit storm to get people upset or amused enough to pay attention. It's not surprising that little-known "reporters" like these have to resort to such, but it's pathetic that the likes of Dan Patrick have to, as well.  It's the nature of today's media beast.

People can get the facts from an app on the little box they carry around in their pocket.  They don't have to sit down to watch Dan Patrick on the 6:00pm SportsCenter to find out what's going on.  In the fight for relevance, the people who hope to make their living in the media business often resort to drama, controversy, or click bait. That's all this is about. Dan Patrick either shamelessly does what he's been doing, or he gets ignored and loses what little relevance he still has a member of the media.

The bastards spewing the Burrow nonsense are nothing more than pro wrestlers thumping their chests in the middle of the ring, trying to incite as much of the crowd as they can. Florio was a prime example of that today. That he was able to say what he said in that interview with Channel 9 (?) and hold a straight face was impressive. I'll give him that.

19 hours ago, BBR said:

I don’t really do the Tweeter thing, but this lady is about to get some good old fashioned trolling from moi.

7 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Sadly, reporting isn't about "reporting" anymore.  It's about clicks, hits, viewers, listeners and whatever it takes to get attention, even if it means stirring up a fabricated shit storm to get people upset or amused enough to pay attention. It's not surprising that little-known "reporters" like these have to resort to such, but it's pathetic that the likes of Dan Patrick have to, as well.  It's the nature of today's media beast.

People can get the facts from an app on the little box they carry around in their pocket.  They don't have to sit down to watch Dan Patrick on the 6:00pm SportsCenter to find out what's going on.  In the fight for relevance, the people who hope to make their living in the media business often resort to drama, controversy, or click bait. That's all this is about. Dan Patrick either shamelessly does what he's been doing, or he gets ignored and loses what little relevance he still has a member of the media.

The bastards spewing the Burrow nonsense are nothing more than pro wrestlers thumping their chests in the middle of the ring, trying to incite as much of the crowd as they can. Florio was a prime example of that today. That he was able to say what he said in that interview with Channel 9 (?) and hold a straight face was impressive. I'll give him that.

Once Stephen A Smith got the huge contract for being a loud mouthed asshole the die was cast. 

53 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I don’t really do the Tweeter thing, but this lady is about to get some good old fashioned trolling from moi.

In her defense, she is obviously just following the script she was given. And she's awarded extra credit for any additional shots she can take at the sports media's favorite punching bag.

7 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Great points. I've gotten reall annoyed with their bullshit of presebting speculation as an actual story, thus creating news. Which is what happened here and happens all the time. Like the first time that Marvin was supposedly getting fired. A bunch of them thought that he should be done and started reporting that he was and had spin-off articles about who the bengals should hire for more articles spun off of speculation.

And watch for articles now saying "Is Brady going to Colts?" and articles about whatbthe Colts should do to build around Brady. Instead of just waiting on real news to actually occur. That's what we got when all of the 24/7 sports networks were created and there's not 24/7 worth of sports news to go around.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived