Building the Oline.....

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Cant argue that...

Just saw where Bulaga wants 12mil a year..

Thats a huge some for a RT unless hes elite and not injured as much...

When you have a QB/LT on a rookie contract you have the budget for such things.  This will be a luxury that will pay dividends in the quick reconstruction of this roster.

Not sure if this is part of the changes happening but it's a good start.

"Cincinnati released left tackle Cordy Glenn on Friday. Glenn carried a cap hit of $9.5 million into 2020. But with his release, the Bengals will be completely off the hook and shed $9.5 million in cap space."

6 minutes ago, Numbers said:

"Cincinnati released left tackle Cordy Glenn on Friday. Glenn carried a cap hit of $9.5 million into 2020. But with his release, the Bengals will be completely off the hook and shed $9.5 million in cap space."

Be interesting to see what his agent will command on the open market..

34 minutes ago, Numbers said:

As I said earlier: Releasing Glenn doesn't make our oline better, but he had 0 dead money. Now if we take this and put it toward someone like Andrus Peatthen we're getting somewhere

13 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Linebackers

Vigil...54

Pratt..51

Nfl sees rooks at a 60 as good start to career..

Dbacks..

Jackson....54

Kirkpatrick.61

Bates.........60

Williams.....54

Phillips....81

Those 4 ints in limited snaps elavated him tremendously....

My hope is WJIII played through injury last year. He was so promising year 2.

9 minutes ago, bfine said:

My hope is WJIII played through injury last year. He was so promising year 2.

Your right..

2017......90...wow

2018.......72...still good but dropoff

2019........54....wats going on?

His injury is a huge consideration ...

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Your right..

2017......90...wow

2018.......72...still good but dropoff

2019........54....wats going on?

His injury is a huge consideration ...

Wasn’t it said that his drop off has been due to a change in scheme (We’re not using him right.)?

33 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Wasn’t it said that his drop off has been due to a change in scheme (We’re not using him right.)?

Honestly we were so god damn awful in all phases IDK how an outside observer could make any clear individual judgement about anyone.  These are PFF numbers right?  It's easy when you just make shit up.

3 hours ago, bfine said:

As I said earlier: Releasing Glenn doesn't make our oline better, but he had 0 dead money. Now if we take this and put it toward someone like Andrus Peatthen we're getting somewhere

Peat has been a huge liabilty the last two years...

Ill pass....

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

We can afford Conklin. If we trade for Gabe Jackson or draft a RG, the right side of the O-line must be upgraded.

Conklin comes with a Huge price tag.

Wouldnt surprise me to see him asking 4yr 15 mil....maybe more..

I believe their are some interor linemen in the draft that can help...

Its just when do you pull the trigger for one..

14 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Conklin comes with a Huge price tag

Wouldnt surprise me to see him asking 4yr 15 mil....maybe more..

I believe their are some interor linemen in the draft that can help...

Its just when do you pull the trigger for one..

Yes, Conklin will be expensive. I think he'll ask for 16 mil per year, ie Trent Brown money. But the Bengals can easily afford that. Cutting Glenn saves 9.5 mil. Cutting Hart is another 4.8. We start about 48 mil under the cap.  If we trade for Gabe Jackson, he costs 9 mil about the savings from Glenn. We wouldn't need Miller so cutting him saves 2.6 mil, plus the savings from Hart. If we also cut Dre, then there's 16 mil for Conklin before we've even dipped into the 48 mil starting position. Moving Dalton saves about as much as Green's tag. We'll resign the ERFAs and probably tender Tupou and Wilson but not the other RFAs. 

The point is the Bengals have a huge amount of money available, can they actually recruit good players? If not can they complete trades for good players? 

On 3/4/2020 at 12:28 PM, HavePityPlease said:

I don't agree with this, at least not in a definitive way.  We simply don't know how much Cordy negatively affects this line, especially off the field.  If he suddenly had an epiphany and was gung-ho to play LG, ok, then he's likely better than the alternatives we know about.  But all of the evidence suggests he a) doesn't want to play LG, b) has a negative outlook on the team and/or coaches and possibly even c) doesn't really have much passion for football at all.  If you believe in Taylor's purported goal to "change the culture", then you can't really argue with getting rid of a guy they had to fine internally and performs below his contract.  Better for us is to hope the team does a better job filling the roster with players who buy in rather than hope that those who have already shown to be below par will maintain our status quo of "barely cutting it".

Getting into this late but now that he's gone I'm real OK with any locker room problem being cut loose, no room for that shit.

4 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Getting into this late but now that he's gone I'm real OK with any locker room problem being cut loose, no room for that shit.

Man it goes a looooong way into their

comradery as a team..

Bad or disgruntled attitude will kill a spirit..

Archived