Building the Oline.....

49 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I thought Miller was certainly upgradeable but for most of the year he was better than our LGs. They must have his replacement lined up already. Maybe a trade? Gabe Jackson perhaps?

We put a second RD tender on Alex Redmond for a reason. Sucks, but that's who I see.

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Good god, no. Alex Redmond is not the answer. 

We could probably get  Lewis or Stenburg in round 4 or Muti in round 3.

I'm with you; simply reading the tea leaves.

As to Muti: His biggest fan in Paul Alexander. States he sees exactly what he saw in Whit when recruiting him.

5 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Whitworth got a THREE YEAR deal reportedly worth an average of $10 million per year. WOW!!!!

Stick thebig man at guard now and he ll be a bruiser inside..

They may decide to keep him at LT where he slipped in pass protection..13 penalties.

23 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I thiught since Price was on a first round pick that his salary would be higher as a rook...

I loked Price at OSU...I thought he had all in intagibles to be a good lineman except one thing......31 inch arms...You have to be extremely quick outta the gate to beat your man to the initial punch..

Sooo veing he had foot problems makes his play bad..really bad..

He and Jordan gave up 55 pressues and 9 sacks last yr at LG...

Let him Go... 

Price's contract is guaranteed.  Same dilemma we have with Ross, already paid for.  

2 hours ago, Kochman said:

Bengals signed OG Xavier Su'a-Filo, formerly of the Cowboys, to a three-year, $10 million contract.

Mar 18, 2020, 4:21 PM ET

Kid was big time coming out of College. Injuries have hampered his career. Well that and mediocre play. Hopefully he can live up to his promise here. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

He's cheaper than Miller. Maybe better, maybe not. Miller was an average member of the Bengals line while Sua-Filo was the weak link on the Cowboys line. 

Im going out on a limb by saying Any of our olinmen last yr would ve wink link on Cowboys oline..

They along with the Stealers and Raiders

believe in the foundarion is Oline on offense no?

Very short limb lol..

He got a good bit of playing time last year but let's not think he was intended as a starter by the Cowboys. He was the backup to Williams until CW went down, then became the starter by default. Presumably the Bengals want him as a starter, though he's only making 1 mil more per year than Redmond. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

He got a good bit of playing time last year but let's not think he was intended as a starter by the Cowboys. He was the backup to Williams until CW went down, then became the starter by default. Presumably the Bengals want him as a starter, though he's only making 1 mil more per year than Redmond. 

Wasn’t the Ketchup-Whisperer the OL Coach in Dallas last year?  

Point being: The starter wasn’t necessarily better than the backup.

New question: Can he quickly unlearn what the K-W taught him?  

:shrug: 

Still a lot of work to do on the OL, hopefully in the draft because this gives me little comfort - hope and a prayer type of 'planning":

“Do I think we’re in terrible shape? No, not at all,” Callahan said. “I think we have good, young talent that we’re excited about. I think the jump that Mike Jordan and Fred Johnson could make in Year 2, we’re counting on it. They have to make it. There’s really no choice.

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Still a lot of work to do on the OL, hopefully in the draft because this gives me little comfort - hope and a prayer type of 'planning":

“Do I think we’re in terrible shape? No, not at all,” Callahan said. “I think we have good, young talent that we’re excited about. I think the jump that Mike Jordan and Fred Johnson could make in Year 2, we’re counting on it. They have to make it. There’s really no choice.

Just wanted to point out how apt your avatar is right next to that quote.

12 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

hope and a prayer type of 'planning

Isn’t that what you’d be getting from the draft?

What makes you think that whoever they draft would be any better than Jordan or Johnson?

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

Wasn’t the Ketchup-Whisperer the OL Coach in Dallas last year?  

Point being: The starter wasn’t necessarily better than the backup.

New question: Can he quickly unlearn what the K-W taught him?  

:shrug: 

No, Paul Alexander was hired by the Cowboys in 2018 but they quickly realized that they'd made a terrible mistake and let him go. They had a new coach for 2019.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Isn’t that what you’d be getting from the draft?

What makes you think that whoever they draft would be any better than Jordan or Johnson?

No guarantee they would be. I was merely pointing out that Callahan was spouting the typical team response to roster development - fingers and toes crossed that all young players develop and we have no injuries. They still need to add several OL in the draft IMHO and the higher up the draft the better. 

Looking at Oline prospects I see a big dropoff after Austin Jackson at 6 or better..

7 Ezra Cleveland ..

8. Matt Peart...

9. Isaiah Wilson

All have promise but all arent wirthy of a 2nd riund pick

Too many flaws that need corrected over time to be a high pick imo..

27 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Isaiah Wilson..

Looking at Oline prospects I see a big dropoff after Austin Jackson at 6 or better..

7 Ezra Cleveland ..

8. Matt Peart...

9. Isaiah Wilson

All have promise but all arent wirthy of a 2nd riund pick

Too many flaws that need corrected over time so be a high pick imo..

Might want to look at Lucas Niang.  

14 minutes ago, bfine said:

Might want to look at Lucas Niang.  

I did..i think hes in the mix with Cleveland and the others i mentioned..high to mid pick round 3...

I saw one mock that had the. Bengals landing Josh Jones which would be good .

Im thinking if the top 6 are gone Id be looking hard at backers or wr...

Some have us drafting Zach Braun or Laviska Shenault in round 2..

Like i said before some first round picks will likely drop and Bengals draft first there plus every other top pick in each round is a huge advantage..

On 3/17/2020 at 6:16 PM, claptonrocks said:

I thiught since Price was on a first round pick that his salary would be higher as a rook...

I loked Price at OSU...I thought he had all in intagibles to be a good lineman except one thing......31 inch arms...You have to be extremely quick outta the gate to beat your man to the initial punch..

Sooo veing he had foot problems makes his play bad..really bad..

He and Jordan gave up 55 pressues and 9 sacks last yr at LG...

Let him Go... 

31" arms?  Dayum!  How does he even reach his dick?

Archived