Building the Oline.....

37 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Getting up there age wise, and makes me think of Whitworth which makes me mad all over again.

Hes still one of the best OTs when healthy..

Be a great signing but i dont think they can afford him.

He wont come cheap... 

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

We could use a cheap vet as backup LT in case Jonah struggles or gets hurt again. I'd suggest Donald Penn fits the bill. 

It may not be early, hopefully it is, but I think the Bengals will draft a tackle at some point. If he doesn’t become the starting RT, he may be the backup OT, and if he does, then either Johnson or Hart will be the swing tackle backup. 

what about skuta from the ravens? i know he tore up his knee but i think he is stated to be ready for training camp. they only gave him the lowest rfa tender .  make him a 3-4 mil yr  offer they'll prob match it and if not we'd might end up with a stud interior ol  for a good price. 

probally as good as redman with just the 1 leg 

23 hours ago, sparky151 said:

If we're using FA to fix the defense, then the draft should be offense heavy. I could see Wilson or Cleveland being the pick at 33 to play RT. 

If Baun is gone at 2 Id be okay with a RT

In either of your picks or Lucas Niang..

A wideout mite catch our eye too say if Higgins were to fall to us..

Either way they should get a valuable addition to help out...

On 3/23/2020 at 12:07 PM, Jason said:

It may not be early, hopefully it is, but I think the Bengals will draft a tackle at some point. If he doesn’t become the starting RT, he may be the backup OT, and if he does, then either Johnson or Hart will be the swing tackle backup. 

Hart is Turner's new (talentless) version of Richie Incognito, they're going to cover for each other's incompetence & try to be the loudest of Yes-men (while quietly casting blame everywhere else) until someone in the organization grows enough spine to take out the trash.  Not only will the OL continue to struggle, but any talk about a team culture or their character is an absolute joke with these 2 jackasses on the payroll.  They should've been gone right along with Cordy Glenn.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:48 PM, T-Dub said:

Hart is Turner's new (talentless) version of Richie Incognito, they're going to cover for each other's incompetence & try to be the loudest of Yes-men (while quietly casting blame everywhere else) until someone in the organization grows enough spine to take out the trash.  Not only will the OL continue to struggle, but any talk about a team culture or their character is an absolute joke with these 2 jackasses on the payroll.  They should've been gone right along with Cordy Glenn.

Not even sure if Hart will start 

Dont forget Fred Johnson..

6'7 326lbs long arms and did a good job at the end of 2019..

Willuams.Jordan..Hopkins...Filo and Johnson looks better starting than what we started with last season..

Plus drafting a OT will help as well..

Bobby and Redmond can backup along with (god forbid) Price along with the draft pick...

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Not even sure if Hart will start 

Dont forget Fred Johnson..

6'7 326lbs long arms and did a good job at the end of 2019..

Willuams.Jordan..Hopkins...Filo and Johnson looks better starting than what we started with last season..

Plus drafting a OT will help as well..

Bobby and Redmond can backup along with (god forbid) Price along with the draft pick...

I don't question that they'll at least try to upgrade the talent.   I have zero faith in Turner & unfortunately, in the Bengals organization, he is also the OL scout.   

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I don't question that they'll at least try to upgrade the talent.   I have zero faith in Turner & unfortunately, in the Bengals organization, he is also the OL scout.   

Is your hate for Turner based on the Miami incident?

Look i know Incognito is a bully..

The other player was such a wimp about it though..

How bout standing up for yourself?

If Turner is such a bad coach why has he been employed in the league for so long?

Guess i look at it differently...

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Is your hate for Turner based on the Miami incident?

Look i know Incognito is a bully..

The other player was such a wimp about it though..

How bout standing up for yourself?

If Turner is such a bad coach why has he been employed in the league for so long?

Guess i look at it differently...

He's the only NFL coach I know of that's been booted from the league for shit like that so it obviously went far beyond any normal standard of behavior, even for an NFL locker room..  Guy was encouraging Richie to leave rape threats toward's the player's sister & mom on his voicemail at all hours, this wasn't someone getting snapped with a towel.  That, his behavior at A&M, it all adds up to total dirtbag.  Then he got here & called Hart "phenomenal" so basically my impression is that he's not only scummy but he's also dumb as fuck.  Whatever scheme he implemented left his players standing around looking like they didn't know whether to shit or go blind.

Taylor made this big speech about bringing in high-character people & "Changing the Culture" then made Turner one of his first hires.  

On 3/25/2020 at 6:16 PM, T-Dub said:

He's the only NFL coach I know of that's been booted from the league for shit like that so it obviously went far beyond any normal standard of behavior, even for an NFL locker room..  Guy was encouraging Richie to leave rape threats toward's the player's sister & mom on his voicemail at all hours, this wasn't someone getting snapped with a towel.  That, his behavior at A&M, it all adds up to total dirtbag.  Then he got here & called Hart "phenomenal" so basically my impression is that he's not only scummy but he's also dumb as fuck.  Whatever scheme he implemented left his players standing around looking like they didn't know whether to shit or go blind.

Taylor made this big speech about bringing in high-character people & "Changing the Culture" then made Turner one of his first hires.  

Good points.  I think he's the worst coach I have ever seen.  Dave Shula included.  

You would think a "good" coach would have his players that he's responsible for run through a wall for him.  So what has he done??   2 guys retired rather than play for him and another (Glenn) didnt want to play at all.    With all this AND his track record.  He should be fired IMO. 

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'm very much on board with all that has transpired this off season, but this is the one outlier I still don't understand.

The only way i can explain it is Zac and his father in law Mike Sherman, (longtime Oline coach and former HC of the Packers)  have a long history with Turner..yrs of it..

My thinking is that Sherman was  helping Turner and Zach with different schemes thruout the year ..

Mixon says his schemes worked last half of year.. He likes him as a coach sayin he can go up and talk to him during game about plays and Turner responded positively...

Turner is an Irish Bostonian former Marine LT so his aggresive behavior came from that..

Hes stated hes grateful for this Oline opportunity his methods of hardass are in the past ..

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Turner is an Irish Bostonian former Marine LT so his aggresive behavior came from that..

That's a poor excuse for encouraging rape threats or making crude sexual jokes to a bunch of college kid's moms.  I don't care if he was raised by wolves & adopted by the yakuza, if he's not smart enough to know where the line is drawn then he doesn't need to be on this team.  He's the exact opposite of "high character" & then you mix that with Hart's idiocy as his star pupil..  These guys are bad enough individually but as a duo they're going to be absolute cancer in the locker room, count on it.

19 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That's a poor excuse for encouraging rape threats or making crude sexual jokes to a bunch of college kid's moms.  I don't care if he was raised by wolves & adopted by the yakuza, if he's not smart enough to know where the line is drawn then he doesn't need to be on this team.  He's the exact opposite of "high character" & then you mix that with Hart's idiocy as his star pupil..  These guys are bad enough individually but as a duo they're going to be absolute cancer in the locker room, count on it.

I hope not..

Was looking at Bobby Hart's contract..

Was reported he received a 3yr 21mil contract..

7mil a year ..

What he signed for was 3yr 16.5mil

with only 5.5mil guaranteed plus a 3mil signing bonus..

His salary in 2020 is 1.85mil plus another 1mil for roster bonus which ended March 15..total for 2020..2.85mil....In 2021 they pay him 3.9mil but they can opt out anytime now and only have about 1.8 dead money spaced over two yrs..

Hes cheap (bout what hes worth) but

Baaaad!

23 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I haven't heard of Hart being a cancer in the locker room, not sure where you are getting that from.

22 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I haven't heard of Hart being a cancer in the locker room, not sure where you are getting that from.

Give it time.  Total dumbass spouting all kinds of flat earth conspiracy kook shit, coach's favorite, rewarded for playing like garbage..  It's going to create problems.

You have to question Taylor's judgement to bring in a guy like Turner.  Taylor had a good O-Line Coach and that guy quit, which again should place a huge red flag on Taylor.  It's not like Bengal Ownership has ever been able to identify good character from bad, but this was Taylor's personal choice.  Hope it works out.

8 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

You have to question Taylor's judgement to bring in a guy like Turner.  Taylor had a good O-Line Coach and that guy quit, which again should place a huge red flag on Taylor.  It's not like Bengal Ownership has ever been able to identify good character from bad, but this was Taylor's personal choice.  Hope it works out.

Turner was a good case for Redeeming at the Hands of Old Musty.

Archived