Building the Oline.....

21 minutes ago, Hooky said:

That's why only 2 Heisman QBs have ever won a Super Bowl. Because they get drafted #1 by the worst team in the league that's offense isn't ready for a rookie QB. And the 2 QBs were Plunkett and Staubach. Plunkett was a draft bust and ended up winning with Oakland as a retread. Staubach didn't play right away because he had the military commitment.  That's why Burrow will probably bust. The offense isn't ready for him. So they should try to get whatever they can in trade for him.

Or they could, IDK, get rid of Dalton and throw that money at the OL.  It might not work out but they could at least try to fix it instead of hoping everything magically comes together.   2/5 of our starters last year decided they'd rather sit or retire than play for our OL coach, who also thinks Bobby Hart is "phenomenal".  This guy is also our only OL scout.  

Said it before but the Turner/Hart duo is a trainwreck and will hold the team back for as long as they let them,  

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Or they could, IDK, get rid of Dalton and throw that money at the OL.  It might not work out but they could at least try to fix it instead of hoping everything magically comes together.   2/5 of our starters last year decided they'd rather sit or retire than play for our OL coach, who also thinks Bobby Hart is "phenomenal".  This guy is also our only OL scout.  

Said it before but the Turner/Hart duo is a trainwreck and will hold the team back for as long as they let them,  

whos left to throw the money at? 

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

That....vets will be released...

Right & I don't expect a long term solution there, just someone that could halfway get it done for a year replacing Hart or Williams if need be. Building through the draft is ideal but I keep coming back to our only OL scout being the same coach that thinks Hart is a phenomenal player. He's not even an NFL caliber starter. Redeeming Turner is going to cost us. Expect the OL to keep struggling until he's gone.

38 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Right & I don't expect a long term solution there, just someone that could halfway get it done for a year replacing Hart or Williams if need be. Building through the draft is ideal but I keep coming back to our only OL scout being the same coach that thinks Hart is a phenomenal player. He's not even an NFL caliber starter. Redeeming Turner is going to cost us. Expect the OL to keep struggling until he's gone.

Well i hope your wrong but who knows..

Was looking at 2019 rankings of Ollines...

We werent pretty!

Philly was first and for good reason.

Everyone one of their starting 5 were ranked in the top ten at their position..

Whoa..Carson Wentz is protected..

I believe the Browns were 21st..

Clevelands interior line was high on pass protecting ..the need was at tackles and with the signing of Jack Conklin and drafting a top OT..their line will be strong..

Bengals were 30th...

Their individual grades never reached the 50 percentile...

Taking a tackle and guard with 2 and 3 isnt that crazy....

Is it???

13 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Was looking at 2019 rankings of Ollines...

We werent pretty!

Philly was first and for good reason.

Everyone one of their starting 5 were ranked in the top ten at their position..

Whoa..Carson Wentz is protected..

I believe the Browns were 21st..

Clevelands interior line was high on pass protecting ..the need was at tackles and with the signing of Jack Conklin and drafting a top OT..their line will be strong..

Bengals were 30th...

Their individual grades never reached the 50 percentile...

Taking a tackle and guard with 2 and 3 isnt that crazy....

Is it???

Wouldn't bother me, although I'd prefer the guard a little later so WR and LB can be addressed.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:44 AM, Jason said:

Wouldn't bother me, although I'd prefer the guard a little later so WR and LB can be addressed.

I do like a backer in there as well ..

Brady didnt have great receivers thru the yrs cept for Gronk and Moss..

The rest were just decent but his oline gave him time in pass protection to deliver with accuracy..

Isnt this what Burrows needs?..

There must be some receivers after round 3 that could help this team if Burrow has some time..

19 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I do like a backer in there as well ..

Brady didnt have great receivers thru the yrs cept for Gronk and Moss..

The rest were just decent but his oline gave him time in pass protection to deliver with accuracy..

Isnt this what Burrows needs?..

There must be some receivers after round 3 that could help this team if Burrow has some time..

I wouldn't hate Claypool in 4.  He has some good tools and needs to develop a little. 

52 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

...Brady didnt have great receivers thru the yrs cept for Gronk and Moss..

The rest were just decent but his oline gave him time in pass protection to deliver with accuracy...

Welker and Edelman (sp?) were pretty damn good and effective with their style of play.

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes but what would they have done with Daltons passes except shake their heads in frustration by his inept accuracy??

Post a 1000+ yard season like Tyler Boyd?  Or was that a rhetorical question...

:Harassment_emoticon:

Sorry, sorry:   DALTON BAD! DALTON GO, MAKE ALL GOOD!

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Post a 1000+ yard season like Tyler Boyd?  Or was that a rhetorical question...

:Harassment_emoticon:

Sorry, sorry:   DALTON BAD! DALTON GO, MAKE ALL GOOD!

Makes me wonder what Boyd could have put up with an accurate quarterback...

1 hour ago, Kingspoint said:

Worst kept secret in the NFL....Browns will take an OT with their first pick.

Probably so..all they need to complete a very resectable oline is LT..

Andrew Thomas would be my choice...

They may like Bechton..

Either way Baker will have good prorection..

Bengals should take notice that Alll AFCN teans have made a Priority on keeping their. QBs protected this year..

Get Joe Thuney asap!!!

The first pick in round 3 would help the Pats and dramatically change our oline for the good... 

Archived