Building the Oline.....

Not for nothing , but Jonah WIliams has clearly been putting in work. Jeebus. 

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/24/bengals-jonah-williams-tee-higgins-workout-video-training-camp/

(follow the link and hit the embedded insta)

He looks way different in terms of strength and build than when he was first drafted.

10 hours ago, membengal said:

Not for nothing , but Jonah WIliams has clearly been putting in work. Jeebus. 

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/24/bengals-jonah-williams-tee-higgins-workout-video-training-camp/

(follow the link and hit the embedded insta)

He looks way different in terms of strength and build than when he was first drafted.

Hopefully he's on the Christian McCaffery method.  Less the juice. 

He’s definitely looking quite beastly.

Would be nice to finally have a franchise LT to go along with our new franchise QB. 
I really think he can do it....he’s got all of the qualities/intangibles, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, membengal said:

More photographic evidence of Jonah Williams with a lot more upper body definition than I recall him having when he was drafted. He has made good use of the red shirt year it would appear:

Dude looks jacked for sure

5 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Obviously. Same can be said for every draft pick

Actually, plenty of 2019 draft picks have shown they can play in the NFL, Nick Bosa being an obvious example.  

29 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Bosa came into the league having been a highly paid football player at Ohio State.

Yes, the cost of a college education, even at a state school is pretty high.

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I believe Taylor and Turner think theyve assembled a good pass protecting line.

The run blocking will be a problem..

Keepin Joe healthy is a bigger priority than Mixon running thru holes..

Look for Joe to have alot of catches from JB..

having Mixon running through holes would go a long ways to keeping Joe healthy. 

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Isn't this the same OL we had last year + a rookie LT?  I'm not expecting much different.

In the picture above with all the upper body development his legs look awfully thin in comparison.

No matter how good he looks if he gets pushed around because his legs can't push or stand his ground, he's

going to get eaten alive.  

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

In the picture above with all the upper body development his legs look awfully thin in comparison.

No matter how good he looks if he gets pushed around because his legs can't push or stand his ground, he's

Whitworth always had long skinny legs compared to the rest of his body...it didn't affect him in the least. 

On 7/24/2020 at 8:21 AM, High School Harry said:

He's never played a down in the NFL, he could get hurt again or he could simply be bad.   Once again they're betting an entire season on a single unproven player.  It's no knock on Williams to say that's a dumb plan.  He could be the best LT in a generation then step in a gopher hole in his front yard on opening day and be lost for the season.

IOW my complaint is with a FO that won't do the extra work & spend the extra money on a plan B.   They just let Hobson blow smoke up everyone's ass & then blame bad luck when anything goes wrong.  It makes me think they prefer the cheap excuse.  Watching a no-talent shitheel like Hart spray stupid all over the internet  & become the braying jackass voice of the franchise this offseason is inexcusable.  

As expected, they drafted Burrow and called it a day.   This team is still nowhere near being competitive.  

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He's never played a down in the NFL, he could get hurt again or he could simply be bad.   Once again they're betting an entire season on a single unproven player.  It's no knock on Williams to say that's a dumb plan.  He could be the best LT in a generation then step in a gopher hole in his front yard on opening day and be lost for the season.

IOW my complaint is with a FO that won't do the extra work & spend the extra money on a plan B.   They just let Hobson blow smoke up everyone's ass & then blame bad luck when anything goes wrong.  It makes me think they prefer the cheap excuse.  Watching a no-talent shitheel like Hart spray stupid all over the internet  & become the braying jackass voice of the franchise this offseason is inexcusable.  

As expected, they drafted Burrow and called it a day.   This team is still nowhere near being competitive.  

I hope you are wrong, but there is a lot of truth in your post. 

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I hope I'm wrong too but I expect the people actually making the decisions to do more than just hope :D

On the positive side guys like Williams, Hopkins, Jordan and others all seem to be hard workers.  A big change from the days of Ooogie Boogie and Andre the Hutt.  Hard work can be contagious. 

On 7/25/2020 at 4:31 PM, UncleEarl said:

On the positive side guys like Williams, Hopkins, Jordan and others all seem to be hard workers.  A big change from the days of Ooogie Boogie and Andre the Hutt.  Hard work can be contagious. 

I don't question those guys work ethic at all.   Hart on the other hand..  I'm really more concerned with leadership & coaching with our OL.   That can't be Bobbie Flat Earth.

Archived