Building the Oline.....

36 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The Athletic's Ross Tucker rates the O-lines of the NFL. Bengals are last, Chargers are 31st.

• Last, and least, are the Bengals. The early reports on rookie quarterback Joe Burrow have been good. He’ll be trying to play behind a line that has plenty of questions but should at least be a little bit better with the return of left tackle Jonah Williams, a first-round pick in 2019 who missed last season with a shoulder injury.

https://theathletic.com/2066002/2020/09/16/tucker-evaluating-each-nfl-teams-offensive-line-with-the-season-underway/

Can a player return if he never played??

Not sure what happens at RT but I do expect the other 4 to continue to get better. They started settling down about midway through 2nd qtr and actually finished up pretty nicely I thought.  They didn’t give up a sack in second half.  Need Adeniji to hurry up and get acclimated. 

16 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yeah he basically said Hart cant block someone one on one..

So we have to put. Sample there to help out..

Negates a target for JB...

Thus sucks..

We knew this last year and did nothing to fix it despite spending a first round draft pick at QB.     There's no excuse for it,  it's just greed and apathy from the owners.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Simple, it would have cost them more money to replace him.   

Theyve spent a load of money trying to build a balanced team..

Mike Brown may be the only owner that could get a contract done with his word and a handshake..

Former players love the man for his integrity..and his Word..

They thought Hart had imorived his speed by losing lbs to check quick DEs...

Didnt work in game one..

Johnson or Adenijji have to be considered to start soon..

Lets see his productivity againt Garret this week...

6 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Mike Brown may be the only owner that could get a contract done with his word and a handshake..

Didnt work in game one..

Everyone outside the FO (and you, apparently) knew Hart had no business starting in the NFL.    You need to see him BTFO by Garrett just to be certain?  C'mon man.

52 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Everyone outside the FO (and you, apparently) knew Hart had no business starting in the NFL.    You need to see him BTFO by Garrett just to be certain?  C'mon man.

Hes allways beem mediocre...at best..

I wanted to draft Isaiah Wilson top of round 2 but Titans took him in 1...

If you look around the league OT is at a premium...We may have drafted a premium LT in Jonah..

Next season we fill RT....

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

WTF?  Plenty of former players avoid him like the plague.  Other owners despise him.  He bent over Hamilton County and the city of Cincinnati for millions, all while putting an mostly putrid product on the field the entire time.

Yes, they may have hit the jackpot with Burrow and are spending some money this year, but Mike Brown is one of the worst owners in the history of team sports and his record shows it.  Praising him as anything else is delusional.

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Didnt work in game one..

The team won't be balanced if Burrow is crippled. When you use the top pick on a QB, you should try to help him succeed. That means giving him weapons (check) and protection (fail). There's a reason Hart was cut by the woeful Giants O-line. Yet the Bengals scooped him up off the street, which was fine, we didn't have much choice. But then they gave him a contract worth far more than his play and thus committed, have kept him around. Doubling down on stupid is still stupid. 

If we had signed free agent RT Jack Conklin, instead of paying similar money to Waynes or Reader or Green, we'd be a better team now and have one less question for the future. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The team won't be balanced if Burrow is crippled. When you use the top pick on a QB, you should try to help him succeed. That means giving him weapons (check) and protection (fail). There's a reason Hart was cut by the woeful Giants O-line. Yet the Bengals scooped him up off the street, which was fine, we didn't have much choice. But then they gave him a contract worth far more than his play and thus committed, have kept him around. Doubling down on stupid is still stupid. 

If we had signed free agent RT Jack Conklin, instead of paying similar money to Waynes or Reader or Green, we'd be a better team now and have one less question for the future. 

Point taken..

32 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Pff scores Oline..rounded off..

Jonah.....63

Jordan...74

Hopkins...68

Xsf.............75

Price..........51

Hart...........64.

Sample.......60

Uzamah......63

Surprised at that Jonah number.  I don't really watch OLine play specifically, but I thought he looked pretty darn good the few times I actually focused on him.  I'm curious what others that pay better attention to OLine play have to say.

In contrast Hart's number looks ridiculous.  I know its not possible but there should be a negative sign in front of his "64" value.

11 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Surprised at that Jonah number.  I don't really watch OLine play specifically, but I thought he looked pretty darn good the few times I actually focused on him.  I'm curious what others that pay better attention to OLine play have to say.

In contrast Hart's number looks ridiculous.  I know its not possible but there should be a negative sign in front of his "64" value.

They said his run blocking lifted his score...

Id have given him much lower regardless..

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Hate to say it and I hope someone corrects me but it seemed pass rushers were running around him (Jonah).

I will correct you. His passing protection grades from PFF were way higher than his run block grades, which is what lowered his score. 

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

I will correct you. His passing protection grades from PFF were way higher than his run block grades, which is what lowered his score. 

How did he actually play though? I don't remember any glaring errors.  

PFF numbers are meaningless.

Archived