Building the Oline.....

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

How did he actually play though? I don't remember any glaring errors.  

PFF numbers are meaningless.

Looked like he had 3-4 bad plays. Pretty solid besides that. Overall not a bad first NFL game against a good defense with two very good edge rushers. He'll only get better.

11 hours ago, Sox said:

Looked like he had 3-4 bad plays. Pretty solid besides that. Overall not a bad first NFL game against a good defense with two very good edge rushers. He'll only get better.

Yeah from what I saw he looked like he'll end up at least average, which on this OL..   Well, y'know.

Jonah dropped off a little against the Browns, could be the fact his second NFL start was only 4 days after his first.

He's still a rookie, if he and JB look only average in their first year with no preseason, I'll take that as a positive.

35 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Bengals: OL guru believes answer to the unit is already on the roster 

https://stripehype.com/2020/09/18/bengals-ol-guru-answer/

He is the guru of offensive linemen..

When he talks they listen no matter rookie or long time vet..

He stated awhile back that Adenijji was a steal for them..

He IS a rookie take note but hell improve the right side quicker than any player they have..

Play the man!!

On 9/16/2020 at 8:43 PM, T-Dub said:

Everyone outside the FO (and you, apparently) knew Hart had no business starting in the NFL.    You need to see him BTFO by Garrett just to be certain?  C'mon man.

The players may not be, but you are in Mid Season Form!!😂😂😂

Throwing guys in there before they are ready can be a bad thing.  It didn't go so well for Jordan last year.  Not every rookie has the presence and confidence of a Burrow.  I doubt the hell out of the front office's ability to judge talent, but I've not seen the current coaching staff hold back a player that is ready to play.  You could set the guy back quite a bit by throwing him in there before he is ready.

13 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You said that numerous times..

We get it...

You got a mouse in your pocket?

"We" don't seem to get it when "we" keep posting things like "PFF sAyS WhItWoRtH bEsT LT!!1", like what they say means something.

So y'know,  if "we" keep posting PFF stats I'll probably keep responding that PFF stats are bullshit.   Circle of Life thing.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

You got a mouse in your pocket?

"We" don't seem to get it when "we" keep posting things like "PFF sAyS WhItWoRtH bEsT LT!!1", like what they say means something.

So y'know,  if "we" keep posting PFF stats I'll probably keep responding that PFF stats are bullshit.   Circle of Life thing.

Im surprised your so indignant about

how most nfl sites use the pff system..

Is it totally accurate?..no but it does give 

more than just ypc or ypc type  stats..

So Ill keep posting them and you can still be a whiney ass..

Got it Mouse? 

39 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Im surprised your so indignant about

how most nfl sites use the pff system..

Is it totally accurate?..no but it does give 

more than just ypc or ypc type  stats..

So Ill keep posting them and you can still be a whiney ass..

Got it Mouse? 

I got that you're a lil butthurt about it, sure.

Help me out though, what "PFF System" do most NFL sites use?  Do you mean.. numbers?

:hmmm-min:

11 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I'll say this.  If you're a pro athlete.  And that pro athlete is making millions of dollars to do a job.   It's one thing to suck at that job, but if you're clearly not even trying then fans are going to talk shit.  It comes with the territory. If you can't handle that you're in the wrong profession.  Don't expect people to support your lack of effort just because of the color of your jersey.

(Still love me some 71 tho)

13 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Shit...PFF is for fans.  Teams don’t use it or give a shit about it.   Something for fanboys and girls to talk about. 

I blame fantasy football, it's made people a little too stats-obsessed IMO.

Still,  "PFF says Hart takes too many plays off & is easily confused by line stunts" is analysis.   "PFF gives Hart a 62.75693 grade" is meaningless.

It's nothing personal.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

I blame fantasy football, it's made people a little too stats-obsessed IMO.

Still,  "PFF says Hart takes too many plays off & is easily confused by line stunts" is analysis.   "PFF gives Hart a 62.75693 grade" is meaningless.

It's nothing personal.

Baseball has been taken over by stat geeks.  Other sports are trying to do the same, but other sports aren't like baseball.  Baseball is, for the most part, a series of one on one interactions.  Football most definitely is not.  What happens to you is significantly effected by what your teammates do.  Hard to quantify that in football, line play in particular.

Archived