Building the Oline.....

On 10/2/2020 at 8:50 PM, Spotto said:

Has to be coaching.  What happened to the OL that played the last 8 games in 2019?

They have gone backwards and that is with the inclusion of Jonah.  

Huge improvement by the O-line, but you have to wonder how much of that was a mirage generated by JAX and its less than stellar D-line. I'd love to be a believer.

41 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Alex Remind played well today and really helped solidify the line today. I loved his effort, especially on that screen where Mixon slipped. He was competing hard and kept the mistakes to a minimum.

Best game by this line in all season.

I'm so worried that Redmond will just be a 1 or 2 game wonder, then get injured or start getting flagged every play.

But he played very well today.

6 minutes ago, Spotto said:

I'm so worried that Redmond will just be a 1 or 2 game wonder, then get injured or start getting flagged every play.

But he played very well today.

I'll take a guy that has the ability over the others that just plain don't.  Hopefully he's matured and can avoid the flags.  He did today.  One in a row.

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

Should have never brought Redmond back, right T?!!😂😂

Are you trying to defend the fact the team released him and then resigned him to the practice squad when he was the better player?  Sounds rather incompetent to me. 

50 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Alex Remind played well today and really helped solidify the line today. I loved his effort, especially on that screen where Mixon slipped. He was competing hard and kept the mistakes to a minimum.

Best game by this line in all season.

Always good to have a guy that knows the system, and the other players, isn't it?

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Are you trying to defend the fact the team released him and then resigned him to the practice squad when he was the better player?  Sounds rather incompetent to me. 

Regardless of his incompetence

he played well today..

He actually opened holes and fought like hell in pass protection..id try him there again next week..

2 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Always good to have a guy that knows the system, and the other players, isn't it?

Uh, THEY CUT HIM. 31 other teams could have picked him up. Quit pretending that was an actual plan, it wasn’t. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Sounds like the guy was pretty frustrating.  Talent, but hard to deal with.  If he was so good why didn't anyone else pick him up? 

Doesn't sound like Turner has much patience with guys who can be difficult.  (see Cordy Glenn)  Actually, how do you go from liking a guy enough to try him at LT (last year) to cutting him?  Today was a good day for the OL, but still a lot of question marks about Turner.

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

They thought the guy they signed was better, and the rookie they drafted, although raw, would long term have better upside.  Plus, if they had kept him it would have guaranteed his salary for the season. But, their signee got hurt, the rookie isn't ready yet, and the other options weren't capable.  I actually see that as being intelligent enough to realize their weakness, and go find an answer.

2 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

They thought the guy they signed was better, and the rookie they drafted, although raw, would long term have better upside.  Plus, if they had kept him it would have guaranteed his salary for the season. But, their signee got hurt, the rookie isn't ready yet, and the other options weren't capable.  I actually see that as being intelligent enough to realize their weakness, and go find an answer.

Well your right on that assumption this week..

Lets go for two in a row by the big guy no?

31 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

It isn’t an answer.  Name another club that picks someone off the street who was better than their HEALTHY starters?  It’s laughable. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Who's to say Redmond wasn't halfassing it in camp & getting cut lit a fire under his ass?  We've got to get something out of these interior OL eventually.

Ok, exactly how does gettin cut from the team light a fire under his ass?  Was he sending tape of his awesome workouts to the club?  

Dude was sitting at home waiting for ANYONE to call. The Bengals realized their right guard situation was an unmitigated disaster and the dude they cut, that NO OTHER club wanted, might be better than the HEALTHY shit  players they kept. 

Crocker got the call when someone got hurt. He also had no intention of playing anywhere else and was 33 years old.  There is a reason 24 year old Redmond got cut whether he was the issue or Turner and the coaching stuff if incompetent. Either way you gotta scratch your head and say What the fuck?

13 hours ago, Jimmy D said:

After the cut, the opportunity is what lights the fire.  He'd already been chomping at the bit.  I can put myself in those shoes fairly easy.  

They tought Jordan and XSF were starters with Price as posd8bly Adenijji as backups..

They thought wrong ...

They brought back a player familiar with this system..

Its not like they setting a precedent..

It happens..

Archived