Building the Oline.....

It wasn't a mistake to get Jordan experience last year and it is a mistake to not get Adeniji some snaps this year. Even if we sign a top tier free agent next spring or draft Sewell, we'd still need to fix RG and maybe LG. 

I'm surprised we haven't gone to a 6 man O-line as our base formation. The extra RT would be eligible as a pass receiver but we don't need him to run routes, just improve the blocking for both pass and run. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I'd hope we set our sights a little higher than those guys.

Good luck with that. I'd love to say Ronnie Stanley or Joe Thuney or Brandon Scherff but we all know that's not what the Bengals do.

I know Moton and Sweezy are not sexy names a lot of people would be familiar with but, Moton will likely be the best Right Tackle available in free agency. Guy is legit and is only 26 years old.

Sweezy is a bit up and down but is head and shoulders better than anyone we currently have on the roster at OG. He might not be the answer but it doesn't look like there will be a lot available at the position in 2021 and you can't draft every upgrade.

If the team was actually smart they would go out and get a Stanley and Thuney/Scherff and protect this kid. That, a TE and some sure handed WRs and this team is ready to compete.  

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It wasn't a mistake to get Jordan experience last year and it is a mistake to not get Adeniji some snaps this year. Even if we sign a top tier free agent next spring or draft Sewell, we'd still need to fix RG and maybe LG. 

I'm surprised we haven't gone to a 6 man O-line as our base formation. The extra RT would be eligible as a pass receiver but we don't need him to run routes, just improve the blocking for both pass and run. 

Jordan really struggled early on, I think one can argue he needed more time to get ready. Not sure why he is playing worse than he did late last season. 

If you are going to play young guys it is better if they are at least surrounded by good players to help them and protect them so to speak. A rookie guard playing beside Whit has a much better chance then a rookie guard playing beside the likes of Hart. Jonah is essentially a rookie so no doubt it is challenging enough for him as is let alone worrying about the guy beside him. 

33 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Britt is too old..and regressing

Newhouse is bad bad..

Robinson is a penalty machine.

Kline maybe...

Slim pickens there no?

41 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Bills just released Quinton Spain. I'd be all over him. Hands down better than any OG on our roster. Sounds like he just fell out of favor in Buffalo. 

He was on a one year deal with the Bills..

His 55.4ppf in 2019 was bad.

They want to insert Cody Ford at guard

and moved on from Spain who has a 60ppf in 177 snaps this year..

Bring him him on a prorated 10 game deal to see if he can help..

With this staff the chances of him helping the line are slim imo..

18 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

He was on a one year deal with the Bills..

His 55.4ppf in 2019 was bad.

They want to insert Cody Ford at guard

and moved on from Spain who has a 60ppf in 177 snaps this year..

Bring him him on a prorated 10 game deal to see if he can help..

With this staff the chances of him helping the line are slim imo..

He actually just signed a 3 year $15 million contract this offseason. He also hasn't allowed a sack in 2 years and Cody Ford (who just got hurt) actually rates lower than him (both this year and last). There's more to this story but, I'm all over this guy if I'm the Bengals.

He's a four year fulltime starter on higher level teams/offenses and is much better than anything we have here. My only knock on him is he's prone to get dinged up but would you rather have this guy protecting Joe or Redmond/Jordan? To me it's a no brainer. Get on the phone Katie.

21 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

He actually just signed a 3 year $15 million contract this offseason. He also hasn't allowed a sack in 2 years and Cody Ford (who just got hurt) actually rates lower than him (both this year and last). There's more to this story but, I'm all over this guy if I'm the Bengals.

He's a four year fulltime starter on higher level teams/offenses and is much better than anything we have here. My only knock on him is he's prone to get dinged up but would you rather have this guy protecting Joe or Redmond/Jordan? To me it's a no brainer. Get on the phone Katie.

You made your point..

He has a 35" arm length which i like as opposed to Price's 31 wings..

Im in!

Was on Buffalo message board..

Theyre confused about Spain as well..

He told coaches his foot hurt before Titans game and couldnt go..

They save 4mil cap space next yr..

All kinda petty but the Bills arent the best org either..

Bills fans bitch about their run blocking and Dline hurting them.

Sound familiar? Lol

They seem to think since the Chiefs have a glaring hole at guard thell sign him..

And...we...wont...sigh..

9 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Was on Buffalo message board..

Theyre confused about Spain as well..

He told coaches his foot hurt before Titans game and couldnt go..

They save 4mil cap space next yr..

All kinda petty but the Bills arent the best org either..

Bills fans bitch about their run blocking and Dline hurting them.

Sound familiar? Lol

They seem to think since the Chiefs have a glaring hole at guard thell sign him..

And...we...wont...sigh..

Doesn't he get to choose?  Why in the world would he sign with the Bengals?

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Because all discarded Bills OL come here?

I believe Adenijji's best position on this team is LT!

Listening to an extended interview he seems to feel thats his suited spot..

You know he played 4 yrs of college ball and was named team captain by his teammates.

He said he can play abywhere but his drift was LT..

Could Zach be waiting for him to move there and shift Jonah to RT??

What if Aden turns into a good LT...????????

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You know he played 4 yrs of college ball and was named team captain by his teammates.

What if Aden turns into a good LT...???????  They draft G  Wyatt Davis with the 8th pick or so ..

They come back and grab Big Trey Smith in the 2nd round..

They formulate a line of

LT....Adenijji

LG ..Davis

C.....Hopkins

RG...Smith

RT....Williams

I know most would prefer Jonah at LT and Adenijji at LG and that may be the pattern ..

20 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

What if Aden turns into a good LT...????????

That sounds like an excuse not to fix the line. I can envision them going into the offseason praising Adeniji's practice habits without ever giving him a start. Adeniji shouldn't be saying anything if he's not playing. 

49 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

That sounds like an excuse not to fix the line. I can envision them going into the offseason praising Adeniji's practice habits without ever giving him a start. Adeniji shouldn't be saying anything if he's not playing. 

Scroll back up a few posts and read my full explanation to better the Oline..

You have something better in mind lets hear it..

Archived