Building the Oline.....

I'm not opposed to Adeniji playing, but let's not expect him to be the savior. If he's marginally better than Jordan or Redmond or Hart, get him on the field. If he's not good enough to get snaps, then he's just a guy who may or may not get a backup spot next year but certainly isn't part of the upgrade process. 

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm not opposed to Adeniji playing, but let's not expect him to be the savior. If he's marginally better than Jordan or Redmond or Hart, get him on the field. If he's not good enough to get snaps, then he's just a guy who may or may not get a backup spot next year but certainly isn't part of the upgrade process. 

Agree hes not anywhere close to savior..

Maybe just a piece to the puzzle in the future..

I believe Zach is holding him out to get stronger and get used ti a new oline schene..

He played strictly zone in college..

Hes gotta lot to improve on..

Im just exasperated watching the 5 stooges every week...

31 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree hes not anywhere close to savior..

Maybe just a piece to the puzzle in the future..

I believe Zach is holding him out to get stronger and get used ti a new oline schene..

He played strictly zone in college..

Hes gotta lot to improve on..

Im just exasperated watching the 5 stooges every week...

Well the 4 stooges in the office don't appear to be as exasperated in watching the 5 stooges as we all are

46 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Honestly it’s going to be hard to improve the OL this year without leaving these guys in there and just letting them grow together. Someone off the street is one step forward and two steps back at this point, IMO. 

Your right...theyre going to roll with this bunch..not going to bring in a bandaid

at this point..

It would be an amazing feat to see  these guys look decent as a unit from here on..

I can only hope.

The Bodyguard has to show up big come Sunday..

Jonah's PFF has risen to an overall 74..

His opponent this week is Myles Garret...HUGE task keeping JB healthy..

Garret has 7 sacks 3 FF ..90 PFF..

This.....is the matchup Ill zero in on..

Love these encounters!

Theyll probably put Garret across from Hart  and then the dark comedy begins...

Sample has to help Bobby and that means less times for him to get targeted which limits JB's arsenal..

20 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm reading that Xavier Sua Filo is likely to return after the bye against the Stealers in Week 10. I would guess that he slides back into the starting lineup at RG if healthy.

Im sure he will..

Positive is hes good in pass protection..

Negative is he hasn't played AT ALL this year..

He has no idea what takes place when the ball is snapped with this unit..

Hes on an island with Hart next to him and Hopkins helping Jordan if he can..

He has his hands full..more than full.

Redmond can runblock..XSF can pass block..

Do you try and rotate them without giving the opposing defense a huge clue to your upcoming play???

10 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I think they can win this week, but I am actually scared for Joe against the stealers...

Those cheap shot cock suckers will be head hunting 

Normally this would be a concern, but with the way he's getting hit every week?  He's going to get injured, it doesn't really matter if it's against Pittsburgh or the Washington Football Team.  

The total negligence they've demonstrated by running Joe out there behind this OL is just more evidence that the Browns are grifters suckling from the NFL teat & couldn't give a shit less about their team.  They will continue to do the bare minimum to avoid total fan mutiny and not a bit more.

25 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

97.2 pass blocking efficiency?  Where does the .2 come from?  Who scored higher than him?

🙄  PFF at it again with the nonsense numbers

Isn't it just an average of the numbers that they tallied up and gave him.  Whether it's a play by play average in a game, or average over multiple games, the averaging of the numbers is where the .2 comes from.

Here's an example of numbers that would get you 97.2:

94+97+99+97+99=486    486/5=97.2

The nonsense part of PFF is someone not affiliated with the team doing the grading based on what they believe the calls were and what should have happened.  It's not likely to be 100% accurate but is meant to be somewhat close and probably close enough to make comparisons between players.  The "qualifying" players part is how they cover the inaccuracies. The more plays reviewed the more likely it is that the numbers actually represent reality (assuming the grading of plays & results is consistent) so they put a cut-off in to eliminate the results that are more likely to be skewed.

10 minutes ago, BBR said:

assuming the grading of plays & results is consistent

That is an assumption I'm not willing to give them.   I think any objective & fair grade would put Williams solidly around average.  97.2 is less than 3 points away from perfect.  Jonah Williams is not 3 pts shy of perfect.  

PFF's advanced stats grading system explained:

tenor.gif

I think ive found the team an offensive guard!!

Brian Shaw...

6'8 420lbs..

He can bench 450 40 times..

His leverage would be off but who cares hes going to impose his strength anyway...

Yeah I know ..hes a strongman not a baller...

Still would enjoy watching that strength on display in a game though..

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I think ive found the team an offensive guard!!

Brian Shaw...

6'8 420lbs..

He can bench 450 40 times..

His leverage would be off but who cares hes going to impose his strength anyway...

Yeah I know ..hes a strongman not a baller...

Still would enjoy watching that strength on display in a game though..

How long are his arms?

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I haven't seen any updates yet on our injured o-linemen, but the replacements fared pretty well yesterday.  At one point, even Adeniji was playing and Johnson looked solid at LT for nearly 3 quarters.  It sucks their performance was wasted because the defense was so pitiful.

Injury updates for Jonah Williams, Trey Hopkins and Bobby Hart

Williams could return after the bye week, and it may be longer before Hart comes back.

By John Sheeran@John__Sheeran  Oct 26, 2020, 3:32pm EDT 

Jacksonville Jaguars v Cincinnati BengalsPhoto by Kirk Irwin/Getty Images

The Cincinnati Bengals lost Jonah Williams on Sunday to an apparent neck injury, but they appear to have dodged a bullet in the process.

Per NFL insider Ian Rapoport, Williams’ injury doesn’t appear “overly serious” and while he’ll likely miss next week’s game, a return after their Week 9 bye is entirely possible.

(Tweet did not copy)

When asked about Williams, Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said his left tackle’s recovery is going to be day-to-day.

(Tweet did not copy)

Williams’ injury came early in the second quarter. During his last snap, quarterback Joe Burrowwas sacked from his left side after he escaped the pocket, but Williams didn’t appear to be at fault and he didn’t look like he got injured. Nevertheless, Fred Johnson came in for Williams at the start of the offense’s next drive.

Trey Hopkins and Bobby Hart also both left the game at different times due to injuries. Taylor said that Hopkins is in the concussion protocol and Hart will be out this week with the knee injury he suffered late in Sunday’s game.

(Tweet did not copy)

Hart’s injury looked pretty serious when it happened, but it’s too early to tell how long he’ll be out. Hopkins will probably also miss a week before he clears the concussion protocol. 

If the Bengals will be without Williams and Hart, Hakeem Adeniji and Fred Johnson will start in their respective places. When both players were on the field together, Adeniji was at left tackle and Johnson was at right tackle. Billy Price will fill in for Hopkins like he did on Sunday.

The Bengals will face the Tennessee Titans next Sunday and will have two weeks to prepare for the Pittsburgh Stealers after that.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/26/21535033/bengals-injury-updates-jonah-williams-bobby-hart-trey-hopkins-titans-news

Archived