Building the Oline.....

5 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Even though I still believe that Antonio clown acted that whole time on that hit

That whole raft of shit started with LeVeon Bell started crying after he was tackled by Burfict.  It was a clean tackle, but Bell blew out his knee.  He said Burfict celebrated because he knew Bell's knee was blown up.  How the hell could Burfict have known that?  Total BS, but from then on Burfict was a target in Pittsburgh, and we know how that all ended.

4 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I had a lot of trouble with Burfict's antics and inability to stay on the field due to suspensions and the obvious penalties that came with his lunacy BUT I will argue that Vontaze Burfict WON that game for the Bengals. He intercepted Roethlisberger at the Stealers 26 with 1:43 left in the game. If Jeremy Hill doesn't fumble, there's a chance Burfict never sees the field again in that game and the Bengals win. Jeremy Hill lost that game, not Vontaze Burfict.

Actually, the Bengals lost that game twice!

7 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

That whole raft of shit started with LeVeon Bell started crying after he was tackled by Burfict.  It was a clean tackle, but Bell blew out his knee.  He said Burfict celebrated because he knew Bell's knee was blown up.  How the hell could Burfict have known that?  Total BS, but from then on Burfict was a target in Pittsburgh, and we know how that all ended.

Gops point

1 minute ago, Shebengal said:

Props to the whole OL today. Despite only having one starter from last week, they played quite well. 

Odd how a unit could play well together like that..

Is there a chemistry there???

I like Adenijji and Spain on that left side..

JB looked comfortable foe a change..

On 10/30/2020 at 10:29 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Cause they want to win and we do not care

While I think Mike Brown is totally incompetent, this “he doesn’t want to win” stuff is BS.  He wants to win, but he wants to do it “his way.”   His way is with him as GM and his family making football decisions.  They suck at it.  Making money is #1 for MB, but he wants to win.  

37 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Odd how a unit could play well together like that..

Is there a chemistry there???

I like Adenijji and Spain on that left side..

JB looked comfortable foe a change..

Some of it is these guys are better than the losers the Bengals staff thinks is good. The other part is Burrow inspiring them as well as a good game plan to get the ball out quick. 

44 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

sadly a bunch of rookies and players fresh off the street outperformed they players the expert professional staff we have in the bengals organization, who spent the offseason/training camp deciding they were the best. 

i mean, that's  take, sure. That's a take right there, is what that is. Congrats on your take. 

Jonah Williams is having a very good year at LT - he isn't losing that spot to Adeniji. Quentin Spain is a legit pro and was a really good signing for the Bengals - if can play RG, I would love to see him slide into it. Or takeover from Jordan if need be. Fred Johnson was in house and they should be some credit for developing him to be ready at RT, no? Price was in house and clearly bought into the program and was ready for when his number was called again, I would think the coaches and Price get credit for that, no? Or is everything always just shit?

38 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

While I think Mike Brown is totally incompetent, this “he doesn’t want to win” stuff is BS.  He wants to win, but he wants to do it “his way.”   His way is with him as GM and his family making football decisions.  They suck at it.  Making money is #1 for MB, but he wants to win.  

If he wanted to win he would make changes to win; not making changes just means he hopes he can win with his model

58 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

"but he wants to win"..

Theres never been an owner that Wanted to lose..

27 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Semantics.  

Not at all. What I am saying he Brown can 'state', 'say' or 'speak' that he wants to win but if does not take what are obvious measures/changes to win then he actually does not want to. It's like he wants to win a lottery but refuses to buy a ticket which means he really does not want to.

If an organization has a goal it looks at every way it can possibly achieve it - if one way fails you re-examine and try another way. if you see other organizations in the same sector succeeding you try and copy what they did. This is why you always see coaches and personnel staff go from winning organizations to lesser ones - it is because the owner is trying to copy the winner. Mike Brown does none of this, has never done this and appears to have no initiative to do it now. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

i mean, that's  take, sure. That's a take right there, is what that is. Congrats on your take. 

Jonah Williams is having a very good year at LT - he isn't losing that spot to Adeniji. Quentin Spain is a legit pro and was a really good signing for the Bengals - if can play RG, I would love to see him slide into it. Or takeover from Jordan if need be. Fred Johnson was in house and they should be some credit for developing him to be ready at RT, no? Price was in house and clearly bought into the program and was ready for when his number was called again, I would think the coaches and Price get credit for that, no? Or is everything always just shit?

i would love to give them all the credit they are due for johnson price etc.. but the fact is they only reason you are seeing any of these players is because the people they think are best are hurt.  i just find it sad that 80% of the 1st stringers are out and burrow doesnt get sacked once.  actually i am happy about that,

but its sad this isnt because those in charge are trying to make the ol better, they only played them because they are all they had to play. 

4 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

i would love to give them all the credit they are due for johnson price etc.. but the fact is they only reason you are seeing any of these players is because the people they think are best are hurt.  i just find it sad that 80% of the 1st stringers are out and burrow doesnt get sacked once.  actually i am happy about that,

but its sad this isnt because those in charge are trying to make the ol better, they only played them because they are all they had to play. 

Yes the had to play them..

Sometimes that chance earns you a starting spot or at least more reps...

Archived