Building the Oline.....

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Spain didn't start the game.

At what point did he come in and why?

I did not realize he was in there until I saw his nameplate

on a scoreboard shot.

When the starting LG let Clowney go by for a free shot at Burrow early in the first quarter, he was pretty much kaput. Spain came in on the very next play and never looked back. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

When the starting LG let Clowney go by for a free shot at Burrow early in the first quarter, he was pretty much kaput. Spain came in on the very next play and never looked back. 

Was that Shaq Calhoun?

Tim McGee made a comment on the post game show that this group had such a good showing that the others should have to win their positions back or at least fight for them before the next game.

Billy Price earned a game ball not only for his performance but his take-charge leadership with the mostly raw line directing traffic, etc.

Maybe just me but I have real doubts about Mike Jordan's surprise last minute illness.  Maybe, but who knows.

We are now faced with the interesting quandary of who to start late Sunday afternoon after the bye.

Jonah, Hopkins, Hart and Jordan will all be available.

Billy Price played well enough that he has gone from low draft choice trade bait to incumbent starter.

Redmon is vulnerable with the addition of Spain and Finney and possibly Hopkins.  Only two can play.

Something iji played well enough to be in the picture at OT maybe replacing Hart outright or giving

consideration to moving Jonah to ORT.

Yeah, the Pittsburgh D line and Linebackers aren't the Titans but its nice to have options to the

rickroll up the middle.

39 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Tim McGee made a comment on the post game show that this group had such a good showing that the others should have to win their positions back or at least fight for them before the next game.

Billy Price earned a game ball not only for his performance but his take-charge leadership with the mostly raw line directing traffic, etc.

Maybe just me but I have real doubts about Mike Jordan's surprise last minute illness.  Maybe, but who knows.

We are now faced with the interesting quandary of who to start late Sunday afternoon after the bye.

Jonah, Hopkins, Hart and Jordan will all be available.

Billy Price played well enough that he has gone from low draft choice trade bait to incumbent starter.

Redmon is vulnerable with the addition of Spain and Finney and possibly Hopkins.  Only two can play.

Something iji played well enough to be in the picture at OT maybe replacing Hart outright or giving

consideration to moving Jonah to ORT.

Yeah, the Pittsburgh D line and Linebackers aren't the Titans but its nice to have options to the

rickroll up the middle.

Should be best man up, it is not like anyone other than Williams is a lock at this moment. We would like nothing better than Price outplaying Hopkins - we would be shocked but bring it on

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

You must've been at the game? No way can you notice that on TV.

26 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Should be best man up, it is not like anyone other than Williams is a lock at this moment. We would like nothing better than Price outplaying Hopkins - we would be shocked but bring it on

Stealers game is going to be a must see watching our Oline trying to contain their front 7..they come from anywhere ..so hard to pick up...

Their pressure makes it easier for the Dbacks to cover..

Bengals offensive system with these quick slants may keep the dogs at bay.

Not an easy task....

But fun watching it unfold..

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

You must've been at the game? No way can you notice that on TV.

Well I did on that one because I yelled "OH SHIT!!" while he was running by the LG untouched because I thought JB was going to get obliterated. Next play I saw big 67 in there and I didn't see another free run at the QB the rest of the game. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

I don't see how he would be ahead of Fred Johnson at RT in any event. He's backing up Jonah if Jonah can go. And for the first time in a long LONG time I feel like we have some T depth on this team. 

I tend to agree..

Adenijji showed something..

Good experience for him both mentally and the physical part..

All the practice and coaching 

is all good but Starting in a game is eye opening.

He knows what he has to do now to become better..

Ill go with Fred at RT for now..

Halfway point for the offensive line..

What a tumultuous ride!

Not one starter has stayed healthy which put our reserves in action..

Jonah played well (aside from Myles Garrett but who does with this beast of a DE?)..His techniques are a thing of beauty..Just has to get more familiar with different moves by the good DEs..Its coming though..

Big Q looks to be a good guard..

Not sure about Price yet but Hopkins is decent enough to fill in..

We NEED a. RG...big time..

With their 10th to 14th pick (assuming) grab Wyatt Davis of Ohio State..no flaws in his game 

other than experiece..Hes a plugin player..Ive heard OT Alex Leatherwoo of Bama mentioned...No...Davis is the real deal in the interior..Leatherwood isnt a gimme at tackle..

With the progress Hart has made they might sign him for 2 ir 3 more seasons..Theres worse ORT in the league..

Adenijji is a favorite of mine ..If Duke Manyweather says hes going to be a good one Im in..

The line with a couple good additions should make this offense Explosive for years..

40 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They’ve gotten better as a unit at least....although I suspect a lot of that is just Burrow figuring things out and calling the right protections. Either way, I’ll take it. 

I added some more to my last comment on oline.l

See if you agree or not..

What u say? 

Fred Johnson has played well at tackle since the Cleveland game.  He's filled the swing OT role and played both spots far more competently than he played at RG.  It'll be a real bummer if he can't play against Pittsburgh.  Hart has been better this season by and large, but I hope Fred runs away with the job.

I'm impressed with Spain, especially after how little time he had to prepare.  Price has also impressed since replacing Hopkins.  Maybe Billy should stick to center and maybe he's actually better than Trey.  I wouldn't be quick to bench either Spain or Price.  It's not like Jordan hadn't been struggling for much of the season.

Sua Filo was supposed to be back around now at RG.  It doesn't seem like that will happen so we are stuck with Redmond.  He's still inconsistent but he has played competently at times.  

Jonah is the LT if healthy.  Kudos to Johnson and Adeniji for stepping up when called upon.  I know people (T-Dub) had repeatedly questioned the depth behind Williams.  Unlike last year, the replacements have gotten the job done at LT and RT.

I'm as surprised as anyone by the performance last week with a line entirely composed of backups.  They also had to shuffle multiple spots against Cleveland due to injury.  In neither game did the offense fall apart due to the failure of the o-line.  It might be a case where the best players aren't always available or starting and it takes a few opportunities for everyone to see it.

11 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Fred Johnson has played well at tackle since the Cleveland game.  He's filled the swing OT role and played both spots far more competently than he played at RG.  It'll be a real bummer if he can't play against Pittsburgh.  Hart has been better this season by and large, but I hope Fred runs away with the job.

I'm impressed with Spain, especially after how little time he had to prepare.  Price has also impressed since replacing Hopkins.  Maybe Billy should stick to center and maybe he's actually better than Trey.  I wouldn't be quick to bench either Spain or Price.  It's not like Jordan hadn't been struggling for much of the season.

Sua Filo was supposed to be back around now at RG.  It doesn't seem like that will happen so we are stuck with Redmond.  He's still inconsistent but he has played competently at times.  

Jonah is the LT if healthy.  Kudos to Johnson and Adeniji for stepping up when called upon.  I know people (T-Dub) had repeatedly questioned the depth behind Williams.  Unlike last year, the replacements have gotten the job done at LT and RT.

I'm as surprised as anyone by the performance last week with a line entirely composed of backups.  They also had to shuffle multiple spots against Cleveland due to injury.  In neither game did the offense fall apart due to the failure of the o-line.  It might be a case where the best players aren't always available or starting and it takes a few opportunities for everyone to see it.

If the backups hold up against Watt I will be impressed.  I really don't want to see Fred Johnson lined up across from Watt.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:12 PM, claptonrocks said:

With their 10th to 14th pick (assuming) grab Wyatt Davis of Ohio State..no flaws in his game 

other than experiece..Hes a plugin player..Ive heard OT Alex Leatherwoo of Bama mentioned...No...Davis is the real deal in the interior..Leatherwood isnt a gimme at tackle..

Draftwire doesn't even have Wyatt Davis listed in its Top 25, much less a 1st Round pick.

2021 NFL Draft Offensive Linemen

Archived