Building the Oline.....

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

The Buckeye love is strong on this board.

And in MikeandPumpkin's office.

And if the draft were held today, we'd pick 8th

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/10/cincinnati-bengals-updated-2021-nfl-draft-order-bye-week/

Wasted away again in Mediocrityville...

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Good point.

https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-Offensive-Guards-2021-NFL-Draft.asp

Still, that would be a reach so early in the draft. 

Yes he'd be a reach ..

Hes the Best interior lineman in the draft..

Compared to David Decastro who the Stealers drafted at #24..

Yes hes too high ..

Watch the Stealers nab him.

So here we are facing the Biggest challenge of the season..

That defense is good and physical.

With all the starters back aside from Hart theyll go with them..

Looks to be ..

LT Williams..

LG Jordan.....why?..

C...Hopkins..

RG.XSF..

RT..Adenijji..never played on the right side.

Does this lineup make any sense right here and now???..

Oline unit is like chess..

Move your pieces to strengthen the unit as a Whole.

That projected lineup does not imo

I see a lineup of 

LT....Jonah..my man the blindside bodyguard.

LG....XSF......hes a Pass protecter ..not a right powerside run brawler..

Both Jonah and Xavier rely on technique to protect their QB..

Good combo imo..

Hopkins ir Price?

Trey signed a 3 yr contract to start..

Its his job to lose..

Doubt he will..

RG...Big Q...6'4 335lbs . can push a defender outta the way in the power run game..

RT..Adenijji with Hart or Johnson out..

Hes never played right side. Ever..

Big task for the young one..

With Big Q on that side with him I think they form a good tandem..

Q and Aden...stick em side by side and they may bond inti a very good duo..

On 11/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, High School Harry said:

I'm thinking they may have to trade up to get a blue chipper rather than a project with potential.

Theyre drafting at 7 right now..

I want Wyatt Davis at G but it's too much of a reach there.... At 12-15. I'd take him to help the interior with Spain and Hopkins ...

With 7th pick they may look at Patrick Surtain ..hes a blue chip corner opposite Jackson..

Any farther down than 10 they should think about bolstering the interior oline..

Hart and Jonah with Adenijji and Johnson as backup tackles looks decent..

Spain and another good OG would elevate this offense to a higher level..

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Theyre drafting at 7 right now..

I want Wyatt Davis at G but it's too much of a reach there.... At 12-15. I'd take him to help the interior with Spain and Hopkins ...

With 7th pick they may look at Patrick Surtain ..hes a blue chip corner opposite Jackson..

Any farther down than 10 they should think about bolstering the interior oline..

Hart and Jonah with Adenijji and Johnson as backup tackles looks decent..

Spain and another good OG would elevate this offense to a higher level..

We might have a chance at Sewell at 7. He's not playing this year, resting on his Outland laurels. By the time the combine process comes around next year, he may be out of shape or less sharp and fall a bit compared to the hot new thing whomever that turns out to be. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

We might have a chance at Sewell at 7. He's not playing this year, resting on his Outland laurels. By the time the combine process comes around next year, he may be out of shape or less sharp and fall a bit compared to the hot new thing whomever that turns out to be. 

So this will be a Suck for Sewell year.

Some of our games this year are winnable which could screw us up for the draft.

We are actually slight favorites for Sunday at Washington.

Giants, Miami Tuafish, and Cowboinks all winnable, too.

Joe tried to do too much the second half Sunday but that guy keeps

learning and improving.

Amazingly, the jerry rigged O Line is improving and Jonah and X-Facror S'ua-Filo are due back.

Writing off the Squeels and Ratbirds but anything is possible.

I do not want the Ohio State guard that high.

Wonder what other OTs are out there or DLinemen or even a killer Linebacker that

we have not had since O'D Thurman's brief sighting and LeClaire before him with a bunch

of daisies named Dehani in between.

I'm looking for a Marvinline middle of the pack pick for the next member of the All Meh Team.

I think at this point the DL overrides the needs on the OL unless they can somehow sign a premier playmaker in FA...which we all know is highly unlikely. Right now their defense consists of Jessie Bates running around and putting out fires everywhere he can...that's pretty much it. That absolutely has to change going forward or it doesn't make any difference who they put around Burrow, he'll need to score 40 a game just to break even. 

The Packers just signed OLT David Bachtiari to a 4yr extension for $105mil !!

He is a top 5 tackle in the league but damn is this going to rollover on other teams olinemen contracts now..

How much will Hart want if they try to resign him?

BFITO mentioned signing Big Q and I fully agree..

Hes our best guard now but what will he ask after seeing Bachtiari deal??

Drafting a very good prospect along the Oline is necessary now..Maybe not round 1 due to needing a big playmaker on defense  but very early ..

On 11/17/2020 at 1:49 PM, High School Harry said:

So this will be a Suck for Sewell year.

Some of our games this year are winnable which could screw us up for the draft.

We are actually slight favorites for Sunday at Washington.

Giants, Miami Tuafish, and Cowboinks all winnable, too.

Joe tried to do too much the second half Sunday but that guy keeps

learning and improving.

Amazingly, the jerry rigged O Line is improving and Jonah and X-Facror S'ua-Filo are due back.

Writing off the Squeels and Ratbirds but anything is possible.

I do not want the Ohio State guard that high.

Wonder what other OTs are out there or DLinemen or even a killer Linebacker that

we have not had since O'D Thurman's brief sighting and LeClaire before him with a bunch

of daisies named Dehani in between.

I'm looking for a Marvinline middle of the pack pick for the next member of the All Meh Team.

Theres OT Sam Cosmi ..hes big and a good protector..Needs more weight on him.6'7 310lbs..

I see LB Micah Parsons going in top 7 so thars a thought..

TE Kyle Pitts is scorching up the draft boards..6'6 240lbs..huge catch radius.

If LB Dylan Moses has recovered from injury he could be a good one..top 15-20 pick but we need backers..

22 hours ago, spicoli said:

I think at this point the DL overrides the needs on the OL unless they can somehow sign a premier playmaker in FA...which we all know is highly unlikely. Right now their defense consists of Jessie Bates running around and putting out fires everywhere he can...that's pretty much it. That absolutely has to change going forward or it doesn't make any difference who they put around Burrow, he'll need to score 40 a game just to break even. 

I disagree strongly with this. Keeping Burrow alive and intact is job # 1, 2, and 3. Sure, we also need defensive improvements but letting Burrow take shot after shot will shorten his career and should shorten Duke Tobin's as well (but won't).

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I disagree strongly with this. Keeping Burrow alive and intact is job # 1, 2, and 3. Sure, we also need defensive improvements but letting Burrow take shot after shot will shorten his career and should shorten Duke Tobin's as well (but won't).

Hey Im all for that..

Do we need pass rushers? Oh yes.

A TE or speed wideout would help alot..

The Top Priority is building an Oline that first protects him but also is a hammer in the run game to balance their attack..

They're not losing games because of their OL. They're losing games because the defense is a sieve. It's going to be a lot easier for them to fill holes on the OL in FA than it is for them to find bigtime playmakers for that defense.

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They're not losing games because of their OL. They're losing games because the defense is a sieve. It's going to be a lot easier for them to fill holes on the OL in FA than it is for them to find bigtime playmakers for that defense.

They won't even look for a RT in FA, Toy Blackburn has made that clear. Hart is a bad option except as a backup. The best place to find OL is in the draft but we are probably the worst team in the league drafting that spot. 

Bobby Hart hasn't even played in 3 weeks. Time to get over your obsession. 

If anything, they won't go after a RT because they believe Adeniji is the future at that spot going forward. Besides that, I'd be much more concerned about fixing the G spots than the OT's.

31 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

They won't even look for a RT in FA, Toy Blackburn has made that clear. Hart is a bad option except as a backup. The best place to find OL is in the draft but we are probably the worst team in the league drafting that spot. 

I cant believe anyone on here would build a house on a shoddy foundation..

Oline is the foundation..

9 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Bobby Hart hasn't even played in 3 weeks. Time to get over your obsession. 

If anything, they won't go after a RT because they believe Adeniji is the future at that spot going forward. Besides that, I'd be much more concerned about fixing the G spots than the OT's.

Ditto on the guard spot..Big Q and another good one ..

Disagree about Adenijji on right side though..

I think theyre grooming him on the left side be it guard or tackle..

I know Jonah is the man at LT but Adenijji is so mobile out there you wonder if they might think about using him at LT and moving Jonah.ti RT..

Just a crazy thought..

Archived