Building the Oline.....

On 11/18/2020 at 10:37 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Yup. PB knew that but MB di not pick up on that rather important and obvious piece of info. There are no Ferrari's in the trenches

MB is stuck with this outdated notion that certain positions can only make so much money, see Eric Zeitler...MB let quality players leave because he didn't want to pay a guard what the market dictates. 

It's a small minded way of doing business, why pay a QB, RB, and WR a combined $200 million but not invest in protecting those players... it's a strategy that obviously doesn't work.

8 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

MB is stuck with this outdated notion that certain positions can only make so much money, see Eric Zeitler...MB let quality players leave because he didn't want to pay a guard what the market dictates. 

It's a small minded way of doing business, why pay a QB, RB, and WR a combined $200 million but not invest in protecting those players... it's a strategy that obviously doesn't work.

Agreed. Letting Zeigler walk when Fisher and Ced O had shown little sign of being NFL quality players was stupid.  The entire o line became trash in the space of 1 day with Whit leaving too. 

BTW, Ced O played last night when the Seahawk’s RT went down.  He is still terrible. 

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Agreed. Letting Zeigler walk when Fisher and Ced O had shown little sign of being NFL quality players was stupid.  The entire o line became trash in the space of 1 day with Whit leaving too. 

BTW, Ced O played last night when the Seahawk’s RT went down.  He is still terrible. 

Ced O performs like a backup to a backup!.

What do you think about our starting oline against Washington?

I think they go with Jonah-Jordan-Hopkins-Q and Bobby..

Wish theyd stick Adenijji at LG but they see something in Jordan i dont..

On 11/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, claptonrocks said:

Ced O performs like a backup to a backup!.

What do you think about our starting oline against Washington?

I think they go with Jonah-Jordan-Hopkins-Q and Bobby..

Wish theyd stick Adenijji at LG but they see something in Jordan i dont..

I am sure they will do ok against a bad team like WFT, it’s how they fool us into thinking maybe there is hope.  

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

I am sure they will do ok against a bad team like WFT, it’s how they fool us into thinking maybe there is hope.  

WFT has one of the best pass defenses in the league.  They average more than 3 sacks per game.  Might not be so rosy today.

I thought the Oline played a very solid first half both run and pass..

Lil Gio squeezing thru those gaps between Q and Trey..

Adenijji was holding back the freak Young as good as can be expected.

The missed XP field goal and fumble was huge..

Could have been a nice lead with everyone pumped up..

2nd half Adenijji was getting schooled by Young or Sweat...credit Washington for that..relentless charge.

JB goes down and the air is outta the ballon...sucked dry..

Sad.

11 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

The biggest indictment of this coaching staff and OL in general is that our best LG, RG and RT are all the same guy - Quinton Spain. 

It seems Adenijii just can't get himself trained to work the right side, so I guess he's just a lifetime backup LT unless they trade him.

I think your right about Spain..

Isnt that Adenijjis first time on the right side?..

Against Chase Young?..Then Sweat?

What were you hoping for otta the kid?

32 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I think your right about Spain..

Isnt that Adenijjis first time on the right side?..

Against Chase Young?..Then Sweat?

What were you hoping for otta the kid?

Second time I believe, IIRC he came into a game there once already?

He just can't play RT like the can LT, that's all.  

9 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Second time I believe, IIRC he came into a game there once already?

He just can't play RT like the can LT, that's all.  

Hes been groomed as an LT befire coming here..

Hes been in 3 games..

Maybe at LG once he gets stronger..

Give em some time..

On 11/23/2020 at 11:27 AM, spicoli said:

Well at least we're solid at LT.

So all we have to do is upgrade 4 spots in one off-season lol.

The fact that rookie 6th rounder Adeniji, who has played every line position except center I think,  scored near 60 is actually kind of impressive.  

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

The fact that rookie 6th rounder Adeniji, who has played every line position except center I think,  scored near 60 is actually kind of impressive.  

Yeah it was..playing next to Jordan must be a task in itself..

The kid isnt getting much technical training under Turner..

One could only imagine what a good oline coach could do with this bunch..sad..

Been reading OL guru Duke Manyweather and his seminar  for olinemen..

He breaks down fundamentals of fundamentals..

Two Bengals have gone thru his camp.

Jonah and Hakeem..

Both learned much by other top linemens in the art of techniques..

Many other training methods too deep to explain..

Manyweather believes oline coaches dont teach techniques but just scheme play too much now..

Thet arent being trained in their craft very good..actually poor..

Turner is the lowest at this..

He believes bigger the better and not

much into training these players technically..

He isnt equipped to do it..old school isnt getting it now..

All olinemen on this team need to go to Manyweathers camp this offseason..

Trouble is limit capacity..I think he takes only 25-30 each seminar..

He looks for ones that have the capacity to improve greatly and be a productive lineman in the league..

Turner is hindering their improvement technically mentally and draining the spirit out if them..

He has to go...

By drafting Sewell the team may have two competent bookends with Jonah as well..

I vision Adenijji at LG and Big Q at RG with Trey at center next year..

The Problem is coaching them up..

Bill Callahan could do this...

Its said that his teaching techniques to the linemen boosts their level of  play..

We need him..

With Brian as our OC I could see him coming here with the the talent but raw line we have..

Turner has to go!!!!

20 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We won't get Callahan in here. Cleveland won't release him from his contract. If the Bengals wanted him, they could have had him this past offseason.  

The good news is that there will be firings by other teams and lots of O-line coaches are better than Turner.

Yeah but do they know Mike Sherman, that's the qualifications for coaching on Taylor's staff...that and will you work for cheap and don't really care about winning. 

Every time I think of the Oline problems I think of the Bengals letting Whit walk.  While declining some now he is still one of the best in the league.  I think it was Troy Blackburn (who seemed to have disappeared) that said the Bengals didnt value him that high any more, but I figure the Bengals have spent at least double his salary on trying to find his replacement. 

12 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Every time I think of the Oline problems I think of the Bengals letting Whit walk.  While declining some now he is still one of the best in the league.  I think it was Troy Blackburn (who seemed to have disappeared) that said the Bengals didnt value him that high any more, but I figure the Bengals have spent at least double his salary on trying to find his replacement. 

Wasn't he the same guy that was defending the Bobby Hart signing?

Hopefully the Blackburn's won't be so resistant to outsourcing the football operations.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Wasn't he the same guy that was defending the Bobby Hart signing?

Hopefully the Blackburn's won't be so resistant to outsourcing the football operations.

Every time I see Troy Blackburn's name in any sort of reference or relationship to the Cincinnati Bengals football organization it boggles my mind.  He has less than zero knowledge of anything about anything connected with the game and business structure.  He wouldn't know a chop block from chop suey.  All he did was marry the boss's daughter and granddaughter.  Katie, yeah.  Shrewd business woman and negotiator.  And we know she will be running the show one day anyway.  

But Troy.... ???

Archived