Sirius Interviews

As most of you know the NFL Combine starts this week and the SIRIUS NFL Channel is up in Indy. I thought I's post some highlights of interviews concerning the Bengals:

DUKE TOBIN:

The interview leads one to be very surprised if Joe is not the pick and it seems they aren't entertaining trading

Seem very open to trading back in rounds 2 and 4

Drafting a QB and keeping Andy is an option and it won't be motivated by finance

Andy's "feelings" do play a role

Said they are constantly communicating with Andy and his agent. (Tea leaves suggest they are letting him reach out to other teams to garner interest)

No timeline is set for anything

Says he has never answered more questions about someone whom he has never talked to face to face (Burrow)

Will meet with Burrow tomorrow (2/26/20)

TUA

Calls himself "very bionic"

Says surgeries were chosen over rehab to get back on field quicker. Docs also told him they were better for longevity

Had MRI yesterday. Expects "medical clearance" March 9 and Pro Day April 9

Will have individual workouts after Pro Day

Says media got carried away with him admitting to growing up a Cowboys fan. His dogs are named Dallas and Star; it's just being honest

Earliest memories of Cowboys were with Testeverde as QB and had no idea who Cher is (dang I'm getting old)

Asked about tanking for Tua and now most likely not being number 1OA. Says all he can do is be honest to teams that interview him to insure they are getting what they expect

Brady Quinn as him what he was doing now and he said "rehabbing", we Brady as for details like...are you running,....are you throwing....are you cutting...he didn't answer and simply said "I'm doing what they tell me". Leads me to believe the answer is no

HERBERT

He was interviewed this AM but I missed it, will update if they rebroadcast

BURROW

Complete press conference will be aired at 15:00 (3 pm for you civilians) today (2/25/20)

I'll update some as I hear them/find relevance and ask anyone also with the channel to do likelwise.

BURROW

First of all it was one of the most impressive interviews I've heard. I'm sure we're going to be getting all kinds of offers after teams talk to him and I hope we shut them all down.

Hand size. Unlike many on here he understands it's an issue, but one he mitigates by keeping both hands on the ball in the pocket. This was perhaps the best answer he gave, He could have easily said "It doesn't matter" but he understands it does and knows how to correct it

Bengals. Said he hasn't came right out and said "I'd love to play for the Bengals" because he respects the Bengals choice in the matter and doesn't presume he'll go 1OA. Will absolutely play for the Bengals if drafted. Said he may not have handled as well as he could, Jim Mills said he handled it pefectly.

Not participating at combine. Says now that he's here he looks at other QBs and wants to see how he'd "stack up" against them. But he said they just got too much of a head start preparing for the combine as he was busy winning a National Championship

Transfer. Seriously considered going to OU to plat both Football and Basketball (apparently a very good PG), but Coach O from LSU wouldn't stop. Kept talking to his brother saying "We got to get him down here"

On being a team leader. Just keep your head down and keep grinding until the others recognize it

Idol. Drew Brees, grew up idolizing him and watched a lot of his game tape because of the Joe Brady connection

Protection. Loves 5 man, doesn't want the TE and RB to help because it invites blitz and takes them away as a passing option. Loves 5 man and when defenses try to blitz it. Says he gets them on the pre-snap read, Talked LSU into going into 5 man once he earned trust

DANIEL JEREMIAH (Former NFL Scout)

Won't let the Burrow "won't play" BS die. Says Burrow should say 'I'd love to play for the Bengals"

Trashed the Bengals personnel department. Haven't selected a Pro Bowl player since 2013. It's OK to be quite in FA if you draft well but we don't do either

Said Carson Palmer was the most talented QB he's been around (named Drew Brees as lesser) but was put in a terrible position

Likes Jordan Love over Justin Herbert

Sleeper: JJ Taylor (RB/ASU) 6th Rd

49 minutes ago, bfine said:

DANIEL JEREMIAH (Former NFL Scout)

Won't let the Burrow "won't play" BS die. Says Burrow should say 'I'd love to play for the Bengals"

Trashed the Bengals personnel department. Haven't selected a Pro Bowl player since 2013. It's OK to be quite in FA if you draft well but we don't do either

Said Carson Palmer was the most talented QB he's been around (named Drew Brees as lesser) but was put in a terrible position

Likes Jordan Love over Justin Herbert

Sleeper: JJ Taylor (RB/ASU) 6th Rd

Tks so much gor udates..

My take on Palmer was the if you drew up the perfect QB based on physical

traits he

fit the bill..

Leadership not so much..

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Tks so much gor udates..

My take on Palmer was the if you drew up the perfect QB based on physical

traits he

fit the bill..

Leadership not so much..

I remember when CP9 first came out and the dude posted this brain study:

https://braintypes.com/carson-palmer/

Folks on the old Jungle Noise were mad. Looking back dude pretty much nailed it. 

CHASE YOUNG

“That first day of camp, when I step on the field, I want to be the best player I can be,” Young said. “I don’t want to waste time trying to be a combine athlete. When I step on the field, I need to know I put my best foot forward at being the best player I can be.”

Sort of a slap in the face to the young men out there

Archived