POTUS 2020

bfine

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't expect an answer on this but had Obama done what Trump did with regard to this Ukraine stuff and the amount of lying, would you have been upset about it @BengalBacker?

I would have been.

Aw, let him alone man :D

Either he's Trump til Death & nothing will ever change his mind, or he's already changed it and doesn't need you rubbing his nose in it.  We should be encouraging people to change their minds, not berating them for it.

No offense intended but it's counterproductive either way.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:24 PM, T-Dub said:

Aw, let him alone man :D

Either he's Trump til Death & nothing will ever change his mind, or he's already changed it and doesn't need you rubbing his nose in it.  We should be encouraging people to change their minds, not berating them for it.

No offense intended but it's counterproductive either way.

Not rubbing anyone's nose in it. Genuinely concerned for the state of our republic and our ability to keep checks and balances.

15 hours ago, bfine said:

You guys still sure Bernie will be the next POTUS? 

Nope and I'm less sure Biden will be. I'm convinced he has dementia and choosing him is going to ensure Trump 4 more years.

Trump is a moron who thinks Windmills cause cancer. I'm not even sure Biden knows where he is at half the time.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Nope and I'm less sure Biden will be. I'm convinced he has dementia and choosing him is going to ensure Trump 4 more years.

Trump is a moron who thinks Windmills cause cancer. I'm not even sure Biden knows where he is at half the time.

I agree it is a sad state of affairs. As I said; as a conservative I was hoping someone viable would challenge Trump in the GOP or one of the more central Dems would get the nod. Biden is pretty central, but I'm sure he has a touch of Alzheimer. Who knows maybe someone like Rand Paul will realize he's actually a Libertarian and throw his name in the hat. 

3 hours ago, bfine said:

I agree it is a sad state of affairs. As I said; as a conservative I was hoping someone viable would challenge Trump in the GOP or one of the more central Dems would get the nod. Biden is pretty central, but I'm sure he has a touch of Alzheimer. Who knows maybe someone like Rand Paul will realize he's actually a Libertarian and throw his name in the hat. 

Hard pass on anything libertarian.

What's a little dementia when we're talking about challenging a guy who praised the brave soldiers that captured the airfields in the Revolutionary War.  Like if Biden gets nominated suddenly there are standards?  Their debates can be which one is first to get a pickle out of the jar without getting their hand stuck.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:28 PM, Jamie_B said:

Hard pass on anything libertarian.

A libertarian to me is the sort of rugged individualist that thinks your house should burn down if you can't afford the fire service but also yells at drive-thru workers if they are out of Pepsi.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

A libertarian to me is the sort of rugged individualist that thinks your house should burn down if you can't afford the fire service but also yells at drive-thru workers if they are out of Pepsi.

I am of the firm belief that they have created a whole alternate reality that has no basis in fact, that allows them to believe the things they believe.  And when you push and challenge them on those beliefs it ALWAYS reverts to "I don't want my taxes to go to that poor person."

On 3/11/2020 at 7:49 PM, T-Dub said:

What's a little dementia when we're talking about challenging a guy who praised the brave soldiers that captured the airfields in the Revolutionary War.  Like if Biden gets nominated suddenly there are standards?  Their debates can be which one is first to get a pickle out of the jar without getting their hand stuck.

ha ha.. no shit

the asshole in there now is about the most incompetent person to be in charge of anything.

It couldn't get any worse.

People seem to like Reagan, the last president we had who had dementia in office. Just have to be smart about it - like that whole Jelly Belly fixation. The signs that something wasn't right in that man's head were all there - a grown man obsessed with jelly beans, talking about that shit all the time..more than a little weird. But his handlers played it off as just an old man's eccentricity and it becomes part of the charm.

Hell, play your cards right and you can use it to your advantage, like how claiming stupidity kept that old lying sack of shit Reagan out of jail for the Iran-Contra affair.

On 3/17/2020 at 11:14 PM, bfine said:

Biden swept tonight. (ARZ, ILL, FLA). Keep feeling the Bern. 

Not sure it's going to matter with Cheeto Benito already calling himself a "wartime President".   Pretty clear what he's thinking.

Quite the 180 from the virus being a Democrat hoax a month ago.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Not sure it's going to matter with Cheeto Benito already calling himself a "wartime President".   Pretty clear what he's thinking.

Quite the 180 from the virus being a Democrat hoax a month ago.

Seems you keep arguing against a point never made. My original point in this thread was that the Dems are pissing away the election and nothing has really changed that to date. Much like you, the Left and their candidate(s) continue to make the race about Trump instead of what they can do.

1 minute ago, bfine said:

Seems you keep arguing against a point never made. My original point in this thread was that the Dems are pissing away the election and nothing has really changed that to date.

The Dems are pissing away the election because Biden is an overwhelmingly more popular candidate?  I don't follow.

21 hours ago, bfine said:

Whose #1 policy is "I can beat Trump". 

Follow yet?

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

This is my chief complaint about the establishment Dems.

Running on a "At least I'm not Trump" campaign as opposed to having any ideas is gonna hurt them.

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Running on a "At least I'm not Trump" campaign as opposed to having any ideas is gonna hurt them.

I'm not so sure,  It's the one thing everyone can agree on.  I would've preferred Warren FWIW but the DNC pretty clearly made their decision months ago.  

If they do manage to lose another election to the most unqualified candidate possibly ever I can only hope the party splits. 

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think so?  Point being that Trump is so totally & comically inept that removing his ignorant ass is more important than policy in this election?

You are your own worse enemy and don't even know it.

Remember when "hate' used to be a "conservative" trait?

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Exactly. My politics are about as far away from Bernie's as you can get, but he did stress policies.

He may be doing so to a point of hurting the Dems; instead of folding tent and falling in line; he's battling to try to get the party's ideals to slant more left.

Archived