POTUS 2020

bfine

7 minutes ago, bfine said:

Exactly. My politics are about as far away from Bernie's as you can get, but he did stress policies.

He may be doing so to a point of hurting the Dems; instead of folding tent and falling in line; he's battling to try to get the party's ideals to slant more left.

If this Covid-19 crisis carries into the summer the kinds of policies we will need to recover will make Bernie look quaint. 

4 hours ago, bfine said:

You are your own worse enemy and don't even know it.

Remember when "hate' used to be a "conservative" trait?

I have no idea what you're talking about.   That's okay though because I'm pretty sure you don't either.

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

If this Covid-19 crisis carries into the summer the kinds of policies we will need to recover will make Bernie look quaint. 

Imagine where we'd be if the POTUS took it seriously & wasn't calling it a Democrat hoax as recently as 3 weeks ago.   Had to give his handlers time to sell off their stocks though.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Imagine where we'd be if the POTUS took it seriously & wasn't calling it a Democrat hoax as recently as 3 weeks ago.   Had to give his handlers time to sell off their stocks though.

3 weeks? They've known about this since Janurary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/2020/03/20/299d8cda-6ad5-11ea-b5f1-a5a804158597_story.html?fbclid=IwAR3R35qj-3nNHHg-WI4S0JHEWixdc347bkCASG1ygRppaZC9vBpkhnDOWnU

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

3 weeks? They've known about this since Janurary.

December at least, but up until 3 weeks ago the Dotard in Chief was still calling it a hoax that was meant to make him look bad.  Obviously everything ever is about him in some way, but his own actions have nothing to do with how he's perceived.  IT"S NOT FAIR!  😭

So now thousands of Americans will die so the Trumpanzees can "Stick it to the Libs" or whatever-the-fuck they tell themselves.  Hope it was worth it!

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

So now thousands of Americans will die so the Trumpanzees can "Stick it to the Libs" or whatever-the-fuck they tell themselves.  Hope it was worth it!

Well, except that it's mostly old people (i.e. lots of trump voters) who are going to die.  🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, bfine said:

Remember when he was racist for implementing a travel ban to China?

No, I remember that he is racist because he is racist.  Do you need me to list examples so you can what-about them individually or can we skip your cultish apologia?

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No, I remember that he is racist because he is racist.  Do you need me to list examples so you can what-about them individually or can we skip your cultish apologia?

So you don't remember folks calling him racist for banning travel to China? Hell, it wasn't that long ago, Short or selective memory perhaps. 

WTS, the point is: Folks that don't like Trump will look for anything to condemn him. They don't have answers mind you, they just know he's doing it wrong.

As to cultish apologia: you've got me confused with someone else. Donald Trump is a terrible human being. I just try to look at things through a rational lens. 

5 minutes ago, bfine said:

So you don't remember folks calling him racist for banning travel to China? Hell, it wasn't that long ago, Short or selective memory perhaps. 

WTS, the point is: Folks that don't like Trump will look for anything to condemn him. They don't have answers mind you, they just know he's doing it wrong.

As to cultish apologia: you've got me confused with someone else. Donald Trump is a terrible human being. I just try to look at things through a rational lens. 

Ah yes, the Enlightened Centrist.  How shocking.

tumblr_or7nfqGZJK1r7w78fo1_400.jpg

zw92je9w3o221.png

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Ah yes, the Enlightened Centrist.  How shocking.

tumblr_or7nfqGZJK1r7w78fo1_400.jpg

zw92je9w3o221.png

You just kinda make things up don't you? In a rational discussion with Jamie, I freely mentioned I am conservative and couldn't disagree more with many of Bernie's policies, but I applauded his conviction. I have never claimed to be a centralist.

You might not believe this but it is possible to be left or right and still be rational. 

1 hour ago, bfine said:

Remember when he was racist for implementing a travel ban to China?

I don't think it was the China thing so much as the Muslim ban, or the children in cages, or the dog whistles to white nationalists.  Plenty of examples predating this.

48 minutes ago, bfine said:

You just kinda make things up don't you? In a rational discussion with Jamie, I freely mentioned I am conservative and couldn't disagree more with many of Bernie's policies, but I applauded his conviction. I have never claimed to be a centralist.

You might not believe this but it is possible to be left or right and still be rational. 

I would say that left/right aren't really an accurate way of describing anyone.  It really varies too much from one topic to the next.  Authoritarian/Libertarian is the popular axis that I've seen but that doesn't seem terribly accurate either. 

Anyway, for someone that doesn't support Trump you sure seem determined in defending him. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't think it was the China thing so much as the Muslim ban, or the children in cages, or the dog whistles to white nationalists.  Plenty of examples predating this.

He's made avowed white supremacists part of his cabinet & staff.  It's not really a dogwhistle, it's overt.

24 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Of course none of that changes the fact that there were those calling Trump racist for his China travel ban. 

The "children in cages" thing was great fun too. Especially the staged photos and the ones taken during the Obama administration. 

No doubt many of his policies are divisive and many will simply dismiss them as racist as opposed to actually considering any merit they may have.

FWIW, in my opinion, the most racist thing Trump has done during his Presidency is when he questioned the Indiana Judge because of his heritage. 

17 minutes ago, bfine said:

Of course none of that changes the fact that there were those calling Trump racist for his China travel ban. 

The "children in cages" thing was great fun too. Especially the staged photos and the ones taken during the Obama administration. 

No doubt many of his policies are divisive and many will simply dismiss them as racist as opposed to actually considering any merit they may have.

FWIW, in my opinion, the most racist thing Trump has done during his Presidency is when he questioned the Indiana Judge because of his heritage. 

I would say appointing Steve Bannon as Chief Strategist or the "go back where they came from" remark top the list.  It's a long list.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

No leader..no vision..mixed up minds..

Dems are lost right now..

I think the DNC is just fine with this.  They keep control away from progressive elements in the party, even though they won't win the general election.

Archived