POTUS 2020

bfine

On 6/16/2020 at 10:09 PM, Gary said:

I'm going to stick with Trump. My taxes went WAY down, and the economy (before pandemic) is going to allow me to most likely retire in 5 years. My 401k never hit 10% under Obama, and then with Trump it was never below 17% gain per year. Biden is a joke as well. Democrats are pretty dang racist too so that will be a no from me. They keep trying to segregate everyone, and that's not how to fix things.  We need to be together. Not to mention during Covid the democrats were still talking about impeachment, and some democrats said it's ok to socialize up to April when they realized they were wrong.  And democrats have gone batshit crazy!!!! Impeachment was a hoax, Russia was a hoax, that stupid dossier where they approved wiretaps from was not accurate in the least. I actually used to be a democrat until I saw how they acted over 2016, and being a white male, they don't even want me in their party. 

Politics suck, so I am basing it on my 401k in the last 3 years. 23% / 21% / 17% in 2017/2018/2019. 2020 so far it's back to 0% so I don't expect much this year. IT was at -10% in April and I got back about 10% so it's all good.  I was thinking 401k growth was supposed to be about 5-10% per year, then Trump got in office..  It's a great time for 401ks people! Democrat will crash the markets. 

You were going to stick with Drumf regardless.  He hates the same shit you do.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/politics/trump-delay-election-no-authority/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump explicitly floated delaying November's presidential election on Thursday, lending extraordinary voice to persistent concerns that he would seek to circumvent voting in a contest where he currently trails his opponent by double digits.

Trump has no authority to delay an election, and the Constitution gives Congress the power to set the date for voting.
But in his tweet on Thursday morning -- coming 96 days before the election and minutes after the federal government reported the worst economic contraction in recorded history -- Trump offered the suggestion because he claimed without evidence the contest will be flawed.
"With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA," he wrote. "Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"

On 7/30/2020 at 10:10 AM, Go Skins said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/politics/trump-delay-election-no-authority/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump explicitly floated delaying November's presidential election on Thursday, lending extraordinary voice to persistent concerns that he would seek to circumvent voting in a contest where he currently trails his opponent by double digits.

Trump has no authority to delay an election, and the Constitution gives Congress the power to set the date for voting.
But in his tweet on Thursday morning -- coming 96 days before the election and minutes after the federal government reported the worst economic contraction in recorded history -- Trump offered the suggestion because he claimed without evidence the contest will be flawed.
"With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA," he wrote. "Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"

ha ha ha.. That fucking cunt being the president of the united states is the greatest embarrassment in the history of the United States

13 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I think Trumpo will either be re-electe

13 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Oh, and I won't be voting...again. 

There is a connection here.

Sure Biden is kinda shitty but Trump is on a whole other level.  I'd legit vote to pull a name out of a hat instead of a 2nd term of this white supremacist grifter dipshit.  Really easy choice for me even though I'm no fan of Biden.  He's a sleazy career politician but I'll take that over a rabid fascist man-child 11 times out of 10.   There's really no comparison in my mind, you're not going to convince me that Biden is "just as bad".

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-vows-legal-action-over-nevada-mail-in-voting-plan

President Trump on Monday morning threatened legal action over a bill passed by the Nevada legislature to send mail-in ballots to all voters ahead of the Nov. 3 presidential election.

The legislature on Sunday pushed through the bill despite objections from Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske, the only statewide Republican elected official, on a party-line vote. It would give Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak the power to command the secretary of state to adjust election procedures during a state of emergency.

The bill also expands who can turn in ballots, a provision many Republicans in the state said could open the door for ballot harvesting.

"In an illegal late night coup, Nevada’s clubhouse Governor made it impossible for Republicans to win the state," Trump said in a tweet Monday. "Post Office could never handle the Traffic of Mail-In Votes without preparation. Using Covid to steal the state. See you in Court!"

Get back in the basement and shut up:

“Yes,” Biden said when NPR’s Lulu Garcia-Navarro asked if he’d “reengage with Cuba” on the topic. “And by the way,” he continued, “

what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things. You go to Florida, and you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you’re in Arizona.”

The only chance Biden has to win in NOV is just hide until NOV 4 and let others poke holes in Trump. 

On 8/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, bfine said:

Get back in the basement and shut up:

The only chance Biden has to win in NOV is just hide until NOV 4 and let others poke holes in Trump. 

Kind of agree TBH, it's amazing that the DNC has potentially found not one, but two different candidates that could lose an election to a self-absorbed racist despot wanna-be dictator.

If they actually do lose this election they should probably just hang it up and let the progressive wing of the party take over.   Being stooges of the same oligarchs makes them incredibly vulnerable to this sort of populist demagoguery.   

Although, frankly speaking? If Trump wins this election I have my doubts that we'll see another one in 2024.

If ever there was a viable candidate to challenge the 2 party system; this would be the time.  I'd love to see a moderate from each party combine on a ticket. Maybe a Romney/Klobachar ticket. But alas I am dreaming. It's all bout the Benjamins.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Biden and Harris are both Moderates?

Harris was a moderate. She currently supports the Green New Deal and Medicare for All (unless she changed again after receiving the VP nod) those are far from moderate measures . Cali's former "Top Cop' has went from We need more policing to we need less.

Now don't get it twisted. Biden and Harris is about the best a conservative can hope for from the DNC, but Harris and Biden will go whichever way the party tells them. It's why I said it would be a great time for a 3rd option.

She co-signed on Bernie's M4A bill and then during the primary backed off and said she doesn't support M4A.

It's why I can't stand her. She doesn't actually believe in anything other than a craven desire for power.

They're both authoritarians, just of a different flavor.   It's easy enough to vote against the rabid white supremacist con artist but the DNC once again found the only available candidate capable of losing to that asshole.  Just like Clinton, it was Biden's "turn" and who cares what's right for the country.  

I expect more of the same unless & until the 2-party system & electoral college are scrapped.

45 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

They're both authoritarians, just of a different flavor.   It's easy enough to vote against the rabid white supremacist con artist but the DNC once again found the only available candidate capable of losing to that asshole.  Just like Clinton, it was Biden's "turn" and who cares what's right for the country.  

I expect more of the same unless & until the 2-party system & electoral college are scrapped.

Yeah the only real change im expecting is that Biden will at least read the intelligence reports

Yeah the only real change im expecting is that Biden will at least read the intelligence reports

He'll probably reinstate some semblance of an EPA & NPS, doubt he'll use the CBP as his own personal goon squad.  No real hope of seeing ICE reformed or the DHS in general.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He'll probably reinstate some semblance of an EPA & NPS, doubt he'll use the CBP as his own personal goon squad.  No real hope of seeing ICE reformed or the DHS in general.

probably reenter the Paris climate accords, doubtful we get a green new deal

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

probably reenter the Paris climate accords, doubtful we get a green new deal

Yeah TBH the next 2-3 administrations could be kept busy simply trying to undo the damage Trump's done both at home & internationally.  

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah TBH the next 2-3 administrations could be kept busy simply trying to undo the damage Trump's done both at home & internationally.  

if only we had time between climate change and the fact were in a depression 😕

20 hours ago, bfine said:

If ever there was a viable candidate to challenge the 2 party system; this would be the time.  I'd love to see a moderate from each party combine on a ticket. Maybe a Romney/Klobachar ticket. But alas I am dreaming. It's all bout the Benjamins.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/mitt-romney-mail-in-ballots-2020-election-034613333.html

Just declare Mitt. Make McCain proud

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) again broke out of the Republican pack Friday to challenge President Donald Trump’s insistence that mail-in ballots in this election are “rigged” — even before a single vote has been cast.

“I don’t know of any evidence that voting by mail would increase voter fraud,” Romney responded when asked about the issue during an interview with the Sutherland Institute think tank.

He insisted it’s “essential” that Americans’ right to vote be protected.

Archived