POTUS 2020

bfine

11 hours ago, bfine said:

Doesn't it strike you as him biting the hand that feeds him?  He is where he is because of his party membership, the same party that has defended and enabled Trump.  It's easy to make these mild criticisms but what is Romney actually *doing* to change it?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Doesn't it strike you as him biting the hand that feeds him?  He is where he is because of his party membership, the same party that has defended and enabled Trump.  It's easy to make these mild criticisms but what is Romney actually *doing* to change it?

Romney is breaking with party ranks more than any congressman on either side of the aisle and he does it based on principle and not votes. That's what he's "doing". He's been critical of POTUS on numerous occasions and pretty sure he's questioned if he'll vote for him. The only thing he can do that he is not is to run against him, but I fear it's too late in the cycle. 

27 minutes ago, bfine said:

Romney is breaking with party ranks more than any congressman on either side of the aisle and he does it based on principle and not votes. That's what he's "doing". He's been critical of POTUS on numerous occasions and pretty sure he's questioned if he'll vote for him. The only thing he can do that he is not is to run against him, but I fear it's too late in the cycle. 

"Golly, if this fellow continues trying to create a fascist dictatorship, I might consider possibly not voting for him in the last election we might have!"

So heroic.  He could take a stand and leave the party, but that would actually require some sacrifice on his part.  Much safer to fence-sit, distance himself as much as possible without really endangering his career or standing, then continue to ride the Republican money train so he remains in office where he can continue to support the people that made Trump possible.

Sorry, but it's incredibly hollow and self-serving IMHO.  

46 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Romney breaks with the party because his seat would not be in danger, Mormons aren't going to vote against their own.

Also he's a Vulture Capitalist who couldn't win the Presidency on his own merit

Fuck Mr. 47% 

Trump, is that you?

21 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Some days I think that the Democrats do not really want to win the election.

They want to win but they don't want to govern for the common good. Nor do the Rethuglicans.

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

My answer was factious 

God bless you, Jamie, sometimes I wonder if the word you use is the word you mean....

5 hours ago, bfine said:

As was mine

...but if we are being factious, then I'll kick in:

I'd rather drink piss through a straw than support that devil Romney, no Faustian bargains for me.

3 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

They want to win but they don't want to govern for the common good. Nor do the Rethuglicans.

God bless you, Jamie, sometimes I wonder if the word you use is the word you mean....

...but if we are being factious, then I'll kick in:

I'd rather drink piss through a straw than support that devil Romney, no Faustian bargains for me.

Probably not 😆

Democrats, especially centrist Democrats, who might as well be more comfortable supporting the Log Cabin Republicans, remind me of the idea that I believe Dr. King was exploring, I just can't seem to find the quote.  Where it's easy to say I'm against Racism, or not Homophobic, or any other array of social stances, but once they are asked to change the structures of power to ensure that those things cant happen again that's when the rubber meets the road with them and they get too squeamish about giving up any power/money that they might have to do so.

then there is the whole notion that even many democrats still think that trickle down works.

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I would think that's a pretty big distinction if one is black, or gay, or both.  Or think they deserve to be treated as equal citizens.

Otherwise though I mostly agree.

I would suggest that applying Maslow's hierarchy of needs, that black or gay or both people at the bottom of that pyramid probably care about those needs before they care about the needs towards the top.

12 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I would suggest that applying Maslow's hierarchy of needs, that black or gay or both people at the bottom of that pyramid probably care about those needs before they care about the needs towards the top.

Reasonable assumption.  

JS I see significant differences between the 2 parties right now, despite my disdain for the DNC & their leadership.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:15 PM, T-Dub said:

"Golly, if this fellow continues trying to create a fascist dictatorship, I might consider possibly not voting for him in the last election we might have!"

So heroic.  He could take a stand and leave the party, but that would actually require some sacrifice on his part.  Much safer to fence-sit, distance himself as much as possible without really endangering his career or standing, then continue to ride the Republican money train so he remains in office where he can continue to support the people that made Trump possible.

Sorry, but it's incredibly hollow and self-serving IMHO.  

Self serving...arent they all?

Politics havent changed in decades..

Justice means Just us...

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Self serving...arent they all?

Yes but not all of them are rabid white nationalist despots that openly idolize foreign dictators & pal around with child sex traffickers.  Let's not start with the "both sides" stuff. this is not a normal election.    It could be the last one to matter at all.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yes but not all of them are rabid white nationalist despots that openly idolize foreign dictators & pal around with child sex traffickers.  Let's not start with the "both sides" stuff. this is not a normal election.    It could be the last one to matter at all.

Lets not start with both sides??

You criticize one side and defend the other as if they have grear plans fir the future..

We disagree on these parties....

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Lets not start with both sides??

You criticize one side and defend the other as if they have grear plans fir the future..

We disagree on these parties....

I didn't defend anyone, I just stated the obvious about the incumbent candidate & his intentions.   Interesting that you dispute none of it & instead try to change the focus.

FWIW I don't think Biden has any great plans, but that would include not planning to create a white supremacist police state.  That's good enough for me this time.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I didn't defend anyone, I just stated the obvious about the incumbent candidate & his intentions.   Interesting that you dispute none of it & instead try to change the focus.

FWIW I don't think Biden has any great plans, but that would include not planning to create a white supremacist police state.  That's good enough for me this time.

It's because it is often fruitless to dispute a child. Here's what the "white nationalist" said after Charletteville:

Trump, Aug. 14, 2017: As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.

And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

But none of that matters to you and those like you; you've bought into the false narrative. And like Joe think: If you don't vote Joe you "ain't black"

1 hour ago, bfine said:

It's because it is often fruitless to dispute a child. Here's what the "white nationalist" said after Charletteville:

But none of that matters to you and those like you; you've bought into the false narrative. And like Joe think: If you don't vote Joe you "ain't black"

Oh well he did an "I'm not racist but" so let's ignore everything else he did.  You probably think the Republican party isn't racist because they found a couple of black guys to say so.  He's retweeting White Power videos and his family are attending conventions with klansmen & neo-nazis.  This stupid motherfucker wanted to build an actual moat.

Maybe stop clinging to every idiot word salad that comes out of his mouth trying to excuse his behavior and pay attention to what he actually does?  

Quit being a cultist.  Donald Trump is a lifelong grifter and con artist.  Pick a better idol, it shouldn't be hard.  You think you're "triggering the libs" or whatever but you're really just eating a shit sandwich so you can make everyone smell your breath.

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Oh well he did an "I'm not racist but" so let's ignore everything else he did.  You probably think the Republican party isn't racist because they found a couple of black guys to say so.  He's retweeting White Power videos and his family are attending conventions with klansmen & neo-nazis.  This stupid motherfucker wanted to build an actual moat.

Maybe stop clinging to every idiot word salad that comes out of his mouth trying to excuse his behavior and pay attention to what he actually does?  

Quit being a cultist.  Donald Trump is a lifelong grifter and con artist.  Pick a better idol, it shouldn't be hard.  You think you're "triggering the libs" or whatever but you're really just eating a shit sandwich so you can make everyone smell your breath.

Lol...ok

Archived