The Case Against Drafting Burrow - Red Flags

38 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

All these red flags are legitimate issues, but when balanced against the positive?  Still a no brainer to draft him.  There is no sure thing draft pick.  Shit happens.  See Ki Jana Carter.  Burrow is the best player available at the most important position on the field that happens to be a position of need for the Bengals.  Outright foolishness to pick anyone else. 

This.

EVERY players has some red flags of some kind. 

19 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

All these red flags are legitimate issues, but when balanced against the positive?  Still a no brainer to draft him.  There is no sure thing draft pick.  Shit happens.  See Ki Jana Carter.  Burrow is the best player available at the most important position on the field that happens to be a position of need for the Bengals.  Outright foolishness to pick anyone else. 

I agree, I just don't know that it's the Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck slam dunk/can't miss some people seem to think it is

5 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I agree, I just don't know that it's the Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck slam dunk/can't miss some people seem to think it is

Peyton was not really a slam dunk, many like Leaf better. And many questioned Peyton's arm strength. 

EVERY prospect has question marks because college is not the NFL. 

We should just be happy that Burrow is at least an elite PROSPECT and not a Tim Couch type. Or having the number #1 pick and having no good elite players available (what draft was it when it was two OT's, Eric Fisher was one?)

13 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, he's only coming off the best season in college football history vs the toughest schedule any team has ever played. 

This is something that is easily quantified and isn't talked about enough, what Burrow accomplished this past season is nothing short of amazing.

Archived