Tagovailoa Era

25 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Who said that was the plan? Hopefully the oline will continue to improve like they did as the season progressed. 

The Bengals started Smith and Jerry at LT for the majority of the season, I doubt that will be the case for the upcoming season. I think the oline will be improved because of better talent and the coaching staff having more time to get guys who fit their system. 

There's plenty of things a team can do to cut down on the sacks allowed, having a mobile QB that has a great pocket presence is a start. Pop

Need to add a real RT at least & probably another interior lineman.   I think it's the idea of running Hart out there for another year that bothers me.  It's harder to tell who is really screwing up inside but I'm also sick of watching a G/C do that zone protection shuffle-step where they seemingly can't figure out who to block and settle on nobody.  We've had 2 shitty OL coaches in a row so maybe it's scheme, but since they're also our scouts we end up with bad players to match the bad coaching. 

I've watched the OL go from bad to worse over the last few years & expecting a rookie QB to fix all that makes no sense to me.   For some reason people take that as a lack of faith in Burrow & it turns into.. whatever this is :D  I don't want to see that talent thrown to the wolves because people think he's Superman.

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Need to add a real RT at least & probably another interior lineman.   I think it's the idea of running Hart out there for another year that bothers me.  It's harder to tell who is really screwing up inside but I'm also sick of watching a G/C do that zone protection shuffle-step where they seemingly can't figure out who to block and settle on nobody.  

I've watched the OL go from bad to worse over the last few years & expecting a rookie QB to fix all that makes no sense to me.   For some reason people take that as a lack of faith in Burrow & it turns into.. whatever this is :D

I really like Isaiah Wilson from UGA, hopefully they draft him in the second round

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Hes raw..

Id say late third very early fourth..

Rams like him too... Sit and be mentored by Big Whit for a year...

Whit's a free agent.  I'd say let him mentor our guys instead but I'm pretty sure that bridge was burned.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Sounds kind of raw, you think he's pro-ready enough to warrant 2-1?

He played for two years in the SEC, he's not coming straight outta high school... Getting a quality OT is just as hard as getting a quality QB, you may have to go a little early but it's worth it 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Hes raw..

Id say late third very early fourth..

Rams like him too... Sit and be mentored by Big Whit for a year...

No way he makes it that far in the draft, he could be a first round pick. He was a 2 year starter on the best oline in the best conference in CFB. 

Drafting Wilson at the top of the second round would a great move to protect Burrow.

7 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

He played for two years in the SEC, he's not coming straight outta high school... Getting a quality OT is just as hard as getting a quality QB, you may have to go a little early but it's worth it 

No way he makes it that far in the draft, he could be a first round pick. He was a 2 year starter on the best oline in the best conference in CFB. 

Drafting Wilson at the top of the second round would a great move to protect Burrow.

Nah man. Guy is maybe a third rounder. 

Tua's becoming a bit of a jigsaw puzzle below the waist and he's close to 6'0" than his listed 6'1".  Yeah, he's mobile, but Jeaux ain't exactly a statue and (excepting the most special cases), mobility in a college QB is somewhat mitigated by the size quickness upgrade he'll face in most NFL defenders across the board.

Let it begin

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/09/tua-tagovailoa-cleared-football-activity-injury-nfl-draft

Former Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has been cleared for all football activities, according to ESPN's Laura Rutledge. 

Tagovailoa will hold a pro day on April 9 after training in Nashville, per Rutledge. He did not participate in workouts at the NFL combine in Indianapolis, but he did meet with NFL teams as well as undergo a physical exam. 

Alabama team physician Dr. Lyle Cain said he was "ecstatic" with the results of Tagovailoa's scan on Monday, per Rutledge. 

Let Miami trade 5,18, and 39 for Joe and we'll take Tua at 5, Murray at 18, Best WR (Higgins) and OL (Niang) available at 33 and 39. Let Andy play out his contract while Tua gets 100% 

30 minutes ago, bfine said:

Let it begin

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/09/tua-tagovailoa-cleared-football-activity-injury-nfl-draft

Former Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has been cleared for all football activities, according to ESPN's Laura Rutledge. 

Tagovailoa will hold a pro day on April 9 after training in Nashville, per Rutledge. He did not participate in workouts at the NFL combine in Indianapolis, but he did meet with NFL teams as well as undergo a physical exam. 

Alabama team physician Dr. Lyle Cain said he was "ecstatic" with the results of Tagovailoa's scan on Monday, per Rutledge. 

Let Miami trade 5,18, and 39 for Joe and we'll take Tua at 5, Murray at 18, Best WR (Higgins) and OL (Niang) available at 33 and 39. Let Andy play out his contract while Tua gets 100% 

...and what is Plan B when a team trades up to the fourth pick to take Tua?

36 minutes ago, bfine said:

Simmons at 5 and Mahomes Love at 18

Youve made some interesting scenarios...

I would listen ro the 3 Miami picks...

Bottom line though I dont ever want to watch Dalton is stripes anymore..Enough allready..

Crazy as it may be this young man is the best thing to come to ths team since AJ Green..

I want him as the leader and no one else...

12 hours ago, bfine said:

Let it begin

NO.

15 hours ago, bfine said:

Let it begin

If Miami wants Burrow instead of Tua, it should cost them more than the Redskins paid to get RG3. That was 3 1sts and a 2nd. Burrow is a better prospect than RG3 was, and they're trading up to #1, not 2 (that was the year Luck went first overall). So it would or at least should take all 3 of Miami's first and both 2nds this year.

That would be a nice haul in a generally good draft year. But we'd still need to replace Dalton and couldn't be confident Tua is there at 5. We'd probably sign Bridgewater or Winston in FA and trade Andy. Then use the picks to fix the O-line and defense. We would have 3 firsts plus 3 seconds. 

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

If Miami wants Burrow instead of Tua, it should cost them more than the Redskins paid to get RG3. That was 3 1sts and a 2nd. Burrow is a better prospect than RG3 was, and they're trading up to #1, not 2 (that was the year Luck went first overall). So it would or at least should take all 3 of Miami's first and both 2nds this year.

That would be a nice haul in a generally good draft year. But we'd still need to replace Dalton and couldn't be confident Tua is there at 5. We'd probably sign Bridgewater or Winston in FA and trade Andy. Then use the picks to fix the O-line and defense. We would have 3 firsts plus 3 seconds. 

Of course the three 1st rounders the Rams got for RGIII was over 3 years. That's less value than two 1st rounders in the current year. We may be able to get a little more, but I was being realistically conservative. Can't see the need to trade Andy in the scenario, Of course there's no guarantee that Tua would be there at 5, but an elite prospect will be. 

Yes, getting all the picks in the current year is part of the higher price than for RG3. Personally I'd be happy to let them keep the Texans first round pick this year in return for Miami's 1st in 2021 (likely in the top half of the draft with a rookie QB). But if we're aiming for Tua in this scenario, then Andy would be gone. We don't need a 17 mil backup QB. 

We could of course trade the top pick for a fortune, then keep Andy while building around him. But most of us would like a QB with a higher ceiling than Dalton offers. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, membengal said:

Rumors of other bad stuff in his medicals...

Hard HARD pass:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article241873141.html

Ok aside from a broken finger 2 bad ankles a serious hip problem and god knows wat else hes good to go right?

Im sure all of it can be overlooked!..😎

Archived