2020 NFL Combine

Started a thread about the NFL combine in the Draft Forum, but that place is visited as often as an Alabama Mosque. So I thought I'd start one here to share thoughts and opinions.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

The first kid to stick out is Antonio Gandy-Golden. Kid was already intriguing as a kid that was a dominate WR at a small time school (Liberty). he was thought to be a size/ speed demon. Weighed in at 6'4" 223 lb. Eased some of the small school talk by showing out in the Senior Bowl. Kid just put up 22 reps on the bench and works out this PM. Possible consideration at 33.

15 minutes ago, bfine said:

So WR notes:

Personal fav Claypool ran a 4.45 at 6'5" 238

Burrow fav Jefferson ran the Moses Malone (4.44) and shocked analysts

Gandy-Golden disappointed at a 4.60

He's not just a slot at that size/speed.  I wouldn't object to taking him at 33 depending on free agency.

14 hours ago, bfine said:

Claypool with an official time of 4.42 and looked fluid in the drills. I once thought we could get this kid in the 4th, but not now. Burrow's fav WR with a 4.43 and looked good as well. 

Only one other WR in history was 6'5" or taller and ran a sub 4.45. A dude named Calvin Johnson

3 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

🧐 You being sarcastic?

Not at all, seemed like they didn't remember he was on the team until about halfway through the season.  IDK if we've yet had an OC that quite knew what to do with Gio either.  Wouldn't surprise me to see a RB in the mid rounds if they think  someone else is a better fit for whatever system they're trying to run.

For as often as this team makes moves that don't seem to make any sense at all it's funny how dead set we can be about a certain course of action.  You'd think nothing would surprise us at this point.

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Not at all, seemed like they didn't remember he was on the team until about halfway through the season.  IDK if we've yet had an OC that quite knew what to do with Gio either.  Wouldn't surprise me to see a RB in the mid rounds if they think  someone else is a better fit for whatever system they're trying to run.

For as often as this team makes moves that don't seem to make any sense at all it's funny how dead set we can be about a certain course of action.  You'd think nothing would surprise us at this point.

Any word on the Rodney Anderson?

Archived