Trading Dalton Discussion

5 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Bears have 2 second round picks

Would they trade a second rounder

to replace Trubisky?

Arent they both the same?

Trubisky rook salary has two yrs left at 7 mil a year.

Taking on a contract fot Dalton ( 3yrs 54 mil ? " ) would be preventing them from signing their own good players..

I cant see their interest ..

20 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Bears have 2 second round picks

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-committed-to-trubisky-as-2020-starter

General manager Ryan Pace said Tuesday that the Bears remain committed to Mitchell Trubisky as their starting quarterback in 2020.

Pace acknowledged that Trubisky must play with more consistency but saw signs of improvement in the young quarterback and is confident that the second pick in the 2017 draft will keep growing.

"Mitch is our starter," Pace said during his end-of-season press conference. "We believe in Mitch and we believe in the progress that he's going to continue to make."

10 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

That is the perfect scenario. 

Used a 2nd round pick to draft him. Got 8 years of service out of him. Traded for a 2nd round pick. 

No way in hell am I trading him to the Patriots or any AFC team for that matter. 

If we do trade him I hope it's to an AFC team and we play them in the playoffs.

As to the Pats. It looks like Rivers is headed to Indy. I can see them bringing Jacoby Brisett back or Derek Carr if Brady goes to LV;  if they want to trade for a QB. If they want to get a QB for free there's talk they like Tannehill; however, i could easily see Bridgewater there

15 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

That is the perfect scenario. 

Used a 2nd round pick to draft him. Got 8 years of service out of him. Traded for a 2nd round pick. 

No way in hell am I trading him to the Patriots or any AFC team for that matter. 

Why not? He totally sucks and can't win a playoff game, which is why we're trading him in the first place, right?  

21 hours ago, OU_Stripes said:

How fantastic would that be given that Dalton was himself a second round pick? We get nine years with five playoff berths and the most TD passes in Bengals history... only to be [almost] fully reimbursed in the end.

And zero playoff wins and 1 playoff TD pass.  And memories of god-awful throws and idiotic fumbles.

Archived