Trading Dalton Discussion

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

And zero playoff wins and 1 playoff TD pass.  And memories of god-awful throws and idiotic fumbles.

Well yeah, if the guy was top-end the Bengals wouldn't be drafting number one and preparing to trade him.

He more than outplayed his own draft position. Most second round quarterbacks do nothing.

24 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I had a comment on the cap earlier to emphasize the money out to keep the two..

26 mil...

They should go out and sign a better QB 

for a year ir two.

Dalton and Mitch are the same ..average...

I like taking 2 thirds from New England better .

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I like taking 2 thirds from New England better .

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-rumors-patriots-reportedly-showing-232511321.html

Maybe, just maybe NE will go for a younger, better QB that doesn't cost them any 3rds

Per Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline, the Patriots are showing interest in free-agent quarterback Marcus Mariota.

Keep this in the back of your mind – with all the uncertainty surrounding Tom Brady, the New England Patriots are showing interest in soon to be free agent quarterback Marcus Mariota. The former first-round pick is being courted by several teams who may have an open competition at quarterback.

Of course it's quite possible they're willing to give up 2 3rds for the worst starter in the NFL last year. 

4 hours ago, fluhartz said:

you are the most miserable fuck ever 

have you ever said one positive thing on this board?    serious question!!! 

The team hasn't won a playoff game since I was in high school.

But yeah, keep being the stupid Bengal fan who thinks Andy Dalton is a stellar QB

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Heres hoping for the best scenario for the team and that NE prefers to take a chance on Dalton..

Maybe other teams think he'd play better with an offensive line?  Or maybe they need to someone to bench as an excuse for going 0-8. I hear he's excellent for that.

18 hours ago, spicoli said:

I hope he goes to NE and wins the SB. I'd love to see the spin machine in motion on here. 

Actually,  I doubt there would be a huge amount of spin here but imagine the insane spin Dalton winning a ring would create in Boston?   The “Greatest” QB of all time would look way less great. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Actually,  I doubt there would be a huge amount of spin here 

I'd guess that would depend on how it's going here.  If everything is on track with Burrow it probably won't matter much because who cares anyway.  If instead Jeaux is getting pummeled behind the same dogshit OL things might get more interesting.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:45 PM, T-Dub said:

Why not? He totally sucks and can't win a playoff game, which is why we're trading him in the first place, right?  

Why not? Because helping out our conference with our players should not be an objective. 

Why would we help upgrade a conference team if we could help a team out of conference who we'll play once every other year or super bowl. 

27 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Rivers is better...

For how long?  He is 38.  Rivers would be a great bridge if you are drafting a young guy you need to groom for a year or 2, but Dalton would have more shelf life.

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Brady to Oakland

Dalton to NE

Rivers to Indy

Taysom Hill to Chicago

If Brady leaves I think it’s to the Titans since his good friend Vrabel is the coach or San Diego pays him BIG money to help fill the new stadium.   Oakland could do the same but not sure how Gruden and TB would click 

Archived