Trading Dalton Discussion

5 minutes ago, bfine said:

That's not what I asked. I'd assume Bill likes and feels he can win with a great many QBs

The Patriots organizations hasn't mentioned any names at QB for obvious reasons.   The Panthers never mentioned Bridgewater's name until they announced they made a deal.

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The Patriots organizations hasn't mentioned any names at QB for obvious reasons.   The Panthers never mentioned Bridgewater's name until they announced they made a deal.

We sure haven't. So how do we know they are interested?

Why the hell did the Panthers sign Bridgewater instead of trading for Andy?

54 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Their new HC Ruhle made that call

59 minutes ago, bfine said:

The Panthers new OC is Joe Brady who was at New Orleans when Bridgewater was there.   He became the OC at LSU last year and then went to Carolina.

1 hour ago, bfine said:

Are people too stupid to realize how badly Dullton sucks?   Well, we are talking about Bengal fans

16 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Are people too stupid to realize how badly Dullton sucks?   Well, we are talking about Bengal fans

I'd actually avoid using the word stupid, but I think many may be over-valuing him or not willing to give him his fair share of blame for his poor play.

WTS, I hope a team gives us something of value for him. Foles earned a compensatory 4th. That would be rock bottom I'd take for Andy.

San Diego just staterd they are not in the market for a veteran they are rolling with Tyrod Taylor 9I sure he will be a stop-gap to Herbert or Tua.

I see Andy's role as insurance behind a younger kid and no one is looking at him as a starter. I just feel his best value is here

6 minutes ago, BengalMobster said:

It's not a question of feasibility. It's feasible to pay $20 million to a third string long snapper. But nobody's going to do it.

1 hour ago, bfine said:

I'd actually avoid using the word stupid, but I think many may be over-valuing him or not willing to give him his fair share of blame for his poor play.

WTS, I hope a team gives us something of value for him. Foles earned a compensatory 4th. That would be rock bottom I'd take for Andy.

San Diego just staterd they are not in the market for a veteran they are rolling with Tyrod Taylor 9I sure he will be a stop-gap to Herbert or Tua.

I see Andy's role as insurance behind a younger kid and no one is looking at him as a starter. I just feel his best value is here

They arent keeping Dalton at 17 mil ro backup...

They need cap space..

I believe he ll wind up in NE soon...

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

They arent keeping Dalton at 17 mil ro backup...

They need cap space..

I believe he ll wind up in NE soon...

I think they'll try to get Jacoby Brissett if they do anything other than draft one. They may bring back Cody Kessler.

It says a lot that Chicago picked the more expensive Foles over Andy; especially with Bill Lazor in Chicago.

1 hour ago, BengalMobster said:

Nobody is paying $17 million for a backup QB

when you are given permission to seek a trade you are allowed to also neg a new contract with that team as part of the trade..... 

dont be surprised if there is a trade andy and that team has already agreed to new terms for a multi (2 or 3 ) year deal. 

56 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Well we aren't getting a 3rd from anyone for Dalton. Foles went for a 4th and was a Superbowl MVP. Andy is cheaper than Foles but if we got a 4th, it would be a stroke of luck.

Foles also SUCKED as a 1 year starter at St. Louis and Jacksonville.   Dalton led the team to the playoffs 5 years in a row, Foles took over a team that was 11-2 and had the #4 defense.  No doubt he played well during the playoffs but he isn't being traded around the league ever few years because he is good starter, he isn't.  Think about it, he won the Superbowl and the Eagles were like so what, Wentz is still our guy.  Jacksonville gave up on him after 1 YEAR.  That should raise a million red flags.

Dalton makes plenty of sense at NE.  The Pats are not going to get one of the top 3 QBs I don't think.  Love and Eason are knocked for their decision making so it would take time to develop one of those guys.   Newton and Winston wouldn't survive Bellichek.   I don't know who that leaves that can come in and play OK day 1.  

The guy has 133 career starts, 70 wins and 31,000 yds passing.  People who think he sucks obviously haven't looked around much.  On a good team he is a top half QB which is about the best the Pats can hope for right now.    Even Stephen A. Smith said the Patriots should take Dalton so write it down bitches.   

The best part is my Saints have 2 chances a year to end Brady's career.  

Just now, SF2 said:

clutchpoint.com??   Really?   

It says ESPN in the article.  What does it matter where it comes from?  With Free Agents, you can only talk to them at certain times.  Nobody wants Dalton or his name would’ve been mentioned.  We heard Bears, but Foles was mentioned too and now they took Foles instead.  😂 What does this tell every Dalton lover?  If the Bears take Foles over him, NE will want him?  😂 btw, this puts Cam Newton on the market now too.  Get ready for the Bengals to release the Little Red BB Gun! If someone signs him, I will be shocked. 

7 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

It says ESPN in the article.  What does it matter where it comes from?  With Free Agents, you can only talk to them at certain times.  Nobody wants Dalton or his name would’ve been mentioned.  We heard Bears, but Foles was mentioned too and now they took Foles instead.  😂 What does this tell every Dalton lover?  If the Bears take Foles over him, NE will want him?  😂 btw, this puts Cam Newton on the market now too.  Get ready for the Bengals to release the Little Red BB Gun! If someone signs him, I will be shocked. 

Cam Newton is a broken down basket case that has never been able to read a defense.  He wouldn't last 1 week in New England.  Winston has a better chance.   

The Bears are run about as poorly as the Bengals but like Detroit and Cleveland, they get a pass.   Cutler is the only QB in the last 40 years that didn't suck.  In the last 50 years which Bears QB has the most wins?  Mike Tomczak with 54 wins, 6247 yards passing and a 49% completion ratio.   

Archived