Trading Dalton Discussion

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

Straw man argument.  Nobody praised Jon Kitna. BTW,  Kitna was paid big money by Detroit to be their starter so your argument doesn’t make much sense. 

Well if you had to pick 2-3 franchises that equal the Bengals in futility...one of the them would be???

Hint - it's also a member of the cat family. 

32 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Well if you had to pick 2-3 franchises that equal the Bengals in futility...one of the them would be???

Hint - it's also a member of the cat family. 

Yeah, SF kinda moves the target.

For instance:

Foles is bad because Jacksonville chose Minschew over him (aka Jacksonville is smart)

but

Chicago is bad because they chose Foles over Andy (aka SF is smart)

I'm with you on the mentality of the folks with the Andy Fathead on their walls. 

2 hours ago, bfine said:

Yeah, SF kinda moves the target.

For instance:

Foles is bad because Jacksonville chose Minschew over him (aka Jacksonville is smart)

but

Chicago is bad because they chose Foles over Andy (aka SF is smart)

I'm with you on the mentality of the folks with the Andy Fathead on their walls. 

See, when new guys show up here and have no idea of the history it makes me laugh.  I am happy we are moving on from Dalton. I wanted him and Marvin gone after the San Diego fiasco. 

I am happy we are getting a new QB I just wish it wasn’t Joe Burrow (I was raised in New Orleans and am an LSU fan). He will fail here just like every other QB that has played here in the last 30 years.  This isn’t LSU, it’s a mom and pop shop with a rookie coaching staff. 

The idea that Dalton is the reason the Bengals are the worst team in the NFL is laughable.  The coaching, oline and defense were total shit. Our WR unit was crap without Green and a true #2. Our TEs were meh.  The team sucked last year. 

And yes, Nick Foles  is on his 6th team in 9 years because he is super fucking awesome.  And the Bears BTW, suck worse than Cincinnati.  2 playoff appearances in 13 years?  Get the fuck out of here.  Dalton is better than any QB they have had in 30 years and he is average at best. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

See, when new guys show up here and have no idea of the history it makes me laugh.  I am happy we are moving on from Dalton. I wanted him and Marvin gone after the San Diego fiasco. 

I am happy we are getting a new QB I just wish it wasn’t Joe Burrow (I was raised in New Orleans and am an LSU fan). He will fail here just like every other QB that has played here in the last 30 years.  This isn’t LSU, it’s a mom and pop shop with a rookie coaching staff. 

The idea that Dalton is the reason the Bengals are the worst team in the NFL is laughable.  The coaching, oline and defense were total shit. Our WR unit was crap without Green and a true #2. Our TEs were meh.  The team sucked last year. 

And yes, Nick Foles  is on his 6th team in 9 years because he is super fucking awesome.  And the Bears BTW, suck worse than Cincinnati.  2 playoff appearances in 13 years?  Get the fuck out of here.  Dalton is better than any QB they have had in 30 years and he is average at best. 

When old guys linger around here and make stuff up it makes me laugh..Where the hell did I say you weren't happy about moving on from Dalton. 

What I have seen is how you've said Andy is better than the following:

Bridgewater

Foles

Rivers

Minshew

among others..but folks that get paid to figure out football have decided they need to be starters.

No need for the vulgar language, Just don't expect me to believe you know more about football than those paid to do so for the Bears. 

38 minutes ago, bfine said:

When old guys linger around here and make stuff up it makes me laugh..Where the hell did I say you weren't happy about moving on from Dalton. 

What I have seen is how you've said Andy is better than the following:

Bridgewater

Foles

Rivers

Minshew

among others..but folks that get paid to figure out football have decided they need to be starters.

No need for the vulgar language, Just don't expect me to believe you know more about football than those paid to do so for the Bears. 

Foles will be the backup in Chicago.  

Well, it appears the QB musical chairs has ended and the only one without a seat is Andy Dullton.

What has Dullton accomplished since breaking his thumb (on a typical bone-headed play against the Stillers)?  Nothing.  He has been a mediocre QB who has consistently shown he cannot make a play on his own and cannot win a game to save his life.

Laugh thinking about the twitter and message board people who wondered if Bill B wanted him to lead his team.  Maybe if his plan is to get the #1 pick in the draft in 2021. 

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Well, it appears the QB musical chairs has ended and the only one without a seat is Andy Dullton.

What has Dullton accomplished since breaking his thumb (on a typical bone-headed play against the Stillers)?  Nothing.  He has been a mediocre QB who has consistently shown he cannot make a play on his own and cannot win a game to save his life.

Laugh thinking about the twitter and message board people who wondered if Bill B wanted him to lead his team.  Maybe if his plan is to get the #1 pick in the draft in 2021. 

Whos New Englands quarterback for 2020?

Well, Andy did come up big for the Bills in 2018.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Heh. No, Chicago didn't pay 20 mil for a backup. Foles will start ahead of Trubisky. 

No they paid $15.5 mil for a guy to compete with their current starter.  In 8 years Foles has never started more than 11 games, he just isn’t that good.  Andy isn’t all that either.   Bears fans are just as bad as Cleveland fans. 

I would rather get Winston and work on his turnover issues, Peyton Manning threw 26 TDS and 23 ints his 4th year.  Nobody thought he was a bust. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

At the moment, Stidham. NE could go full bebuild, clear their cap, trade older players and tank for Trevor. Or try to keep the band together, minus the lead singer. 

Hard to believe Bellicheat would ever agree to a rebuild. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Heh. No, Chicago didn't pay 20 mil for a backup. Foles will start ahead of Trubisky. 

IDK. Nick doesn't seem to have a feeling of entitlement, CHI could be simply investing in their future. Nick being around and pushing Mitch could be just what he needs.

I just wish we had a middling experienced starter that could do the same for Joe...…...wait a minute.   

54 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Very true.  Thanks for reminding me.

Dullton's biggest win in the last 4 years was getting the Bills into the playoffs.  Garbage time Andy - when he shines.

The play that beat Baltimore and kept them out of the playoffs was not "garbage time". 

19 hours ago, SF2 said:

^ all of this x2 if it needs said, other than the Burrow part.  Team needs a QB & holds the #1 pick, it's a no-brainer.  The likelihood of them wasting that in the future doesn't really matter to me right now.  I'm not going to worry too much about them fucking it all up again until they do it.  I'd rather watch a good QB than some game manager scrub.

That being said, if they got something like 3 first round picks to trade down I wouldn't be mad.  They could draft the best QB next year & that player could end up being better in the NFL than Burrow.  He's the best QB in this draft but that's no guarantee.  He could flop in NE or Miami or wherever, we don't know.  The team needs help all over so I'd be open to it if they really got a good haul of players instead.

1 hour ago, bfine said:

The play that beat Baltimore and kept them out of the playoffs was not "garbage time". 

Bengals were 5-9 and won last 2 games including that game against Ravens.  "Garage time," "Dead Cat Bounce" whatever you want to call it.  Bengal fans have been used to this since the 1990s.

That game was on New Years Eve.  Good luck for the Bills, because we all know what happens to Dullton after January 1.

The greatest play of Dullton's Bengal career got somebody else into the playoffs.  That is probably fitting for him.  I would vote the last minute TD to AJ Green against the Falcons as the 2nd greatest. 

Bengals were 5-9 and won last 2 games including that game against Ravens.  "Garage time," "Dead Cat Bounce" whatever you want to call it.  Bengal fans have been used to this since the 1990s.

That game was on New Years Eve.  Good luck for the Bills, because we all know what happens to Dullton after January 1.

The greatest play of Dullton's Bengal career got somebody else into the playoffs.  That is probably fitting for him.  I would vote the last minute TD to AJ Green against the Falcons as the 2nd greatest. 

I remember Dalton going into Dallas a fews yrs back...

They scored a touchdown on 7 of 9 or 10 possesions ..

Dalton look like an allpro as did the rest of the team..

They won 49-0...

Oh if only more moments like those instead of fumbling and falling on it with noone touching him... 

Archived