Trading Dalton Discussion

17 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Just saw on Facebook (don’t know how valid)...Dalton to Denver. 

I heard it's Andy and a second to Denver and we get back a third. 

I cannot believe Bill didn't turn the reins over to Andy......ok, that was a joke, anyone that has watched the game knew that wasn't happening.  

8 minutes ago, bfine said:

I cannot believe Bill didn't turn the reins over to Andy......ok, that was a joke, anyone that has watched the game knew that wasn't happening.  

Andy and our second round pick?

Hell no just release him and keep the second pick....

5 minutes ago, bfine said:

So we would be giving them #33 to take the red rocket off our hands and get #77 as a lovely parting gift?  That would suck donkey ass.  Cut his sorry ass before we do that.  It's like tying a pork chop around the kids neck to get the dog to play with him.  Waste of a perfectly good pork chop.

1 minute ago, Cricket said:

I don’t know about “Whew!”  We definitely want Andy traded.

Heres what im thinking about a trade..

If they find a trade partner wouldnt that partner be obligated to the 16mil left on his contract?

Nobody's gonna pay him that imo..

Best to release the man give him our blessings and hopefully he ll hookup with a team..

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Heres what im thinking about a trade..

If they find a trade partner wouldnt that partner be obligated to the 16mil left on his contract?

Nobody's gonna pay him that imo..

Best to release the man give him our blessings and hopefully he ll hookup with a team..

...not if he negotiates a new contract.

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

What do u think his agent would ask ?

Is it starter or backup pay?

Hell if its bacjup pay the Bengals should be interested no?

We should keep him as back up at his current salary. He's earned it. Now next year when he's a FA and realizes no one wants him as a starter, then we can get him on the cheap. 

8 minutes ago, bfine said:

We should keep him as back up at his current salary. He's earned it. Now next year when he's a FA and realizes no one wants him as a starter, then we can get him on the cheap. 

Or they could rework his contract and pay him something more reasonable.    If he won't, screw him.  $17.7 mil could certainly be spent better somewhere else and to be honest, I would rather Burrow or whoever not have the distraction of the 9 year starter in the locker room.   Kitna had only been here a year when Palmer was drafted. 

17 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Or they could rework his contract and pay him something more reasonable.    If he won't, screw him.  $17.7 mil could certainly be spent better somewhere else and to be honest, I would rather Burrow or whoever not have the distraction of the 9 year starter in the locker room.   Kitna had only been here a year when Palmer was drafted. 

I agree about the contract..no way in helll theyll retain that 17mil as a backup..foolish thinking.

Now if ges released and finds another suitor his agent can come to Mike with a reasonable backup offer you know the old man would listen...may do ut..

Andys agood guy imo..No big ego and his life values would include tutoring this young man as best he could..No doubt in my mind he put everything he's learned into helping JB..

At what price though?...

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I agree about the contract..no way in helll theyll retain that 17mil as a backup..foolish thinking.

Now if ges released and finds another suitor his agent can come to Mike with a reasonable backup offer you know the old man would listen...may do ut..

Andys agood guy imo..No big ego and his life values would include tutoring this convinvinced young man as best he could..No doubt in my mind he put everything he's learned into helping JB..

At what price though?...

The price becomes secondary to the attitude, cant undermine JB. I'd have to be 100% convinced Andy would be here to help and support JB.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

My view on this has been stated and it's looking more and more likely to be the way the Bengals are headed. Tobin said $ will have no bearing on their Andy decision. It appears no one is willing to give us any type of compensation for Andy. Keep Andy and hope he can act like an adult. Or we could always put the savings of cutting Andy into Pumpkin's trust fund. 

2 hours ago, bfine said:

First of all you don't pay somebody because of their legacy.  That's a good way to ruin your franchise (a lesson Bill B never fell victim to).  Well, the Cardinals did that with Fitzgerald.  And Fitz is a HOF-er, franchise icon.  Dullton is neither. 

Zero play off wins.  1 playoff TD.   He's earned a ticket out of town. 

20 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

First of all you don't pay somebody because of their legacy.  That's a good way to ruin your franchise (a lesson Bill B never fell victim to).  Well, the Cardinals did that with Fitzgerald.  And Fitz is a HOF-er, franchise icon.  Dullton is neither. 

Zero play off wins.  1 playoff TD.   He's earned a ticket out of town. 

Bengal QBs playoff records..

Boomer.....3-2

Anderson..2-4

Carson......1-3

Andy...........0-4

None of them actually lit it up come playoff time..

We currently have $20m in cap space. Burrow and pick 33 will take up 10mil. I have to think Dalton leaves or restructures if there is any hope of signing Green or Mixon to a deal before the deadline. 

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

We currently have $20m in cap space. Burrow and pick 33 will take up 10mil. I have to think Dalton leaves or restructures if there is any hope of signing Green or Mixon to a deal before the deadline. 

We should move on from Andy. But extensions for Green and WJ3 can and likely will reduce their cost in 2020. Mixon's extension will raise his cost since he's cheap currently. 

29 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We should move on from Andy. But extensions for Green and WJ3 can and likely will reduce their cost in 2020. Mixon's extension will raise his cost since he's cheap currently. 

In Green's case they will probably want to front load most of the signing bonus so if he gets injured again or simply isn't his same ole self they can off load him earlier and not take a big cap hit.  I agree with WJ3. 

Archived