Trading Dalton Discussion

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I'll bet he ends up with Gruden and Eifert in Jacksonville once all the dust settles. 

Jacksonville may wait to see if the get a QB they want in the draft. if they don't AD may be a good option for them, Bruce Arians said that late last season they evaluated and ranked allt he QB's that may be available to them (including Dalton) and they ranked the top 3 as:

Brady

Bridgewater

Winston

Just an FYI

33 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:
  • Keep Andy
  • Trade the #1 overall pick
  • Fill remaining holes at OL, WR, TE
  • make popcorn to watch the meltdown

Andy must be thinking that he wished he had this new retooled team. With all the FA moves there is an argument, not a new thought, for trading picks but ensuring one is an early 1st rounder next year. Then grab a QB in next years draft if they don't grab one after trading back. Tua sitting for year is not a bad option. All that said, I just can't see passing on Joe. This will be a fine topic to argue 5 years from now.

I'd bet Washington would trade Trent Williams for Carlos Dunlap. Then they'd trade pick 2 to Miami or the Chargers, and take a tackle. 

Redskins don't need a new QB. Haskins has a great arm and was much better at the end of last year. Rivera didn't pick him but Haskins went to school with Snyder's son and is close to Snyder. So they aren't looking to move on from Dwayne.

Lots of rumors about Dalton being part of the deal...which would make sense if they’re really planning on trading Haskins and drafting Tua. They could let Dalton play out his one year under contract and then let Tua sit behind him to get 100% healthy. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Bengals and Washington are trying to finalize a trade for Trent williams apparently. No idea what Wash is going to get what but I would bet that Dunlap isn't part of the deal. 

Haven't seen anything suggesting this. I have seen where Zimmer is trying to get him 

15 minutes ago, bfine said:

Haven't seen anything suggesting this. I have seen where Zimmer is trying to get him 

It's been talked about on twitter all day today. I'm not saying there's any verified sources but it's made the rounds enough today to suggest that where there's smoke...

30 minutes ago, bfine said:

Come on bfine, its on Twitter and I saw it on my MySpace page.  Its gots to be true!!! In my opinion, there are way too many bored locked in sportswriters out there.

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Bengals and Washington are trying to finalize a trade for Trent williams apparently. No idea what Wash is going to get what but I would bet that Dunlap isn't part of the deal. 

I've seen those rumors too.  And I know this has been an amazingly weird offseason.  But I'll believe this one when I see it happen.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I've seen those rumors too.  And I know this has been an amazingly weird offseason.  But I'll believe this one when I see it happen.

At first glance the rumors I'm seeing involve the Vikings, Browns, or Jets.

51 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

At first glance the rumors I'm seeing involve the Vikings, Browns, or Jets.

It seems the Browns are involved in just about all the rumors.  I still don't get it on how they continue to be media darlings...social media or otherwise.

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

It seems the Browns are involved in just about all the rumors.  I still don't get it on how they continue to be media darlings...social media or otherwise.

Hey, man...didn't you see all the FA moves the Browns made last year?  They are going to win!  That's all it takes, FA moves!  It proves you want to win and that's all that matters!  :ninja:

Archived