Trading Dalton Discussion

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'd bet Washington would trade Trent Williams for Carlos Dunlap. Then they'd trade pick 2 to Miami or the Chargers, and take a tackle. 

Redskins don't need a new QB. Haskins has a great arm and was much better at the end of last year. Rivera didn't pick him but Haskins went to school with Snyder's son and is close to Snyder. So they aren't looking to move on from Dwayne.

I'm not sure why they'd want Dunlap with Young on the board.  The Skins also have Kerrigan and Montez Sweat.  I can see them trading down, but probably for someone who wants Tua.  Miami and New England are my best guess right now.

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm not sure why they'd want Dunlap with Young on the board.  The Skins also have Kerrigan and Montez Sweat.  I can see them trading down, but probably for someone who wants Tua.  Miami and New England are my best guess right now.

Skins could get Dunlap..use 2 pick on  Tua or trade back and probably get 2 first rounders..

Hell we ll throw in Bobby Hart!

We rid ourselves of 2 contacts around 19mil..sign Williams for 19mil 3 yrs..30mil guaranteed...

We then draft a DE at top of round 4 to groom with Hubbard and Lawson in the rotatioin .

I dont like trading Dunlap but to get. Williams would be amazing...

What an upgrade!!

To go further than that they could cut 

Dre and Shauns saving 14mil and extend Mixon for 7mil 3 yrs and Dalton at 7mil for 2 or 3 yrs..

Dunlaps 12mil would cover signing William Jackson. to an extension and a player released for cap reasons soon..

Make no mistake the Stains are taking this seriously..By signing Trent they would have damn near All-Pro bookends plus All-Pro Bitano at guard..Whoa!

If the Bebgals want to upgrade dramatically their Oline and keep the Browns from having a damn near top one they better get this done ..

I haven't heard or don't know anything about the Bengals trying to get Trent Williams but not discrediting or disrespecting anyone posting that there is something in the works.

I don't want Williams simply because I don't trust him.

The drama queen horse shit he is pulling with Washington could be pulled with someone else.

However, if Washington was willing to trade him for Andy and/or Kirkpatrick and/or Ross I would do it.

I really want those guys out of here.  Happy landings for Andy and don't care about Ross or Kirk.

Trent Williams is delusional if he's really asking for $20 million per season.  He's missed over 30 games since 2015, including all last year in a quasi holdout.  I seriously doubt anyone will trade for him and give him that kind of contract.  More likely the Skins sit on his rights or release him long after he'll be able to land a big contract.  I'm not saying he's washed only that he isn't going to get paid what he wants and is a risky bet.

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If they trade Williams, they then have a hole at LT. If they trade down with say Miami for picks 5 and 18, they can get their LT at 5 and use 18 for a RT or WR or CB, etc. 

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Trent Williams is delusional if he's really asking for $20 million per season.  He's missed over 30 games since 2015, including all last year in a quasi holdout

Yikes. No more Redeeming. Sign players that actually play.

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I haven't heard or don't know anything about the Bengals trying to get Trent Williams but not discrediting or disrespecting anyone posting that there is something in the works.

I don't want Williams simply because I don't trust him.

The drama queen horse shit he is pulling with Washington could be pulled with someone else.

However, if Washington was willing to trade him for Andy and/or Kirkpatrick and/or Ross I would do it.

I really want those guys out of here.  Happy landings for Andy and don't care about Ross or Kirk.

Williams had a cancerous skin growth on his head the Skins misdiagnosed..

Even after some surguries he couldnt get his helmet on..

Id be pissed to if that gappened to me..

His agent denies asking 20mil a yr..

Sportbook has his earning rate at 15.2 mil.this coming yr..

Hes had injuries yes and played theu alot of them as the team has stated..

He was the highest rated player on the tean from 2016 thru 2018..

Maybe we dont get him..

Maybe the Vikings or Browns do..

12 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

I know it's just the endless / mindless media speculation, but I've heard they might look for a 2nd round pick.

In no way would I do that - not at his age.

Jason Peters is still out there and he's a free agent (unless I missed a signing).

The Skins might have thrown that out there for a bite..

They arent getting it abd they know it but hey they can ask right?

I posted a trade scenario with them at 950pm last nite on thise page..

Look it over again and tell me what you think of the moves pls..

50 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

The Skins might have thrown that out there for a bite..

They arent getting it abd they know it but hey they can ask right?

I posted a trade scenario with them at 950pm last nite on thise page..

Look it over again and tell me what you think of the moves pls..

hmmmmm......I'm with you on losing Dunlap, that would kinda suck - but - it's an interesting idea.

I doubt they would want Hart - made me laugh.

My only concern (and I saw someone address this somewhere) is the mental state of Williams. It certainly sounds like he was jacked around by the skins but there's 2 sides to every story. After the Cordy Glenn fiasco, I guess I'm a little nervous about these scenarios.

I have been outdoors a lot the past week so have not read all the posts so if I am redundant I apologize.

There does not seem to be much trade interest for Andy.  I also have read a few pundits saying with the lack of interest for Jameis Winston as a starting QB somewhere his best bet might be a one year deal as a backup for $7-8 million a year.  I am all in for Burrow as the #1 pick.  But signing Winston as a backup for $7 million and releasing Andy saves $10 million.  If I was Winston and was going somewhere as a backup I would prefer a team that I might have a good chance to compete.  I truly believe Joe will be the "man".  But having Winston would be cheap insurance.

Any thoughts?

I am out of beer and do not want to drive to town so my mind is wondering..........

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

I have been outdoors a lot the past week so have not read all the posts so if I am redundant I apologize.

There does not seem to be much trade interest for Andy.  I also have read a few pundits saying with the lack of interest for Jameis Winston as a starting QB somewhere his best bet might be a one year deal as a backup for $7-8 million a year.  I am all in for Burrow as the #1 pick.  But signing Winston as a backup for $7 million and releasing Andy saves $10 million.  If I was Winston and was going somewhere as a backup I would prefer a team that I might have a good chance to compete.  I truly believe Joe will be the "man".  But having Winston would be cheap insurance.

Any thoughts?

I am out of beer and do not want to drive to town so my mind is wondering..........

Sorry bout the beer.

Id release Dalton then try and sign him to 

a 7mil backup for JB..

Dalton knows the offense and the division which  can be a big benefit 

for our new QB...

Both Winston and Dalton still think they should be starting QBs. That's not what we need in a backup for Burrow. We need someone who accepts his role but has some prior experience to pass on to Joe. Guys like Matt Moore, Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, Josh McCown, etc. Case Keenum would have been a good signing but Cleveland got him. Alex Smith would be good if he gets cut by Washington. 

I'm wondering if they're now planning to keep Dalton in case the offseason is shortened to the point that Burrow doesn't really have a chance to learn the offense.  Then they can use Dalton for the first several games / first half of the season and then switch to Joe.  They can then trade Dalton at the deadline or let him leave in FA next year.

28 minutes ago, BBR said:

I'm wondering if they're now planning to keep Dalton in case the offseason is shortened to the point that Burrow doesn't really have a chance to learn the offense.  Then they can use Dalton for the first several games / first half of the season and then switch to Joe.  They can then trade Dalton at the deadline or let him leave in FA next year.

That is an interesting take! Great point.

1 hour ago, BBR said:

OTA's are on indefinite hold--no players or staff will be allowed to assemble. At this juncture, training camps themselves may be in jeopardy of not beginning until late summer--if at all. 

Very much behind the curve, for everyone. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Hard to believe there's going to be sports in the year 2020..

Took about 3 months to stabilize in Wuhan & that was obviously worst-case.  Baseball is going to be shortened but I still think we'll get a football season.

2 hours ago, BBR said:

if the offseason is shortened, the regular season will be pushed back significantly ..

all teams and new players need development.. 

32 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Took about 3 months to stabilize in Wuhan & that was obviously worst-case.  Baseball is going to be shortened but I still think we'll get a football season.

Well, we don’t have soldiers surrounding the hot spots and closing all travel to and from at gunpoint. Dictatorships do have some pros when it comes to these things. 

Mark Cuban said he thinks the NBA will be playing again by the end of May, though possibly before closed arenas. 

That seems possible. The virus will continue to run its course for a while and things will get worse before they get better. But by the end of April, we'll have plenty of the things we're short of now. Enough ventilators, PPE, test kits for Covid and test kits for immunity. And enough Plaquenil and Z-packs for tens of millions of treatments. I think the peak will be late April/early May, by mid-May, it will be clear we're on the downslope and by late May we can start discussing gathering in crowds again. MLS suspended its season and I'll bet they are playing again by mid-June. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Mark Cuban said he thinks the NBA will be playing again by the end of May, though possibly before closed arenas. 

That seems possible. The virus will continue to run its course for a while and things will get worse before they get better. But by the end of April, we'll have plenty of the things we're short of now. Enough ventilators, PPE, test kits for Covid and test kits for immunity. And enough Plaquenil and Z-packs for tens of millions of treatments. I think the peak will be late April/early May, by mid-May, it will be clear we're on the downslope and by late May we can start discussing gathering in crowds again. MLS suspended its season and I'll bet they are playing again by mid-June. 

Even if that combo is proven to work there won't be enough azithromycin by then.  There were already shortages of the stuff before Covid broke out in the US.  China and India make a large portion of our pharmaceuticals and the reagents for the drugs made in the US.  This is a long term problem. 

Yeah, the NBA’s sort-of-depending-on plan is to “review at the end of April” and go from there. 

Their best outlooks: have a “completion of the regular season” by way of a lower-tier teams tournament (they are thinking Las Vegas as the site). Sort of a “play-format”. The upper-tiered teams would then have a very quick “playoffs”—one and dones, no best of sevens—followed by a best of 5 Finals. No fans in any of games.

And, everything depends on what the localities will allow. If this is foreseen in LV...the state government has forbade gatherings of any size for “non-essential activities”, with no end date known. 

Archived