Trading Dalton Discussion

15 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Question..

My mind works oddly sometimes..

Would anyone take the Jets young Sam Darnold and their first pick (number 11)

for Burrow?

I wouldn't...

Hell no.

As to Dalton. it's looking more and more likely the GOAT is going to remain in NE as 2 teams that have been rumored to want him (SF, TEN) have committed to their current QB. 

12 minutes ago, bfine said:

Hell no.

As to Dalton. it's looking more and more likely the GOAT is going to remain in NE as 2 teams that have been rumored to want him (SF, TEN) have committed to their current QB. 

I truly believe NE thinks than can win with with his meagor salary..

Surely they dont believe he can take them to a supet bowl..do they?

Btw.. I would have thought Las Vegas would have been ideal for the GOAT...oh well..

20 minutes ago, bfine said:

Hell no.

Brady's likeliest destination outside NE is Tampa. Good coach who has worked with vet QBs and good receiving talent. They need a running game upgrade but have lots of cap space to sign Brady and other free agents.

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Brady's likeliest destination outside NE is Tampa. Good coach who has worked with vet QBs and good receiving talent. They need a running game upgrade but have lots of cap space to sign Brady and other free agents.

Tampa Bay jusy doesnt seem rhe type of city that Brady would end his career..no?

LA Chargers would draw with him..

Las Vegas would be sellouts at high prices..

Jets would love to havee him..

Just sayin..

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

My money's on the Chargers. He just signed a Hollywood deal, the wife is a celeb, and he's from Cali. Also, one QB that can challenge Brady for the GOAT spent 16 years at one team and then went to the Chargers and ended terribly. What would be almost eerie is if Brady went to the Chargers, the Chargers drafted Herbert, Brady sucked, and Herbert replaced him.

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I seriously doubt he goes to Tampa, no way in hell he moves his family to Tampa.

I don’t think winning another championship is the key factor in what Brady decides to do. The Chargers will overpay him to fill their stadium.    It’s in LA.  Did I tell you it’s in LA?  That is my guess IF he leaves NE.

Vegas Raiders are already sold out for 3 years.  Tampa Bay is a fishing town. 

14 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, I doubt Andy is any team's first choice option for starting QB. Multiple teams would like him as a veteran backup QB but they won't pay 17 mil for that.

I thought he was elite? LOL

The bears were a solid landing place and if i recall Dalton had permission to talk to the Bears so it may not have worked out. I just heard the bears are looking at $20m for teddy so that IS NOT for a backup role. 

On 3/2/2020 at 3:16 PM, membengal said:

Foles would be 15.5 million dead money. Apparently would be largest such his in NFL since this came about. He's untradeable. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/bears-reached-out-to-jaguars-about-nick-foles/

Apparently the Bears are looking at Foles as well. perhaps eventually they'll take a flier on Andy if the others turn them down.

1 hour ago, bfine said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/bears-reached-out-to-jaguars-about-nick-foles/

Apparently the Bears are looking at Foles as well. perhaps eventually they'll take a flier on Andy if the others turn them down.

I read another article that makes it seem as if the Bears are honing in on Dalton. His contract is far cheaper and less complicated. 

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

I read another article that makes it seem as if the Bears are honing in on Dalton. His contract is far cheaper and less complicated. 

I seriously doubt Foles will go to Chicago.  There was a lot of talk about him not being well liked by the team and not a good leader.  Andy isn't exactly Drew Brees but his teammates seem to like him.  Doesn't mean he goes to Chicago but I think he has a better chance.

The Teddy Bridgewater discussion is perplexing.  I know he did well from a win perspective for the Saints last year but he only managed 154 yards per game passing.  That isn't getting it done.  You won't need training wheels for Dalton but for some reason you will with Bridgewater.

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I seriously doubt Foles will go to Chicago.  There was a lot of talk about him not being well liked by the team and not a good leader.  Andy isn't exactly Drew Brees but his teammates seem to like him.  Doesn't mean he goes to Chicago but I think he has a better chance.

The Teddy Bridgewater discussion is perplexing.  I know he did well from a win perspective for the Saints last year but he only managed 154 yards per game passing.  That isn't getting it done.  You won't need training wheels for Dalton but for some reason you will with Bridgewater.

Heard Bridgewater may be asking 20mil..

Also read that Bears were in contact with Bengals either yesterday or today so who knows....

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Brady says he's leaving New England, so move Andy down another notch on the board.  

Remind me again why they didn't try to move him during the season. before Saint Thomas & the rest hit the market?

Well, that doesn't change anything since NE needs a QB now.   Andy going to the Patriots would be the greatest thing ever because my close friend who grew up in Conn is a Brady homer and thinks Dalton sucks.  I have had to live with the Brady worship for 20 years.   Out other close friend is a Browns fan who completely lost faith probably 10 years ago.  He has BTSD.

Archived