Trading Dalton Discussion

4 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Why would NE offer a draft pick when they're as likely to get him as a FA when the Bengals cut him?

Because they want whichever QB they plan on choosing on board as soon as possible.  

4 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Why would NE offer a draft pick when they're as likely to get him as a FA when the Bengals cut him?

I dont know...

Could it be if they trade for him theyre obligated for his one remsining yr at 17 mil

but as a free agent hell cost more initially on a new contract?

Im thinking a 5th round pick or a comp pick in round four..

What would the Bengals like better?

Just guessing...

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

I dont know...

Could it be if they trade for him theyre obligated for his one remsining yr at 17 mil

but as a free agent hell cost more initially on a new contract?

Im thinking a 5th round pick or a comp pick in round four..

What would the Bengals like better?

Just guessing...

Great point.  Only a 1 year deal at $17 mil.   

20 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Cam Newton is a broken down basket case that has never been able to read a defense.  He wouldn't last 1 week in New England.  Winston has a better chance.   

The Bears are run about as poorly as the Bengals but like Detroit and Cleveland, they get a pass.   Cutler is the only QB in the last 40 years that didn't suck.  In the last 50 years which Bears QB has the most wins?  Mike Tomczak with 54 wins, 6247 yards passing and a 49% completion ratio.   

Add Foles to the list of Bear flops soon...

Foles reminds me of Matt Cassel when he had one good season repacing Brady..

Mediocre at best after that but he got paid big for that one year...

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Add Foles to the list of Bear flops soon...

Foles reminds me of Matt Cassel when he had one good season repacing Brady..

Mediocre at best after that but he got paid big for that one year...

He just got paid $45 mil guaranteed by the Jags for 1 year.  Ouch. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Dalton makes plenty of sense at NE.  The Pats are not going to get one of the top 3 QBs I don't think.  Love and Eason are knocked for their decision making so it would take time to develop one of those guys.   Newton and Winston wouldn't survive Bellichek.   I don't know who that leaves that can come in and play OK day 1.  

Jacolby Brisett. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Don’t forget that the team said it was working with Dalton to trade him To a preferred team , so that may limit options. 

Him not being very good may play a bigger role in limiting his options

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Because they want whichever QB they plan on choosing on board as soon as possible.  

Given the current problems in the country, that's no guar

12 minutes ago, bfine said:

Him not being very good may play a bigger role in limiting his options

Bengal fans don't know that he sucks.   

His biggest win in the last 3 years was getting the Bills into the playoffs.

His playoff highlight is fumbling like a fool without even being touched.

5 playoff games eh?  1 TD pass.  ONE

Garbage Dullton

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I mentioned this before, but since Dalton is such a bum yet made the postseason his first 5 years in the pros..  That should be no problem for Joe Burrow, right?

Please list excuses for why that won't happen below:

Don't take the bait T...it's not worth it.

1 minute ago, esjbh2 said:

Don't take the bait T...it's not worth it.

:D

I'm kinda hoping someone will list all the problems with the team while still maintaining they contributed nothing to Andy having a poor 1/2 season.   I think we could all use the good clean fun right now.

SerpentineGrandFlatfish-size_restricted.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I mentioned this before, but since Dalton is such a bum yet made the postseason his first 5 years in the pros..  That should be no problem for Joe Burrow, right?

Please list excuses for why that won't happen below:

First off Andy is entering his 10th year in the NFL. What does his first five years have to do with the status of his current play?

Secondly, 2 of those 5 years Andy was the 20th ranked or lower QB in the NFL.

In fact he was only in the top 1/3 of the league in passer rating one of those 5 years. That was the year he missed the last 3 games and AJ McCarron had the best playoff game of any Bengal QB since Boomer Esiason.

But perhaps you're right. We should pass on Burrow and keep the dude who led us to first round playoff loses 4 of his first 5 years. 

As to listing excuses as to why Joe can't lead us to playoffs his first 5 years: He very well may, but I will guarantee you this. He'll at least be tied with Andy in career playoff wins after his first year and at the very worst will only have 1 fewer playoff TD pass. 

As they say: You can lead a horse to water.....

34 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Given the current problems in the country, that's no guar

Bengal fans don't know that he sucks.   

His biggest win in the last 3 years was getting the Bills into the playoffs.

His playoff highlight is fumbling like a fool without even being touched.

5 playoff games eh?  1 TD pass.  ONE

Garbage Dullton

Oh hell do i ever remember that fumble..

It was one of the most comical plays in the history of Bengal fumbles..

5 minutes ago, bfine said:

First off Andy is entering his 10th year in the NFL. What does his first five years have to do with the status of his current play?

Secondly, 2 of those 5 years Andy was the 20th ranked or lower QB in the NFL.

In fact he was only in the top 1/3 of the league in passer rating one of those 5 years. That was the year he missed the last 3 games and AJ McCarron had the best playoff game of any Bengal QB since Boomer Esiason.

But perhaps you're right. We should pass on Burrow

Think you quoted the wrong person since I said nothing of the sort.   I merely pointed out that our shitty no-good QB made the postseason his first 5 years in the NFL.  If our shitty no-good QB can do it, that should be a piece of cake for Burrow..  Right?

(If you insist on continuing this conversation please respond to the things I've actually posted and not whatever army of strawmen are presumably dancing the macarena in your head.)

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Think you quoted the wrong person since I said nothing of the sort.   I merely pointed out that our shitty no-good QB made the postseason his first 5 years in the NFL.  If our shitty no-good QB can do it, that should be a piece of cake for Burrow..  Right?

(If you insist on continuing this conversation please respond to the things I've actually posted and not whatever army of strawmen are presumably dancing the macarena in your head.)

But, I mean, you continuously push the perspective that we shouldn’t move on from Dalton, right? Isn’t that your contention? 

2 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

But, I mean, you continuously push the perspective that we shouldn’t move on from Dalton, right? Isn’t that your contention? 

Er, no.  I'm glad I could get the ball rolling for all the imaginary arguments you're having, though.

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I clearly addressed what you posted. You asked for excuses as to why Joe cannot make the playoffs his first 5 years in the league and I stated there are none; as we do not know that he cannot. I further expounded on how Andy miraculous playoff run may not of been because of his HOF worthy performance. 

As to the rest: many here know your stated views on picking Joe. You can choose to own it or not; that's on you. 

17 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Didnt Daltin have a better Oline those first five yrs?

An oline can give a QB time to show off his effectivness..

Andy has been average ...to the point of the guage on being up or down in the NFL  is based on him lol..

Good guy...average career career..hope he does well or average elswhere..

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Er, no.  I'm glad I could get the ball rolling for all the imaginary arguments you're having, though.

You keep insisting that we are foolish to think someone other than Dalton will succeed for this awful franchise, right?

Ugh.  Why is this hard for Bengal fans to understand? 

Dullton sucks now.   He was a decent QB in his prime. I didn't want to get rid of him then.  I kept hoping he would take the next step.  And it never happened.  What if he didn't injure his thumb?  We will never know.  But remember, he injured his thumb after throwing an INT in the red zone.  So you can't even say it was bad luck.  He made a shitty play (like he usually does against Pittsburgh) and it cost him the year.

And during his prime he failed miserably in the playoffs. ONE TD pass.

So if your argument is that Dullton should be a starting QB in the NFL in 2020 you should realize:

1. He sucks now

2. Even at his best, he sucked when it counted.

Archived