Trading Dalton Discussion

The market fo Dalton appears to be pretty small at this point.  Part of the blame falls to the surplus of available QBs this off season.  Regardless, I would wager he gets released or lands at best a late round pick given what has already happened.  Not a chance he stays as a backup with that salary.

5 minutes ago, bfine said:

Flacco's now a FA. Teams can offer him whatever they want. 

His agent has to have a number right?

Would he take 17 mil for a year or does he want a 3yr contract for much more?

Still naratives into what Coach B will do...

Btw Id take Dalton over Flacco at this point...thats just me though.

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

His agent has to have a number right?

Would he take 17 mil for a year or does he want a 3yr contract for much more?

Still naratives into what Coach B will do...

Denver's on the hook for any of the unpaid $44 MIL Joe hasn't gotten paid to date; pretty sure his agent is just fine. Flacco's said he's just wants to keep playing football even if if takes being a backup to get reestablished. So I'd assume NE could get him pretty reasonable.

FWIW, dude's got a superbowl ring. Wouldn't mind seeing him in stripes and he doesn't seem to have the Andy "I must start" mentality. 

42 minutes ago, bfine said:

Led his team to the playoffs the first 5 years of his career and averages over 230 yards per game in his career.  Pats would be silly not to take him. 

No, they should take Matt Schaub because he had a higher passer rating than Patrick Mahomes last year and a 74.5% completion rate.  Winning according to you.

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, they should take Matt Schaub because he had a higher passer rating than Patrick Mahomes last year and a 74.5% completion rate.  Winning according to you.

Even a feeble attempt gets credit as an attempt I suppose. Whenever you're willing to compare apples to apples we can continue; as Shaub averaged less than 5 attempts per game and therefore did not qualify. Not to mention I said nothing about completion percentage. I did mention TDs. Why'd you replace TDs with passer rating in providing us with Matt's numbers?

1 hour ago, bfine said:

Denver's on the hook for any of the unpaid $44 MIL Joe hasn't gotten paid to date; pretty sure his agent is just fine. Flacco's said he's just wants to keep playing football even if if takes being a backup to get reestablished. So I'd assume NE could get him pretty reasonable.

FWIW, dude's got a superbowl ring. Wouldn't mind seeing him in stripes and he doesn't seem to have the Andy "I must start" mentality. 

Cant argue...

1 hour ago, bfine said:

Even a feeble attempt gets credit as an attempt I suppose. Whenever you're willing to compare apples to apples we can continue; as Shaub averaged less than 5 attempts per game and therefore did not qualify. Not to mention I said nothing about completion percentage. I did mention TDs. Why'd you replace TDs with passer rating in providing us with Matt's numbers?

Less than 200 yards per game passing shouldn’t qualify either.  It’s 2020.  There isn’t an NFL coach in the league who wants a game manager who hands off the ball and cant be trusted to throw it.    They replaced Jacoby Brisset with a guy who can barely move in the pocket.  That is a desperate move by a franchise that knows their current QB isn’t the answer but they have a team who can make a run. 

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Less than 200 yards per game passing shouldn’t qualify either.  It’s 2020.  There isn’t an NFL coach in the league who wants a game manager who hands off the ball and cant be trusted to throw it.    They replaced Jacoby Brisset with a guy who can barely move in the pocket.  That is a desperate move by a franchise that knows their current QB isn’t the answer but they have a team who can make a run. 

Oh Lord I think I want Schab now as our backup!!!....😞

34 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It doesn't matter what you think shouldn't qualify, we have to go by the NFL rules. It appears they are going to replace Jacoby with a HOF caliber QB. You asked who could go into NE and play well now outside of awesome Andy. I presented someone familiar with their system that had a better year than Andy last year and you go on some tangent about YPG and how Philip Rivers is a bad QB. Talk about desperate. 

11 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

He's a better, more consistent quarterback than Foles, and he still has tread on his tires, unlike Rivers. 

Dullton better than Foles?

Bww haha ha.  The ignorance of Bengal fans never stops being funny.   Foles was garbage last year.  And guess what?  So was Dullton.  Of course only one got a standing ovation when he left the field from the dumbest fans in the country

12 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Bww haha ha.  The ignorance of Bengal fans never stops being funny.   Foles was garbage last year.  And guess what?  So was Dullton.  Of course only one got a standing ovation when he left the field from the dumbest fans in the country

Now I remember why I ignored your dumb ass before here and on other boards. Sad you have to wallow in negativity but enjoy.

10 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Now I remember why I ignored your dumb ass before here and on other boards. Sad you have to wallow in negativity but enjoy.

He’s like a little kid. Supposedly he’s a Dr but I can’t imagine a Dr being so fucking petty and childish so I have my doubts about that. 

11 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Ah, tibs, my old nemesis. I'd say it's nice to see you on this board, but, well...

You do aspire to be the most persistent troll on Bengals message boards, don't you?

11 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Tibor75 is the reason the down vote should make a comeback. 

15 hours ago, bfine said:

He would probably cost too much for the Bengal brain trust but you never know.  He is like Foles, caught lighting in a bottle once and won a ring.  People forget that it was a blown coverage with 31 seconds left against Denver that allowed Flacco to complete a 70 yard bomb for a TD to tie the game and send it to overtime.   If they had lost that game, he would have never received that crippling contract from Baltimore.  He did have a great playoff run that year though, no doubt.

Also, watching John Elway continue to do stupid things at the QB position is rather entertaining.    

Certainly Flacco has more playoff experience and success than Dalton though so it is a decent option.   He was released with a failed physical designation so I am not sure what that means or what he failed for.

16 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Wallow in negativity? 

Now why would I do that?

Oh wait it's a Bengals board.

But keep praising garbage Dullton. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Tibor75 is the reason the down vote should make a comeback. 

I believe he lives or lived in Pittsburgh 

awhile ago..

His comments are truly negative for the most part ..

It got old on other boards as well as this one..

Just ignore him rather than debate his negativity...

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I believe he lives or lived in Pittsburgh 

awhile ago..

His comments are truly negative for the most part ..

It got old on other boards as well as this one..

Just ignore him rather than debate his negativity...

Negative comments when discussing one of the worst franchises in American sports history? 

Amusing that people are genuinely surprised Dullton hasn't been picked up.   I guess the same fans who praised Jon kINTa

3 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Negative comments when discussing one of the worst franchises in American sports history? 

Amusing that people are genuinely surprised Dullton hasn't been picked up.   I guess the same fans who praised Jon kINTa

Stop being a dick.  I am tired of reading all your bullshit.

6 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Straw man argument.  Nobody praised Jon Kitna. BTW,  Kitna was paid big money by Detroit to be their starter so your argument doesn’t make much sense. 

Archived