Bengals to tag AJ Green

Just now, Bleeds Orange said:

He's been making it clear since October that he doesn't want this, so why are they doing it? Is he going to be all-in for the team in the five or six games he's on the field in 2020? And what makes him think his brittle ass deserves a long-term contract from anyone?

His agent..

5 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

He's been making it clear since October that he doesn't want this, so why are they doing it? Is he going to be all-in for the team in the five or six games he's on the field in 2020? And what makes him think his brittle ass deserves a long-term contract from anyone?

The entire NFL... You're crazy if you think Green doesn't deserve and won't get a multi year deal from multiple teams.

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The entire NFL... You're crazy if you think Green doesn't deserve and won't get a multi year deal from multiple teams.

Well he can test the waters next year but he has to produce for this team at a high level in order to get that big contract..

Maybe playing a full season would help as well..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Well he can test the waters next year but he has to produce for this team at a high level in order to get that big contract..

Maybe playing a full season would help as well..

Definitely agree, 31 other teams are not stupid. AJ needs to show up and actually produce for a season to earn a big contract from the Bengals or somebody else.

Another injury riddled season and he's damaged goods at his age.

He's a great option for JB in his rookie year, I'm hoping he steps up to make that happen.

1 hour ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Definitely agree, 31 other teams are not stupid. AJ needs to show up and actually produce for a season to earn a big contract from the Bengals or somebody else.

Another injury riddled season and he's damaged goods at his age.

He's a great option for JB in his rookie year, I'm hoping he steps up to make that happen.

this.. I can't wait to see this shit  

16 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

They're not doing it. It's another story based on speculation. It's an anonymous source as usual.

Not saying they won't, but when will people stop falling for this ruse.

17 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

1. It gives both sides incentive to try and reach a long-term deal by July-15.  There's also the (less likely) sign-and-trade option.

2.  If they do keep him, what's AJ gonna do even if the Bengals do go with the one-year tag?  Sit out the season and go into next year's FA market not playing in two years with his injury history?  Tag money ain't sounding that bad, huh?  Maybe he sits out OTAs and some of camp.  If that really that bad a thing.  He's a veteran pro and one of the best in the game at his position.  Missing some time and wear-and-tear on his body could actually have a slight net upside. 

3.  So playing a year under the Tag rankles Greene a bit?  He'll be playing that year as one of the top paid receivers in the game.  Then, if it's a strong year, he goes into 2021 in a stronger market position than he has now with injury/age questions.  If anything, AJ will probably take any tag-related anger and channel it into his performance (and maybe even play through some things he hasn't in the past.

But what if he's injured again this year?  I can't believe that any club is going to sign Greene to a deal this year that is gonna be too expensive to cut him in year two or three.  He'll still get top money this season and the Bengals might be more inclined than other teams to sign him to an Eifert-like deal in 2021 if he does struggle.

They are actually trying to spin the story that Burrow is forcing them to keep Green.  I have seen it all.  Wow.  I cant wait for the free agency, the draft to be over and the season to begin.  The media never bothers me, but the shit i have witnessed the past month is just fucking made up, period.  They can have their opinion about the Bengals all they want, to some extent, they are right.  Cincinnati Bengals have done nothing to challenge their thinking when it comes to winning franchise defining moment games.  However, this other shit (Burrow not wanted to be drafted to them/Forcing their hand to keep Green) is fucking made up garbage.  Cant stomach it.  

17 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

They are actually trying to spin the story that Burrow is forcing them to keep Green.  I have seen it all.  Wow.  I cant wait for the free agency, the draft to be over and the season to begin.  The media never bothers me, but the shit i have witnessed the past month is just fucking made up, period.  They can have their opinion about the Bengals all they want, to some extent, they are right.  Cincinnati Bengals have done nothing to challenge their thinking when it comes to winning franchise defining moment games.  However, this other shit (Burrow not wanted to be drafted to them/Forcing their hand to keep Green) is fucking made up garbage.  Cant stomach it.  

Media allways looking for sensationalism.

If not there they twist it or just bullshit us and say sources...

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Media allways looking for sensationalism.

If not there they twist it or just bullshit us and say sources...

Its as if they think we can not see or hear the actual interview in which he was answering a question about Green.  Thats what kills me.  Just pure arrogance.  

Burrow was asked about playing with AJ and he said he would like him on the roster.  He also called him one of the best receivers in the league and said that a rookie QB needs as much talent around him as possible.  Nowhere did he demand anything and it's hard to argue against the logic of what Burrow said.  He was asked a question and it seems like an honest answer to me.  Giving Burrow a healthy and productive Green (a bif if) would be a huge asset in his development.  

On 3/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, SouthPaw said:

It's really just PFT, a site that is ran by a known Bengals fan, and few morons at ESPN and FoxSports

I have a bit of a problem with the "Bengals have done nothing to change perception" stuff.  5 playoff seasons in a row automatically puts that team in the top 1/3rd of the league even with the losses.  Can't lose in the playoffs if you dont make the playoffs, after all.  Even in 2015 half the stadium were Stooler fans.

This notion that they should win 3 Super Bowls before they deserve to not be treated like garbage by the media is BS, the sports media doesn't care if we win or lose they just want drama and easy stories that pretty much write themselves regardless of whether they're true or not.

Is there Stockholm Syndrome for sports fans?

Archived