Bengals to tag AJ Green

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I have a bit of a problem with the "Bengals have done nothing to change perception" stuff.  5 playoff seasons in a row automatically puts that team in the top 1/3rd of the league even with the losses.  Can't lose in the playoffs if you dont make the playoffs, after all.  Even in 2015 half the stadium were Stooler fans.

This notion that they should win 3 Super Bowls before they deserve to not be treated like garbage by the media is BS, the sports media doesn't care if we win or lose they just want drama and easy stories that pretty much write themselves regardless of whether they're true or not.

Is there Stockholm Syndrome for sports fans?

It all about the Brown family.  They do little to market the game and don't spent much over required spending.  The operation is run on a shoestring compared to others and complacency is the norm.  Our big moves in FA is typically signing our own average players to large contracts or letting above average players leave.   The stadium experience is laughable compared to the Reds and the other owners simply don't like the Browns. 

37 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

If NE keeps Brady, we should try to trade them AJ for their 2nd.  Get Brady a weapon and we get a premium pick...it's a win-win. 

I don’t think they have a 2nd round pick this year. 

On 3/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, SouthPaw said:

They are actually trying to spin the story that Burrow is forcing them to keep Green.  I have seen it all.  Wow.  I cant wait for the free agency, the draft to be over and the season to begin.  The media never bothers me, but the shit i have witnessed the past month is just fucking made up, period.  They can have their opinion about the Bengals all they want, to some extent, they are right.  Cincinnati Bengals have done nothing to challenge their thinking when it comes to winning franchise defining moment games.  However, this other shit (Burrow not wanted to be drafted to them/Forcing their hand to keep Green) is fucking made up garbage.  Cant stomach it.  

Just let it go Chief.  Be easy breezy.  Ain't about nothing other than the clicks. Thats my take. 

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

It all about the Brown family.  They do little to market the game and don't spent much over required spending.  The operation is run on a shoestring compared to others and complacency is the norm.  Our big moves in FA is typically signing our own average players to large contracts or letting above average players leave.   The stadium experience is laughable compared to the Reds and the other owners simply don't like the Browns. 

All true, but the team was winning games not that long ago and it barely moved the needle.  Playoff implosions suck of course but 10 win seasons are still a hell of a lot more fun to watch than the recent shit-circus. 

15 hours ago, Cricket said:

...probably not the only reason.

:ninja:

No ninja needed...but for the record, I would not have drafted Chris Perry or Cedric Obwehi...(or Levi Jones, I wanted Phillip Buchannon...I was wrong on that one)

McCarron is definitely better than Finley. Besides the WAG department, McCarron won a couple of national titles in college and had the Bengals in position to win their first playoff game in 25 years before things fell apart.  Finley hasn't shown anything in an NFL game. 

35 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

McCarron is definitely better than Finley. Besides the WAG department, McCarron won a couple of national titles in college and had the Bengals in position to win their first playoff game in 25 years before things fell apart.  Finley hasn't shown anything in an NFL game. 

That's putting it mildly.  Dude was throwing the ball like he had a broken elbow.  He could barely complete a checkdown, it was shockingly bad.

Archived