Burrow -1, Jefferson -2

1 hour ago, bfine said:

Plenty compelling reasons not to draft Jefferson. He's not very good at blocking or tackling are the main two. 

Certainly those weaknesses can’t be overlooked. 

After Green and Ross we have no speed at WR.  And Green has missed more games than he's played the past 2 years, and Ross is inconsistent when he isn't injured.  If WR is BPA at 33, take him.  I just don't think Jefferson will be there. 

Love Jefferson, if he's still there.  You will certainly be able to make an argument that he's the BPA.  Thing is though, there will also be an OL, LB &/or CB there that you could make a similar case for and each is more of a need.  With Green, Boyd, Ross, Tate & Erickson, back, WR is one spot I would hold off on early and then address as a priority in next year's draft.

If they were to sign & trade AJ before the draft, then yes, I go WR early, but I don't see that happening.

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

Love Jefferson, if he's still there.  You will certainly be able to make an argument that he's the BPA.  Thing is though, there will also be an OL, LB &/or CB there that you could make a similar case for and each is more of a need.  With Green, Boyd, Ross, Tate & Erickson, back, WR is one spot I would hold off on early and then address as a priority in next year's draft.

If they were to sign & trade AJ before the draft, then yes, I go WR early, but I don't see that happening.

Except Tate is a niche player, Erickson is nothing special on offense, Ross has been a bust so far and Green has been injured for almost two years. Boyd is the only WR we can count on as of today. 

The other part about drafting Jefferson if available is the obvious connection to Burrow. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Except Tate is a niche player, Erickson is nothing special on offense, Ross has been a bust so far and Green has been injured for almost two years. Boyd is the only WR we can count on as of today. 

The other part about drafting Jefferson if available is the obvious connection to Burrow. 

While I don't disagree with this assessment, I've said before that I think Tate is exactly the kind of receiver that can explode with a QB like Burrow - i.e. the type that win jump balls and feast on well-placed throws.  Just watching Joe the relatively small amount i have, the one thing that is very consistent is that he has no qualms about throwing to receivers that compete for jump balls and almost always seems to give them a huge advantage in that scenario.  Tate was making Dalton look good *a lot* and maybe Joe can return the favour a bit.

5 hours ago, Sox said:

I'd love to see them pick Jefferson IF he's there at 33,but I think he's gone before we pick.TBH,I just want to see the bpa at WR,OL,LB,or CB at 33.

The only things I wouldn't take at 33 are RB or TE.

20 hours ago, spicoli said:

I’d rather have Mims than Jefferson if they’re going WR. I also really like the small school hybrid safety at 33...Kyle Duggar. 

Not sure about Mims.  At least in the second round.

Dugger intrigues the hell out of me.

Would not break my heart to see him put in stripes at 2 just to see

what he can do.  Eventual Williams replacement if nothing else and the thought

of him and Jesse Bates at safety is a good thought.

But if the Bengals do as the Bengals do, round 2 will be a wide receiver with some

other juicy prospects still on the board.  Who won't be there at 3.

Still thinking trade down rather than taking the cream of the crop is a very real Bengal possibility.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Taking a QB/WR 1-2 with this OL and this defense sounds like the most Bengals thing ever.  Lock it in.

Until FA is over it’s just passing the time to guess 

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

and that's a pretty good guess!  Last time we tried to rebuild it was WR-QB 1-2 so maybe this is an improvement

Well, we had a pretty decent O line back then although Bobbie Williams was getting up there.   That last team with Palmer was snake bitten. Team was 4-12 with the 20th ranked offense and 15th ranked D.  Not great but only 4 wins?

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well, we had a pretty decent O line back then although Bobbie Williams was getting up there.   That last team with Palmer was snake bitten. Team was 4-12 with the 20th ranked offense and 15th ranked D.  Not great but only 4 wins?

Same situation, bunch of malcontents & guys just showing up for a check.  No real leadership & no vision from the coaches either.

Archived