Bengals will be active in Free Agency

51 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Hubbard would've had a breakout year on an average defense.  He still made a lot of plays.  Where does he fit in this alleged 3-4 scheme? 

As a OLB ....which is where he was born to play. 

14 minutes ago, bfine said:

Looks like the Ravens have already started to improve. Traded a 5th RD pick to Jax for Calais Campbell

Wow!...hes had sime great seasons the last 4 yrs and isnt slowing down...

Great run defender ..

Big salary...no wonder theyre letting Schobert go...

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Hubbard would've had a breakout year on an average defense.  He still made a lot of plays.  Where does he fit in this alleged 3-4 scheme? 

I would think ss backer in a 3-4..

Where does that leave Lawson?..

Hes not a coverage guy at all...

I believe theyll try some exotic schemes but 4-3 most of the time..

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I believe theyll try some exotic schemes but 4-3 most of the time..

That sounds like a trainwreck in the making unless they plan to bring in 7-8 new starters.  LB is the weakest position on defense and the plan is to put more of them on the field?  Yeah, ok.  :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That sounds like a trainwreck in the making unless they plan to bring in 7-8 new starters.  LB is the weakest position on defense and the plan is to put more of them on the field?  Yeah, ok.  :thumbsup:

its not like they have an abundance of reliable backers..

They can't come out wuth the same look every down regardless of who is rotating..

Either give their opposing QB a different look or get some more good backers..

Can you imagine adding Joe Schoebert from the Browbs and drafting Queen at 2?

Doubt it would happen but theyd be stocked ..

47 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

its not like they have an abundance of reliable backers..

They can't come out wuth the same look every down regardless of who is rotating..

Either give their opposing QB a different look or get some more good backers..

Can you imagine adding Joe Schoebert from the Browbs and drafting Queen at 2?

Doubt it would happen but theyd be stocked ..

That could certainly flip the field from a weakness to at least above average....and I'd love it.

I'm afraid Schoebert is going to be too expensive for their taste.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be LB's, it can be Safeties as well.

And it's not like this is anything new. Pretty much every coordinator we've had here before Anurumo has run some 3-4 variation from time to time while sticking to a 4-3 base. 

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

More like a continuation of the train wreck.

Right..  I guess it's fair to say the defense needs to be retooled either way so go ahead and run whatever.  No scheme will fix an overall lack of talent & ability.  

Maybe they meant they'd be active during free agency, like they're gonna take up pilates or go camping.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Right..  I guess it's fair to say the defense needs to be retooled either way so go ahead and run whatever.  No scheme will fix an overall lack of talent & ability.  

Maybe they meant they'd be active during free agency, like they're gonna take up pilates or go camping.

Re-tooled yeas but for the descent players on D we do have, they seemed to be more oriented toward a 4-3. 

I would say a bigger issue is the DC - if Zimmer or someone of his level wanted to make the change i could dig it, but i have little faith Lou Costello as our DC.

4 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Joe Thuney and Brandon Scherff have both been tagged. Were both big dream targets for some on here. Jack Conklin, Cory Littleton and Graham Glasgow would be my main targets, 

You arent big on Brian Bulaga??

I know his injury history...

Could be the only FA they get is overpaid or his some injury issue..

Thats the pile they may have to choose from ...

13 minutes ago, bfine said:

WTS, I think I need to see something in the next couple days or I'll know business as usual

Wtf? Why on earth would you think otherwise? You’ve been a fan of this team for how long now? 

On 3/3/2020 at 5:03 PM, bfine said:

according to Ian Rappaport:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105068/article/bengals-expected-to-be-heavily-involved-in-free-agency?campaign=Twitter_atn

Perhaps we're going to break the model, model and take our shot

LOL at all the stupid fans who continue to believe this garbage year after year. 

Hobknob will claim their big move was franchising AJ Green.

57 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

You arent big on Brian Bulaga??

I know his injury history...

Could be the only FA they get is overpaid or his some injury issue..

Thats the pile they may have to choose from ...

At this point Thuney, Scherff, Conklin and Castanzo are all off the market. I'd be thrilled with Buluga, especially as he's a RT. 

Archived