Bengals will be active in Free Agency

With the Browns signing Conklin, a good player, someone will be cut in Cleveland. That will be the Bengals target.

If you think of free agency as being like the D.E.N.N.I.S. system, the good teams are Dennis, the mediocre teams are Mac and the Bengals are Frank. 

The Dolphins have agreed to terms with safety Clayton Fejedelem on a three-year deal, agent Mike McCartney announced on Twitter.

Fejedelem, 26, spent the past four seasons with the Bengals after they made him a seventh-round choice.

He started only six games, none in 2019, but was a core special teams player in his time in Cincinnati.

Fejedelem played 695 snaps on defense and 1,441 on special teams the past four seasons. That includes 112 on defense and 379 on special teams in 2019.

He has 177 tackles, an interception, a forced fumble and two pass breakups in his career.

1 hour ago, bfine said:

It's been 8 hours. 

More than that really. Today was the start of the official negotiating period. But  teams have been negotiating with players since the combine. That's how deals get announced in the first hour. 

More importantly, a few obvious targets (Conklin, Glasgow, Kwiatkowski) for the Bengals have been signed. If the plan is to go to war with what we have, that's a bad plan. If Bengals free agency depends on trading Dalton, that's a bad plan. If the plan is to draft linemen to protect Burrow, that's a bad plan. 

The Bengals have a large amount of cap space but don't seem to be able to put it to good use. 

28 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

More than that really. Today was the start of the official negotiating period. But  teams have been negotiating with players since the combine. That's how deals get announced in the first hour. 

More importantly, a few obvious targets (Conklin, Glasgow, Kwiatkowski) for the Bengals have been signed. If the plan is to go to war with what we have, that's a bad plan. If Bengals free agency depends on trading Dalton, that's a bad plan. If the plan is to draft linemen to protect Burrow, that's a bad plan. 

The Bengals have a large amount of cap space but don't seem to be able to put it to good use. 

The 4 biggest players so far have been:

Miami

Cleveland

Detriot

NYG

I get being frustrated about not signing FAs, but I'm going to give it just a little longer before I advocate Burrow pulling a Manning because we didn't upgrade, FWIW a few FAs "still" available that would look good in stripes:

Jadaveon Clowney

Desmond Trufant

Gerald McCoy

Bryan Bulaga

Corey Littleton

Believe it or not; FA is not over.

8 hours ago, bfine said:

Miami

Cleveland

Detriot

NYG

I get being frustrated about not signing FAs, but I'm going to give it just a little longer before I advocate Burrow pulling a Manning because we didn't upgrade, FWIW a few FAs "still" available that would look good in stripes:

Jadaveon Clowney

Desmond Trufant

Gerald McCoy

Bryan Bulaga

Corey Littleton

:24: 

Players still available..

- Joe Schobert 
- Cory Littleton
- Logan Ryan
- Dante Fowler
- Andrew Whitworth 
- Bryan Bulaga 
- Haha Clinton-Dix
- Derek Wolfe
- Trae Waynes
- Tony Jefferson
- Ronald Darby
- Patrick Onwuasor
- Karl Joseph

Bengals still have options.

I am not expecting this team to go ape-shit crazy in free agency, but I at least would like it if they would make ONE DAMN MOVE of need!. Get either a LB or OL that is a proven player and young enough to be here a few years. Always waiting what kind of blue-light specials they can find is tiresome. I know today is the "official" start, but look at all the other teams that at least made a move to better a known weakness, especially the freakin Browns.,

11 hours ago, bfine said:

Miami

Cleveland

Detriot

NYG

Jadaveon Clowney

Desmond Trufant

Gerald McCoy

Bryan Bulaga

Corey Littleton

I'd welcome the arrival of Clowney or Littleton. But I won't hold my breath. Bulaga is well past his prime and frequently injured.Sure, he's better than Bobby Hart but that's not a high bar. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Players still available..

- Andrew Whitworth 

Bengals still have options.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I would straight up take Whit back if he is open to playing guard and being the LT backup.

I think Whit signed a 1 year extension not long ago and is no longer available. 

1 hour ago, crazycat said:

I am not expecting this team to go ape-shit crazy in free agency, but I at least would like it if they would make ONE DAMN MOVE of need!. Get either a LB or OL that is a proven player and young enough to be here a few years. Always waiting what kind of blue-light specials they can find is tiresome. I know today is the "official" start, but look at all the other teams that at least made a move to better a known weakness, especially the freakin Browns.,

Day 1 of Free Agency showed the Miami Dolphins and Cleveland Browns will be playing in the Super Bowl.  Lock it in.

9 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

Day 1 of Free Agency showed the Miami Dolphins and Cleveland Browns will be playing in the Super Bowl.  Lock it in.

Yeah because it worked out so well for Cleveland last year..

The Giants, Dolphins, Lions, and Browns were active yesterday because they try. They may well fall on their faces but those teams are likely to win a Superbowl before the Bengals do. At least as long as Mike Brown has control of the team and possibly during Katie's lifetime too. 

They should try to sign a competent tackle because they have no clue what you have in Williams. Williams could come in and be like so many offensive lineman taken early and suck. Hopefully that's not the case I do have high hopes for him but you never know. As for Hart I think the Bengals love him for whatever reason. I think his play did improve late last year but should be upgraded.

Give me Schobert and Darby on a one year prove it deal.

Archived