Bengals will be active in Free Agency

11 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

They may well fall on their faces but those teams are likely to win a Superbowl before the Bengals do. At least as long as Mike Brown has control of the team and possibly during Katie's lifetime too. 

Lol, ya think? Really going out on a limb with that one, huh? 

34 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Yeah because it worked out so well for Cleveland last year..

It did for the owner.  Cleveland sold every ticket and the fans had a lot of hope going into the season.   The Bengals did nothing to get the fans excited other than draft an injured tackle and the result was they had the lowest percentage of tickets sold (72%) and the lowest attendance BY FAR other than San Diego playing in a soccer stadium. 

Like it or not, fans want to think you are trying.   The Bengals are just going thru the motions and don't give a crap what the fans think, never have.   All you need to do is spend a day at the Great American Ballpark and then head over to PBS for a game.  One organization wants the fans to have a reason to come back even if they lose, the other doesn't care. 

All I am asking is do something that looks like you are trying to improve, really improve. Sign one GOOD player at a position of need. I should know after all this time, it really won't change. Maybe it's over dramatic since it is so soon, but it's ground hog day all over again.

In the words of Austin Powers, "Throw us a freaking bone"

38 minutes ago, SF2 said:

...The Bengals are just going thru the motions and don't give a crap what the fans think, never have.   All you need to do is spend a day at the Great American Ballpark and then head over to PBS for a game.  One organization wants the fans to have a reason to come back even if they lose, the other doesn't care. 

I hate this post...because it is so true.  

And there’s not a damn thing I can do about it.

50 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

As the 'active in free agency' worked for us last year as well.

You act like you’re talking to someone who thinks the Bengals actually try. I unequivocally do NOT think that. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

It did for the owner.  Cleveland sold every ticket and the fans had a lot of hope going into the season.   The Bengals did nothing to get the fans excited other than draft an injured tackle and the result was they had the lowest percentage of tickets sold (72%) and the lowest attendance BY FAR other than San Diego playing in a soccer stadium. 

Like it or not, fans want to think you are trying.   The Bengals are just going thru the motions and don't give a crap what the fans think, never have.   All you need to do is spend a day at the Great American Ballpark and then head over to PBS for a game.  One organization wants the fans to have a reason to come back even if they lose, the other doesn't care. 

Lol, are you talking to me? Do you really think I don’t already know that?

Actually Is there a single person on here right now that doesn’t know that?

6 minutes ago, crazycat said:

And Schobert is gone.

Joe Schobert joins Jaguars on five-year, $53.8M deal

Lord...they will use the Luke Kekely money for him..

Good move..

Oo that leaves my wishlist down to Bulaga, McCarren and Robbie Anderson (love this guy but otta their price range im sure)..

Hey Big Whit at guard fir a year or two would help at a reasonable price..He had a PFF of 72 with i sack given up but 13 penalties..

6 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Lord...they will use the Luke Kekely money for him..

Good move..

Oo that leaves my wishlist down to Bulaga, McCarren and Robbie Anderson (love this guy but otta their price range im sure)..

Hey Big Whit at guard fir a year or two would help at a reasonable price..He had a PFF of 72 with i sack given up but 13 penalties..

wrong team. lol

Ogletree looks like the best lb remaining IMO

I guess Dehner said

Schobert and Kwiatkowski both end up elsewhere despite the Bengals in the mix until the end. Coming away empty is tough to justify when you spent all year complaining about the awful state of that room.

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'd welcome the arrival of Clowney or Littleton. But I won't hold my breath. Bulaga is well past his prime and frequently injured.Sure, he's better than Bobby Hart but that's not a high bar. 

Well you don't have to worry about Bulaga. 3 years $30 Mil to the Chargers

The Bengals are trying to show Joe Burrow they are committed to winning.

After franchising receiver A.J. Green, they have come to terms with nose tackle D.J. Reader. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports it’s a four-year, $53 million deal.

A few days ago, it became clear the Texans would not be able to keep Reader. Multiple teams reportedly had interest.

Reader, 25, spent his first four seasons with the Texans after they made him a fifth-round choice.

He has missed only three games in his career.

Reader started every game last season except for the Texans’ meaningless Week 17 game.

He has 154 tackles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Reader is No. 33 on our list of the Top 100 free agent

Archived